By clicking the button below you are agreeing to the terms of service.
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>.
<placeholder>
Hrvatski
Dansk
Nederlands
English
Eesti
Français
Deutsche
ελληνικά
Magyar
Italiano
Norsk
Português
Español
Svenska

+ Reply to Thread
    Level 2: Familiar Sound hermit is on a distinguished road hermit's Avatar

Tips for 3-way games

Hey folks, sorry if there have already been threads about this, I did a search but couldn't find any--what are basics strategies for 3-player games, either ones that only start with 3 players or that start with more but get narrowed down to only 3? Also depends of course on escalating vs flat rate cards. I'm in a flat rate 3-player right now that's been going on almost 30 rounds lol, we're hunkered down in our respective areas with some back and forth but we've balanced each other pretty well (one player did take the advantage for a few rounds, but eventually the other player and I were able to contain them again). Is it just a matter of waiting until say player A accidentally pushes player B just a little too much, enabling player C to then make an irreversible rise over both of them? Right now (I'm player B) I've been trying to keep player A slightly stronger, so that the responsibility of balancing him falls to player C a bit more each round before A goes again, instead of player C being slightly stronger in which case player A would just let the burden of the balance fall to me each round, allowing me to build up a bit more each round. Is that as clever as I think it is or nah?

Forum Moderator and All Knowing God. Cardinalsrule is a glorious beacon of light Cardinalsrule is a glorious beacon of light Cardinalsrule is a glorious beacon of light Cardinalsrule's Avatar
    Three player games are a balancing act, for sure. You have the right idea. In the end, you have to either be able to take out a player without weakening yourself so much that the other player wins, or get the other two to weaken themselves in that respect. It can be difficult. Sounds like you may be in a 'marathon' game there...
    "And if you don't give up and don't give in, you may just be OK" ~ Mike and the Mechanics "The Living Years"

Level 1: Faint Background Noise Grotho is on a distinguished road Grotho's Avatar
    I'm in a couple of 3 way games and they are taking forever even with being mercenery and there being an incentive to take out a player.

Level 6: Prominent Opinion Virtuoso is on a distinguished road Virtuoso's Avatar
    Pick on the player who comes after you. Heavily enforce all your mutual borders. It'll compel him to attack the other player to get his card.

Forum Moderator and All Knowing God. Cardinalsrule is a glorious beacon of light Cardinalsrule is a glorious beacon of light Cardinalsrule is a glorious beacon of light Cardinalsrule's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtuoso View Post
    Pick on the player who comes after you. Heavily enforce all your mutual borders. It'll compel him to attack the other player to get his card.
    That can work for a short time, but if you consistently attack one player only in a 3-player game, you're going to find yourself deeply unpopular.
    "And if you don't give up and don't give in, you may just be OK" ~ Mike and the Mechanics "The Living Years"