By clicking the button below you are agreeing to the terms of service.
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>.
<placeholder>
Hrvatski
Dansk
Nederlands
English
Eesti
Français
Deutsche
ελληνικά
Magyar
Italiano
Norsk
Português
Español
Svenska

+ Reply to Thread
    Level 8: Renowned Expert JCUK knows their way around JCUK's Avatar

A place where everyone knows your name!

Or at least your username!

I have recently written a new blog which I hope Sheriff will publish. It's called 'Why am I still playing here after 5 years'.

I wanted to add some comments that I didn't include in the blog.

We're going through strange times, people are at home with cabin fever, I sure am, people have lost thier jobs, income and some have lost businesses. 'Strange times', is a common phrase at the moment and indeed it is.

I, like many, have spent more time on this site than usual, mainly because I'm working from home as I'm sure a lot of you are where possible. I'm also leaving my current job in Oct, buying a new house and it's big change for me. Deciding to leave the leave the military after 25 years was a choice I made back in last Oct. The timing is not the best in hindsight but who could predict a global pandemic. I am fortunate to be relatively relaxed about this and consider myself fortunate that the timing hopefully will work out for me 'at the moment'. But I know some people are going through changes in life that has been unsuspectingly forced upon them and they aren't prepared. I have had time to prepare for my life change and I am grateful for that option. My wife is a little nervous but I reassure her that everything will be fine as i expect/hope it will be.

I have had nearly a month now at home, I'll be honest, not doing very much, like many. It's really given me an opportunity to unwind and contemplate the future, deal with old stresses and just chill. With what's going on in the world and the position I am in, it's really made me think a lot about other people and how it is affecting them and this grounds me every day. It puts a lot in perspective for me. My worries a month ago was will my house sell? Will I be able to buy the house I want in the area I want? Will I get the job I want? These all seem quite trivia now considering the problems I see others going through.

The one thing that remains constant in my life, is strangely this site and community. The clock still keeps ticking, people are still taking their turns and the chat continues. It means while I'm here, I'm counting, working out odds (sometimes), yes Brains, I do work out the odds sometimes : ) and thinking through and discussing strategies.

I just wanted to say thank you for this small escape in what is a very turbulent world right now.

JC
    Last edited by JCUK; 04-21-2020 at 03:18 AM.

2. 04-21-2020 09:04 AM

Level 7: Distinguished Contributor

Level 7: Distinguished Contributor luiscasanova is on a distinguished road luiscasanova's Avatar
    And thank you for your contribution to keep this place active! Cheers! Be safe!

LC

Level 7: Distinguished Contributor xsb1977 is on a distinguished road xsb1977's Avatar
    Thanks for the read JCUK! superinteresting, anyone will see some part of ourself on it. And thanks for keep the site nice as well as the Tournament feed active! You're a master :-)