By clicking the button below you are agreeing to the terms of service.
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>.
<placeholder>
Hrvatski
Dansk
Nederlands
English
Eesti
Français
Deutsche
ελληνικά
Magyar
Italiano
Norsk
Português
Español
Svenska

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
    Level 5: Notable Commentator acaminante has good things to say acaminante's Avatar
    I was also confused by this my first game until my opponent explained it to me.

I think the interface "as is" works perfectly, but I would do two things:

1) Add screenshots to the wiki page, and explain exactly which actions the user needs to take. For example, I'm told to "call up" the reserves, but I'm not told where I need to click to call them up.

2) Once you have a possible set of reserves, you get an extra "call up reserves" phase just before you deploy. Maybe you should add a red border around the three+ cards to point them out to the user . When the user has five cards and must call up reserves, you get the msg "You must call up reserves" and clicking on the button doesn't do anything. Maybe with that message you could embed a hyperlink in the word "reserves" which would open up the wiki page in a new window.

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island) Badorties is a name known to all Badorties is a name known to all Badorties is a name known to all Badorties is a name known to all Badorties's Avatar
    yeah.. there are several vectors to improve here... both the UI and the explanation of the UI.

Level 1: Faint Background Noise Army knows their way around Army's Avatar
    I'd say, add checkboxes, and highlight more that "Deploy X reserve troops" is a button, and that it belongs to the items on the left.

For the explanation, there's a help feature - doesn't it describe the process during the reserves phase? A better formulation might help people.

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island) Badorties is a name known to all Badorties is a name known to all Badorties is a name known to all Badorties is a name known to all Badorties's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Army View Post
    I'd say, add checkboxes, and highlight more that "Deploy X reserve troops" is a button, and that it belongs to the items on the left.

For the explanation, there's a help feature - doesn't it describe the process during the reserves phase? A better formulation might help people.
    Yes I was thinking of checkboxes my self, only when there is the ability to call up.

Level 1: Faint Background Noise doughboy is on a distinguished road doughboy's Avatar
    I see no how to call up serves. Gather and click on 3 of a kind or 3 different colors THEN click the button "Reserve Troops". Am I correct to assume that reserves must be called up during the "Deployment" phase?

Level 7: Distinguished Contributor periwinkle is on a distinguished road periwinkle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
    I see no how to call up serves. Gather and click on 3 of a kind or 3 different colors THEN click the button "Reserve Troops". Am I correct to assume that reserves must be called up during the "Deployment" phase?
    yes...that is correct...reserves can only be called up in deployment phase. I know you are from another risk like site...on this site....auto sets only occur if you have 5 cards or more. So if you have 5 cards or more, the system forces you to cash your set. If you happen to kill an opponent and you just gathered 4 cards with a set....you can not cash that set until your next turn...the deployment phase. hope that helps!