By clicking the button below you are agreeing to the terms of service.
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>.
<placeholder>
Hrvatski
Dansk
Nederlands
English
Eesti
Français
Deutsche
ελληνικά
Magyar
Italiano
Norsk
Português
Español
Svenska

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6
1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Make My Day... NewSheriffInTown commands your respect NewSheriffInTown commands your respect NewSheriffInTown's Avatar

New Options for 1v1 (2 player) Games!!

New Options for 2 Player Games

Players now have the option to play and create a 1v1 game (2 players) using the new 1/2 troop rule.

There are TWO OPTIONS for 1v1 (2 player games)

How it works:

FIRST STANDARD OPTION:
    • By default, all 2 player games will give both players the same troops in the first round.
    • All unmarked games will work this way by default, nothing needs to be done to create and play the traditional rules

SECOND NEW OPTION:

If you see a 2 player game that has the words: "NEW RULES: HALF TROOPS FOR 1ST PLAYER " in the notes, then the following 1/2 troop rule will apply:
    • 1st player gets half their deploy troops on the first turn
    • after that, the game continues as normal

For the new 2 player game option to work, the note section of the game must have the words "NEW RULES: HALF TROOPS FOR 1ST PLAYER".

That's all! Have fun!

Click Here for Available Games

Pro Tips to Create New Games

For those of you who wish to create a 2 player game with the new 1/2 troop rules, then continue reading below.

How to create a game with the new rules:

Creating a 1v1 game with the new rules is simple. You basically create any 2 player game as you normally would, but you need to add a specific text in the notes/tags: section of the game to activate the new rules.

The new rules will only work if the following text is added to the notes/tags section:

Code:
    <b>NEW RULES: HALF TROOPS FOR 1ST PLAYER</b>
    The text must be added exactly as above, including the <b> and </b> on each end.

Adding that text to the note section will active the new 1/2 troop rules. THAT'S ALL!

CORRECTION - This rule will work on small maps. Instead of 3 troops, the first player will get 2 troops. So go ahead and create any game on any map you want!

We will check in a couple months to see the results.

Good Luck and Have fun!
    Last edited by NewSheriffInTown; 02-13-2020 at 09:43 PM.

Level 4: Recognized Voice matildathehun is on a distinguished road matildathehun's Avatar
    There's a lot of debate to the validity of this move of trying to even up sides in two-player games. As some have pointed out, it's almost academic -- you go first, you win.

So, I jumped on board with two Mars games. I went first in one game, which I won -- but it was way closer than it would have been. I went second in the other game, and though it's not over yet, it's looking good for me.

A sample size of two is not enough to decide whether or not things have been evened up in terms of percentages. But the other factor is playability -- is it fun? I can say in both cases, yes. (And I'd be saying that even if I'd lost that game, though admittedly not as whole-heartedly...! lol)

My two cents.

-MTH

Level 7: Distinguished Contributor AuraCraft is on a distinguished road AuraCraft's Avatar
    @Mathilda
    that's nice to hear, ty ; )
    I'm happy to be able to contribute
    Last edited by AuraCraft; 02-13-2020 at 04:00 PM.

Make My Day... NewSheriffInTown commands your respect NewSheriffInTown commands your respect NewSheriffInTown's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matildathehun View Post
    There's a lot of debate to the validity of this move of trying to even up sides in two-player games. As some have pointed out, it's almost academic -- you go first, you win.

So, I jumped on board with two Mars games. I went first in one game, which I won -- but it was way closer than it would have been. I went second in the other game, and though it's not over yet, it's looking good for me.

A sample size of two is not enough to decide whether or not things have been evened up in terms of percentages. But the other factor is playability -- is it fun? I can say in both cases, yes. (And I'd be saying that even if I'd lost that game, though admittedly not as whole-heartedly...! lol)

My two cents.

-MTH
    That's great. That is exactly the aim of this experiment. Trying to increase the fun factor! Thanks for the feedback.

Level 8: Renowned Expert JCUK knows their way around JCUK's Avatar
    Post Rating
    I am still not 100% convinced this is a solution but from these games I have played it certainly feels a lot closer as expected...an initial win in my books. You need a lot more stats to get some adequate evidence. The games I have won and lost on these settings seem more determined by the drop than anything else.

What i would like to see is the ability to choose where starting troops are placed at the start of the game in alternate order rather than a random drop at the start. In casual this would take a very long time and likely not feasible but in RT this would be a great feature and would make the game more exciting. I believe you would get more players players playing RT which is where you get more players hanging around more than a couple of games and then leaving.

Post Rating
    Quote Originally Posted by JCUK View Post
    I am still not 100% convinced this is a solution but from these games I have played it certainly feels a lot closer as expected...an initial win in my books. You need a lot more stats to get some adequate evidence. The games I have won and lost on these settings seem more determined by the drop than anything else.

What i would like to see is the ability to choose where starting troops are placed at the start of the game in alternate order rather than a random drop at the start. In casual this would take a very long time and likely not feasible but in RT this would be a great feature and would make the game more exciting. I believe you would get more players players playing RT which is where you get more players hanging around more than a couple of games and then leaving.
    That's definitely something to consider. It would take a lot of coding, but it would be a nice feature....

And as long as the games feel closer, then it's a step in the right direction! :-)

Level 9: Highly Acclaimed Authority on the Subject riskyone commands your respect riskyone commands your respect riskyone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NewSheriffInTown View Post
    That's great. That is exactly the aim of this experiment. Trying to increase the fun factor! Thanks for the feedback.
    +1

Level 11: Commanding General of Everything. Don't ask, just listen. I'm at 11. Sebrim commands your respect Sebrim commands your respect Sebrim's Avatar

Level 2: Familiar Sound welshmaz is on a distinguished road welshmaz's Avatar
    Thanks for these updates. Chang50 and I tend to play first player deploys and does not attack and this works well.

Forum Moderator and All Knowing God. brianstheman is on a distinguished road brianstheman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JCUK View Post
    What i would like to see is the ability to choose where starting troops are placed at the start of the game in alternate order rather than a random drop at the start. In casual this would take a very long time and likely not feasible but in RT this would be a great feature and would make the game more exciting. ..

Wouldn't this turn out like a game of tic-tac-toe? P1 deploys Aus, P2 to block deploys Aus. P1 changes tack and deploys Africa. P2 deploys Africa.

Seems cool in theory, but in practice this phase should be P2 deploying right next to P1s last deployment.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6
1 2 3 ... LastLast