By clicking the button below you are agreeing to the terms of service.
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>.
<placeholder>
Hrvatski
Dansk
Nederlands
English
Eesti
Français
Deutsche
ελληνικά
Magyar
Italiano
Norsk
Português
Español
Svenska

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Forum Moderator and All Knowing God. Cardinalsrule is a glorious beacon of light Cardinalsrule is a glorious beacon of light Cardinalsrule is a glorious beacon of light Cardinalsrule's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AuraCraft View Post
    I'm not adding stats together; that's what gambit does. I just copied/pasted the output.

With the tool you're using you got 65% output. That's if the (right column) setting is 3 dice vs 2. Obviously not all rolls will be 3 vs 2 which is how you seem to interpret the tool's default setting
    4 vs 3 -> roll once; next up is either 3d vsd 2 or 4 vs 1 (or 2 vs 2, which you won't roll)
    (So your 65% isn't prefectly accurate)

So this shows 2 things
    1 the way you interpret your tool is "incorrect" (I'm guessing this tool probly works best for stacks rather than small numbers.)
    2 the findings are similar enough (your 65% and gambit's (59% and 72% which) averages 63%), which means the point I'm making still stands; that with minimaps 1st turn half deploy you get as close as you can to more even odds of either player being the first to get a card. You don't care about that; ppl who want a lvl playing field do.
    NO, You are misinterpreting the tool. You put in the number of troops each has and it tells you the likelihood of success, PERIOD. All the way down to a 1v1 if necessary. 1000 iterations displayed.
    "And if you don't give up and don't give in, you may just be OK" ~ Mike and the Mechanics "The Living Years"

Level 6: Prominent Opinion haWD96lz is on a distinguished road haWD96lz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinalsrule View Post
    NO, You are misinterpreting the tool. You put in the number of troops each has and it tells you the likelihood of success, PERIOD. All the way down to a 1v1 if necessary. 1000 iterations displayed.
    I'm busy right now, but I agree with Cards. Happy to work out the true odds of this over the weekend. Its not a large space so we can just calculate it directly.

Forum Moderator and All Knowing God. Cardinalsrule is a glorious beacon of light Cardinalsrule is a glorious beacon of light Cardinalsrule is a glorious beacon of light Cardinalsrule's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by haWD96lz View Post
    I'm busy right now, but I agree with Cards. Happy to work out the true odds of this over the weekend. Its not a large space so we can just calculate it directly.
    Ah, I knew we had a stats expert, but couldn't remember who it was. Now I remember. Thanks, haWD96lz
    "And if you don't give up and don't give in, you may just be OK" ~ Mike and the Mechanics "The Living Years"

Level 7: Distinguished Contributor periwinkle is on a distinguished road periwinkle's Avatar
    Just a quick question....why did we try this half troop thing and not the first person deploy thing? Shouldn't we try to get stats on that? It seems people get less antsy because the troops deployment is the same. Not trying to stir the pot..but just asking an honest question.

Quote Originally Posted by periwinkle View Post
    Just a quick question....why did we try this half troop thing and not the first person deploy thing? Shouldn't we try to get stats on that? It seems people get less antsy because the troops deployment is the same. Not trying to stir the pot..but just asking an honest question.
    Beats me. Someone convinced Sheriff to take MrMarcos away from the new engine work to put this code in. Seems to me like it's not any more important than 1000 other tweaks that are scheduled for the new game engine, but what do I know.

Forum Moderator and All Knowing God. brianstheman is on a distinguished road brianstheman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by periwinkle View Post
    From what I heard (it wasn't from Sheriff directly) the current engine couldn't do the first person deploy thing. But if people don't like a reduced chance of getting a card going first now, what will they say when there's a zero percent chance?

Level 7: Distinguished Contributor periwinkle is on a distinguished road periwinkle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brianstheman View Post
    From what I heard (it wasn't from Sheriff directly) the current engine couldn't do the first person deploy thing. But if people don't like a reduced chance of getting a card going first now, what will they say when there's a zero percent chance?
    well...if it is escalate...and...if the first person just deploys I rather be 2nd in gettingthe reserves....at least I think that could be a good thing....
    Last edited by periwinkle; 03-24-2020 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinalsrule View Post
    Beats me. Someone convinced Sheriff to take MrMarcos away from the new engine work to put this code in. Seems to me like it's not any more important than 1000 other tweaks that are scheduled for the new game engine, but what do I know.
    I agree...let's focus on the new code....tweaks can always be made later...I like to see more traffic here anyway...everyone that has been around for at least 5 years told me that the traffic was awesome for UDOs collecting....