By clicking the button below you are agreeing to the terms of service.
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>.
<placeholder>
Hrvatski
Dansk
Nederlands
English
Eesti
Français
Deutsche
ελληνικά
Magyar
Italiano
Norsk
Português
Español
Svenska

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
    Level 6: Prominent Opinion clarkenfeld is on a distinguished road clarkenfeld's Avatar
    Chance it is. I'm so icy that in FF I roll 1 1 not 6 and 1.

RT or casual?

Level 3: Occasional Commentator d-flat is on a distinguished road d-flat's Avatar
    Haha! Casual please

Level 11: Commanding General of Everything. Don't ask, just listen. I'm at 11. Bluebonnet commands your respect Bluebonnet commands your respect Bluebonnet's Avatar
    Be sure to ask Clark for tips. He is impressive on 12d.

Most important tip, over rolling to have the first must have card is a major mistake. let troops build and have a slow roll out. You can be aggressive later in the game. being too aggressive in the first 2 rounds can end the game right there.

Level 7: Distinguished Contributor periwinkle is on a distinguished road periwinkle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by d-flat View Post
    Thanks peeps.

I just thought I'd got for it and joined a 12D 1v1 - didn't see it was Fixed-Force! Only played FF once and it was brutal. Periwinkle absolutely destroyed me!!

I'll take you up on the 12D arse-kicking attempt clarkenfeld - bring it! CHANCE though please!!

yes...FF 1V1 or team vs team, the first player/team has a BIG advantage (and usually wins)...however if it is no-reinf.the 2nd player/team actually has a chance to win....which is my favourite setting. I like the challenge of going 2nd on these head to head games.

Forum Moderator and All Knowing God. Cardinalsrule is a glorious beacon of light Cardinalsrule is a glorious beacon of light Cardinalsrule is a glorious beacon of light Cardinalsrule's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    Be sure to ask Clark for tips. He is impressive on 12d.

Most important tip, over rolling to have the first must have card is a major mistake. let troops build and have a slow roll out. You can be aggressive later in the game. being too aggressive in the first 2 rounds can end the game right there.
    I don't agree with that. Taking terts, especially early, in 12D is crucial, since you get extra deploy for each tert you own. I'd NEVER leave a stack of 4 sit.
    "And if you don't give up and don't give in, you may just be OK" ~ Mike and the Mechanics "The Living Years"

Level 6: Prominent Opinion clarkenfeld is on a distinguished road clarkenfeld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinalsrule View Post
    I don't agree with that. Taking terts, especially early, in 12D is crucial, since you get extra deploy for each tert you own. I'd NEVER leave a stack of 4 sit.
    I think it depends on a few factors:
    1. The drop
    2. If you're second, how hot has first player started
    3. How well your first 2 or 3 towers have fared

etc

Do you think 12D is different from other maps? I find you have to get a feel for how each game might go or is going, and I think I leave one of my towers as a 4 three quarters of the time in the first turn? Dunno. Might pay more careful attention.

But I do think you have to be really flexible in your approach.

For example, I noticed that once (come back once!), when he and I were playing regular duels, would frequently or even usually leave one tower open for a break out, but I concluded that it helped him less than half the time, whereas if those open towers had filled domains, his extra 2 or 3 per turn would have won him the game later. On the other hand, there are some occasions when leaving the tower open is THE factor that wins you the game. And it's really hard to articulate when to do one and when the other.

Level 7: Distinguished Contributor AuraCraft is on a distinguished road AuraCraft's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    Nukes, it is a blast. Just wish more people played it 1v1.
    wanna play?

Level 11: Commanding General of Everything. Don't ask, just listen. I'm at 11. Bluebonnet commands your respect Bluebonnet commands your respect Bluebonnet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AuraCraft View Post
    wanna play?
    sure, send me a invite