By clicking the button below you are agreeing to the terms of service.
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>.
<placeholder>
Hrvatski
Dansk
Nederlands
English
Eesti
Français
Deutsche
ελληνικά
Magyar
Italiano
Norsk
Português
Español
Svenska

+ Reply to Thread
    Level 8: Renowned Expert JCUK knows their way around JCUK's Avatar

Tournaments - What is going on?

Lot's of tournaments that where stuck look to have beeb have been fixed recently allowing them to continue. There are tournaments that were started 5 years ago and up to 50% of the players have left the site. I don't think it's fair on the players that are still on the site to be affected negatively by this, also there are a lot players taking advantage of this.

This is not right!

Level 9: Highly Acclaimed Authority on the Subject riskyone commands your respect riskyone commands your respect riskyone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JCUK View Post
    Lot's of tournaments that where stuck look to have beeb have been fixed recently allowing them to continue. There are tournaments that were started 5 years ago and up to 50% of the players have left the site. I don't think it's fair on the players that are still on the site to be affected negatively by this, also there are a lot players taking advantage of this.

This is not right!
    Some of the tournaments were stuck and just waiting on a final. So I don't know. I've been waiting on some for a while and it's a 50% chance it's in your favor. 50% chance not. I think the way the tournament was set up needs to be finished that way, unless stalemate-side game. JCUK, I'm not happy about it, but there are lots of things in the world i'm unhappy with. A lot more then I am happy with. I look at it as a drop. It probably would be difficult to weed out the players who aren't active, but it would change the next round. I'm ok with that also, but each game would have to be handled separate. Could cause arguments in what way to resolve each game.

Make My Day... NewSheriffInTown commands your respect NewSheriffInTown commands your respect NewSheriffInTown's Avatar
    When a tournament gets stuck, there are no winners, everyone is a loser.

When a tournament runs its course and finishes, then there is one winner, and everyone else is still a loser.

Unsticking tournaments completes what was started, and allows one person to become a winner. Sometimes you win, sometimes you don't. That's how tournaments work.

By fixing 32 tournaments, 32 players now have the chance of becoming new winners. Nothing has changed for anyone else.....

Except maybe the hope of being one of those 32 winning players has changed, but that's all....

Level 8: Renowned Expert micky has good things to say micky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NewSheriffInTown View Post

When a tournament runs its course and finishes, then there is one winner, and everyone else is still a loser.

Unsticking tournaments completes what was started, and allows one person to become a winner. Sometimes you win, sometimes you don't. That's how tournaments work.

By fixing 32 tournaments, 32 players now have the chance of becoming new winners. Nothing has changed for anyone else.....

Except maybe the hope of being one of those 32 winning players has changed, but that's all....
    Sheriff, that response was simply perfect!

Level 8: Renowned Expert JCUK knows their way around JCUK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NewSheriffInTown View Post

Got it, thanks for offering a different perspective. I agree with Micky, it makes sense

Forum Moderator and All Knowing God. brianstheman is on a distinguished road brianstheman's Avatar
    That is a few thousand points that were stuck in a black hole, and are now back out into the community.

A deserving reward for those that have persevered here at Major Command through the years!

(and since points are a zero sum game, if anyone manages to beat those tourney winners, their scores shall rise also!)

Level 3: Occasional Commentator d-flat is on a distinguished road d-flat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brianstheman View Post
    That is a few thousand points that were stuck in a black hole, and are now back out into the community.

A deserving reward for those that have persevered here at Major Command through the years!

(and since points are a zero sum game, if anyone manages to beat those tourney winners, their scores shall rise also!)
    Oh yes, it's like Quantative Easing; more points in the economy!