By clicking the button below you are agreeing to the terms of service.
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>.
<placeholder>
Hrvatski
Dansk
Nederlands
English
Eesti
Français
Deutsche
ελληνικά
Magyar
Italiano
Norsk
Português
Español
Svenska

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
    Level 5: Notable Commentator Virtuoso is on a distinguished road Virtuoso's Avatar

Is being married and playing MC incompatible for you too?

Hi folks

So despite reducing my activity here to almost nothing, it's still too much for the spouse. I'd venture to guess me playing MC is the biggest peeve she has about me. I promised her at our last confrontation, that I would stop, meaning I would not start any more games, and I would only finish the ones that are currently in progress. "Why do you even have to do that? Why can't you just stop?", of course was the reply. I guess only we would know the answer to that. You... just... can't.

It's hard for me to imagine myself COMPLETELY stopping ALL MC in entirety. But I believe I have to come pretty close to that. A promise is a promise, and I understand why she's angry.

Anyways - I'm going to speculate that although many here play in unlimited bliss, there must be a few members here who have the same participation challenges that I face. Just letting you know, you aren't alone.

As my parting gift, in addition to introducing a few players to the site, I have rated every one of my opponents in all my games with positive honor. I'd never be one to have a good honor score (I speak my mind too much) but if this is the end, it was a pleasure to be here.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Virtuoso; 11-21-2019 at 12:08 PM.

Level 7: Distinguished Contributor periwinkle is on a distinguished road periwinkle's Avatar
    I completely understand, sympathize and I'm in the same boat as you. My hubby is not to crazy about me playing MC...so I try to limit my games to 10 (not including 24 player games) . To ensure my playtime....I just dont play in front of him. I play 90% off my phone so when I'm waiting around for my kids' activities to finish up I play while I wait. Luckily I work part time so I play mostly during the day....call me a closet addict

Weekends can be challenging....I noticed reception isn't good at the local pool during my kids swimming lessons! LOL!

Level 6: Prominent Opinion clarkenfeld is on a distinguished road clarkenfeld's Avatar
    I play when waiting for the kettle to boil, while on the bus, during lunch breaks, if I get up before the family, that kind of thing.

Level 11: Commanding General of Everything. Don't ask, just listen. I'm at 11. Sebrim commands your respect Sebrim commands your respect Sebrim's Avatar
    yes, yes - it is - but I play anyhow - can't seem to control it :-)

I also agree with clarkenfeld. The only problem is that therte are some turns I would rather play on my computer than fiddling about in the smartphone, especially large team games. Typing in the chater is so tedious on the phone, as is changing colours.... And I spend far too much time on MajCom anyway :-)

Level 7: Distinguished Contributor periwinkle is on a distinguished road periwinkle's Avatar
    I totally agree! sometimes I don't have a choice but to play off my phone...I got used to it....

Level 2: Familiar Sound IAmNo1One1 is on a distinguished road IAmNo1One1's Avatar
    The answer is obvious. Get unmarried, and play Major Command full-time!

Quote Originally Posted by IAmNo1One1 View Post
    The answer is obvious. Get unmarried, and play Major Command full-time!

Hahaha...even if I get unmarried ...I've got these things called kids to take card of.....lol

Besides ..I love my hubby..he's the best...most of the time !

8. 12-16-2019 07:29 PM

Level 8: Renowned Expert

Level 6: Prominent Opinion clarkenfeld is on a distinguished road clarkenfeld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtuoso View Post
    Hi folks

So despite reducing my activity here to almost nothing, it's still too much for the spouse. I'd venture to guess me playing MC is the biggest peeve she has about me. I promised her at our last confrontation, that I would stop, meaning I would not start any more games, and I would only finish the ones that are currently in progress. "Why do you even have to do that? Why can't you just stop?", of course was the reply. I guess only we would know the answer to that. You... just... can't.

It's hard for me to imagine myself COMPLETELY stopping ALL MC in entirety. But I believe I have to come pretty close to that. A promise is a promise, and I understand why she's angry.

Anyways - I'm going to speculate that although many here play in unlimited bliss, there must be a few members here who have the same participation challenges that I face. Just letting you know, you aren't alone.

As my parting gift, in addition to introducing a few players to the site, I have rated every one of my opponents in all my games with positive honor. I'd never be one to have a good honor score (I speak my mind too much) but if this is the end, it was a pleasure to be here.

Cheers.
    I suppose we're also saying...don't go!

Quote Originally Posted by Sebrim View Post
    yes, yes - it is - but I play anyhow - can't seem to control it :-)

I also agree with clarkenfeld. The only problem is that therte are some turns I would rather play on my computer than fiddling about in the smartphone, especially large team games. Typing in the chater is so tedious on the phone, as is changing colours.... And I spend far too much time on MajCom anyway :-)
    Agree Sebrim, there are some turns I will only play on my computer. Especially early on in a game and at the kill.

Level 8: Renowned Expert F15FreeEagle has good things to say F15FreeEagle's Avatar
    I personally would never be involved with someone who thought they could tell me what I could do or not do. I mean you do have to consider your spouse's feelings of course, but a spouse should understand that "hey you know what? Sometimes they do their own thing for fun, sometimes I do mine." You don't want to spend ALL of your free time on Maj Com of course (at least most of us don't) but there is absolutely nothing wrong with having a few games going. I usually never have more than 5 or 6 going now (I used to have over 50 at one point! That was WAAYYYYYY too many!) and a lot of times I keep it around 2 or 3. But yeah, anyway, I could never be with someone who told me I couldn't play a game. That's just ridiculous and controlling.