By clicking the button below you are agreeing to the terms of service.
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>.
<placeholder>
Hrvatski
Dansk
Nederlands
English
Eesti
Français
Deutsche
ελληνικά
Magyar
Italiano
Norsk
Português
Español
Svenska

Threaded View

Level 5: Notable Commentator Virtuoso is on a distinguished road Virtuoso's Avatar

Is being married and playing MC incompatible for you too?

Hi folks

So despite reducing my activity here to almost nothing, it's still too much for the spouse. I'd venture to guess me playing MC is the biggest peeve she has about me. I promised her at our last confrontation, that I would stop, meaning I would not start any more games, and I would only finish the ones that are currently in progress. "Why do you even have to do that? Why can't you just stop?", of course was the reply. I guess only we would know the answer to that. You... just... can't.

It's hard for me to imagine myself COMPLETELY stopping ALL MC in entirety. But I believe I have to come pretty close to that. A promise is a promise, and I understand why she's angry.

Anyways - I'm going to speculate that although many here play in unlimited bliss, there must be a few members here who have the same participation challenges that I face. Just letting you know, you aren't alone.

As my parting gift, in addition to introducing a few players to the site, I have rated every one of my opponents in all my games with positive honor. I'd never be one to have a good honor score (I speak my mind too much) but if this is the end, it was a pleasure to be here.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Virtuoso; 11-21-2019 at 12:08 PM.