By clicking the button below you are agreeing to the terms of service.
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>.
<placeholder>
Hrvatski
Dansk
Nederlands
English
Eesti
Français
Deutsche
ελληνικά
Magyar
Italiano
Norsk
Português
Español
Svenska
 
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Threaded View

  1. #1
    Level 5: Notable Commentator Virtuoso is on a distinguished road Virtuoso's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    98

    Is being married and playing MC incompatible for you too?

    Hi folks

    So despite reducing my activity here to almost nothing, it's still too much for the spouse. I'd venture to guess me playing MC is the biggest peeve she has about me. I promised her at our last confrontation, that I would stop, meaning I would not start any more games, and I would only finish the ones that are currently in progress. "Why do you even have to do that? Why can't you just stop?", of course was the reply. I guess only we would know the answer to that. You... just... can't.

    It's hard for me to imagine myself COMPLETELY stopping ALL MC in entirety. But I believe I have to come pretty close to that. A promise is a promise, and I understand why she's angry.

    Anyways - I'm going to speculate that although many here play in unlimited bliss, there must be a few members here who have the same participation challenges that I face. Just letting you know, you aren't alone.

    As my parting gift, in addition to introducing a few players to the site, I have rated every one of my opponents in all my games with positive honor. I'd never be one to have a good honor score (I speak my mind too much) but if this is the end, it was a pleasure to be here.

    Cheers.
    Last edited by Virtuoso; 11-21-2019 at 12:08 PM.

  2. #2
    Level 7: Distinguished Contributor periwinkle is on a distinguished road periwinkle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    272
    I completely understand, sympathize and I'm in the same boat as you. My hubby is not to crazy about me playing MC...so I try to limit my games to 10 (not including 24 player games) . To ensure my playtime....I just dont play in front of him. I play 90% off my phone so when I'm waiting around for my kids' activities to finish up I play while I wait. Luckily I work part time so I play mostly during the day....call me a closet addict

    Weekends can be challenging....I noticed reception isn't good at the local pool during my kids swimming lessons! LOL!

  3. #3
    Level 7: Distinguished Contributor clarkenfeld is on a distinguished road clarkenfeld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    205
    I play when waiting for the kettle to boil, while on the bus, during lunch breaks, if I get up before the family, that kind of thing.

  4. #4
    Level 11: Commanding General of Everything. Don't ask, just listen. I'm at 11. Sebrim commands your respect Sebrim commands your respect Sebrim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,481
    yes, yes - it is - but I play anyhow - can't seem to control it :-)

    I also agree with clarkenfeld. The only problem is that therte are some turns I would rather play on my computer than fiddling about in the smartphone, especially large team games. Typing in the chater is so tedious on the phone, as is changing colours.... And I spend far too much time on MajCom anyway :-)

  5. #5
    Level 7: Distinguished Contributor clarkenfeld is on a distinguished road clarkenfeld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    205
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebrim View Post
    yes, yes - it is - but I play anyhow - can't seem to control it :-)

    I also agree with clarkenfeld. The only problem is that therte are some turns I would rather play on my computer than fiddling about in the smartphone, especially large team games. Typing in the chater is so tedious on the phone, as is changing colours.... And I spend far too much time on MajCom anyway :-)
    Agree Sebrim, there are some turns I will only play on my computer. Especially early on in a game and at the kill.

  6. #6
    Level 7: Distinguished Contributor periwinkle is on a distinguished road periwinkle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    272
    I totally agree! sometimes I don't have a choice but to play off my phone...I got used to it....

  7. #7
    Level 2: Familiar Sound IAmNo1One1 is on a distinguished road IAmNo1One1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    11
    The answer is obvious. Get unmarried, and play Major Command full-time!

  8. #8
    Level 7: Distinguished Contributor periwinkle is on a distinguished road periwinkle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    272
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmNo1One1 View Post
    The answer is obvious. Get unmarried, and play Major Command full-time!


    Hahaha...even if I get unmarried ...I've got these things called kids to take card of.....lol

    Besides ..I love my hubby..he's the best...most of the time !

  9. 12-16-2019 07:29 PM

    Level 8: Renowned Expert


  10. #10
    Level 7: Distinguished Contributor clarkenfeld is on a distinguished road clarkenfeld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    205
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtuoso View Post
    Hi folks

    So despite reducing my activity here to almost nothing, it's still too much for the spouse. I'd venture to guess me playing MC is the biggest peeve she has about me. I promised her at our last confrontation, that I would stop, meaning I would not start any more games, and I would only finish the ones that are currently in progress. "Why do you even have to do that? Why can't you just stop?", of course was the reply. I guess only we would know the answer to that. You... just... can't.

    It's hard for me to imagine myself COMPLETELY stopping ALL MC in entirety. But I believe I have to come pretty close to that. A promise is a promise, and I understand why she's angry.

    Anyways - I'm going to speculate that although many here play in unlimited bliss, there must be a few members here who have the same participation challenges that I face. Just letting you know, you aren't alone.

    As my parting gift, in addition to introducing a few players to the site, I have rated every one of my opponents in all my games with positive honor. I'd never be one to have a good honor score (I speak my mind too much) but if this is the end, it was a pleasure to be here.

    Cheers.
    I suppose we're also saying...don't go!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Are you searching for a place to play RISK online? Try a Risk-Like game here at Major Command. We offer a unique global conquest game that will satisfy your RISK online cravings. RISK is a trademark of Hasbro. Major Command is not associated with Hasbro or thier RISK game in any way. | Privacy | Terms | Flash10+ required.
Major Command Game is always working on Upgrades and Improvements - Please suport us if you can. Thank You! :-)
Membership Options