By clicking the button below you are agreeing to the terms of service.
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>.
<placeholder>
Hrvatski
Dansk
Nederlands
English
Eesti
Français
Deutsche
ελληνικά
Magyar
Italiano
Norsk
Português
Español
Svenska

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Level 6: Prominent Opinion clarkenfeld is on a distinguished road clarkenfeld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebrim View Post
    I have to expand what I said earlier about nick1965 not being a good teammate:

a) he has never ever said anything in the chatter as far as I am aware
    b) he does not read the chatter either, at least he does his own thing regardless of what strategy we might be discussing
    c) he attacks his teammates, even killing them without any obvious reason

and finally: d) he kills other people's targets in assassin games

That is not somebody you want to be in a team with
    I think this is actually quite a significant and serious point. He is a total nightmare to have in your team. I echo Sebrim's comments - literally no communication whatsoever. Is there any way for someone to get through to him? He will end up being a serious blockage in loads of games, and I feel terribly sorry for Sebrim in at least one of the games where this happened. Killing Sebrim had literally no value. It's almost as if nick doesn't REALISE they're team games, let alone know how to play in them. And that ruins the enjoyment for everyone, unless you're in an assassin game and he gets your target for you! (But even then, not much satisfaction...)

Make My Day... NewSheriffInTown commands your respect NewSheriffInTown commands your respect NewSheriffInTown's Avatar
    There have a been a lot of suggestions in the past to introduce natural disasters and random events that would either shake up a game, or help bring an end to a stalemate after the game has gone on for too many round. Nick1965 is an autobot player that we created to add an element of randomness in to the game, like an earthquake or tornado. You never know what is going to happen, or where it will strike...

Hope you all enjoy and have fun!! :-))

Level 8: Renowned Expert Tapeworm deserves your respect Tapeworm's Avatar
    NO WAY. He did exactly what I wanted (and suggested in chat after I set him up to finish) in a 12 player triples Mars game that was VERY competitive. If you aren't bullshitting us Sheriff, it's probably time to shut it down as obviously folks don't like this.

But you're obviously joking.

Right?

https://www.majorcommand.com/games/487416/

Make My Day... NewSheriffInTown commands your respect NewSheriffInTown commands your respect NewSheriffInTown's Avatar
    Yes. Obviously joking. But seriously. What can one do that doesn't lead to Admin overstepping the way players play. I mean, where would the control start and where would it stop. It's always been 'buyer beware' in team games. Like paying for something off of craigslist.

Level 8: Renowned Expert Tapeworm deserves your respect Tapeworm's Avatar
    Well for what it's worth, I've proven that anybody can win with nick, even half assed idiots like me!

Level 3: Occasional Commentator chacha75 is on a distinguished road chacha75's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NewSheriffInTown View Post
    Yes. Obviously joking. But seriously. What can one do that doesn't lead to Admin overstepping the way players play. I mean, where would the control start and where would it stop. It's always been 'buyer beware' in team games. Like paying for something off of craigslist.
    I have been in the same game as Sebrim, and looking at the big picture, even though we can say it has always been a buyer beware, maybe we should add a team game scoring system then, for which only team members can contribute. Dcore should then be based on communication, strategy, etc.

Level 6: Prominent Opinion clarkenfeld is on a distinguished road clarkenfeld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapeworm View Post
    NO WAY. He did exactly what I wanted (and suggested in chat after I set him up to finish) in a 12 player triples Mars game that was VERY competitive. If you aren't bullshitting us Sheriff, it's probably time to shut it down as obviously folks don't like this.

But you're obviously joking.

Right?

https://www.majorcommand.com/games/487416/

Hey Tapeworm this is really interesting. I was in that game and it was a super win for you guys - you're saying there WAS communication that worked? Any tips on how you got that to happen? I just get zero response.

As for Admin - I totally agree that you shouldn't be doing anything fascist or censorious, guess I'm just wondering if it's possible to make a direct plea for him to respond to or acknowledge communication otherwise all team and assassin games are going to deeply unattractive to join.

Winners of the eligible games are in these games:

Contest closed!

36 days will be added shortly!

Level 7: Distinguished Contributor Hortik deserves your respect Hortik's Avatar
    Yeaaah :d

Quote Originally Posted by NewSheriffInTown View Post
    Winners of the eligible games are in these games:

Contest closed!

36 days will be added shortly!
    Bullseye in 6 of them! Nice idea, thanks for the boost to the active games.