By clicking the button below you are agreeing to the terms of service.
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>.
<placeholder>
Hrvatski
Dansk
Nederlands
English
Eesti
Français
Deutsche
ελληνικά
Magyar
Italiano
Norsk
Português
Español
Svenska

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
    Level 7: Distinguished Contributor AuraCraft is on a distinguished road AuraCraft's Avatar

Fixed Force: do I win if I attack with 1 unit vs 1 defending unit?

https://www.majorcommand.com/wiki/Game_Options#Force

So I wanna attack with a territory that has 2 units on it.
    (after having started attacking when my territory had over 3 to begin with)
    That means I can roll with 1 die.
    Defending territory has 1 unit on it.
    Do I win?
    The wiki isn't clear about it
    with chance setting, I would more likely lose so Im assuming I would lose but I think Ive actually won this in fixed before so Im not sure

Level 7: Distinguished Contributor AuraCraft is on a distinguished road AuraCraft's Avatar
    I find it quite confusing that even in a fixed game you see dice rolling when attacking

I suggest the image be replaced by an explanatory text. I think ppl often forget settings of a 24h game and arent aware a game is set as FF

Make My Day... NewSheriffInTown commands your respect NewSheriffInTown commands your respect NewSheriffInTown's Avatar
    Post Rating
    Yes, In the current engine you can not attack if you have 2 troops. You need to have 3 or more troops to attack your opponent.

If you start with +1 more troops, then you can only get your opponent down to 1 troop, and you can not win.

So to win any Fixed Force battle, you need to start the attack with +2 more troops than your opponent.

Here are some examples:

You vs Opponent Starting with +2 (or more troops)

8 vs 6
    7 vs 5
    6 vs 4
    5 vs 3
    4 vs 2
    3 vs 1
    2 vs 0 (You win)

You vs Opponent Starting with +1 troops

7 vs 6
    6 vs 5
    5 vs 4
    4 vs 3
    3 vs 2
    2 vs 1
    End of attack. You can not attack anymore.

Hope that helps.

ok so you cannot roll with 1 die, ty

Make My Day... NewSheriffInTown commands your respect NewSheriffInTown commands your respect NewSheriffInTown's Avatar
    Post Rating
    Quote Originally Posted by AuraCraft View Post
    ok so you cannot roll with 1 die, ty
    Correct.

However, currently in the Beta game, in Fixed Force. You can attack 2v1 resulting in a win, and moving 1 troop in to each territory. However, that is only in the Beta games, and it may not be a permanent feature.

Level 11: Commanding General of Everything. Don't ask, just listen. I'm at 11. ndrm31 commands your respect ndrm31 commands your respect ndrm31's Avatar
    Yep, I jus was about to ask about that, will it be permanent ?
    NAMASTE

Not sure. I thought it was a good idea at first, but I think it really changes the gameplay a lot.

Level 7: Distinguished Contributor periwinkle is on a distinguished road periwinkle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NewSheriffInTown View Post
    Not sure. I thought it was a good idea at first, but I think it really changes the gameplay a lot.
    I agree....I think there is more thought involved when you need at least 3 troops to attack . FF is not as popular, so to change it...I guess we can retrain our brains ..some can do that easier than others ...lol.

Personally I like attacking with 3 troops...but I'm old and retraining my brain is gonna take effort! :P

Level 8: Renowned Expert micky has good things to say micky's Avatar
    It would be a shame to change the rules of FF. Being able to attack with 2 would make it too much like the standard games. The charm of FF is that you also have to keep this little detail in mind, ...

Forum Moderator and All Knowing God. th-child commands your respect th-child commands your respect th-child's Avatar
    Agreed. Fixed force is perfect as it is.