By clicking the button below you are agreeing to the terms of service.
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>.
<placeholder>
Hrvatski
Dansk
Nederlands
English
Eesti
Français
Deutsche
ελληνικά
Magyar
Italiano
Norsk
Português
Español
Svenska

+ Reply to Thread
    Level 2: Familiar Sound MrTotoro1 is on a distinguished road MrTotoro1's Avatar

New type of reinforcement

Hi all, while playing a Europe massive 1 border flat game I was thinking about a more realistic type of reinforcement:

Currently, 1 border reinf. is probably the most realistic out of all the reinf. options. 3 border might be a tad more unrealistic in that you can choose to go 3 consecutive borders, so way too fast irl. But 1 border is strange irl because why would only one troop unit be allowed to move since they are all independent, right?
    So I was thinking, a nice realistic option would be 1 border per stack. By that I mean, you can only move the amount a region has at the beginning of the reinforcement phase, so you can't cheat and move 10 troops from a region to a region with 15 and then move 25 to the next region and so on which would be basically unlimited border reinf.

Just thought I'd throw this idea out there Credit to Athelstan for making me post this.

Cheers, Totoro

Level 8: Renowned Expert riskyone commands your respect riskyone commands your respect riskyone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTotoro1 View Post
    Hi all, while playing a Europe massive 1 border flat game I was thinking about a more realistic type of reinforcement:

Currently, 1 border reinf. is probably the most realistic out of all the reinf. options. 3 border might be a tad more unrealistic in that you can choose to go 3 consecutive borders, so way too fast irl. But 1 border is strange irl because why would only one troop unit be allowed to move since they are all independent, right?
    So I was thinking, a nice realistic option would be 1 border per stack. By that I mean, you can only move the amount a region has at the beginning of the reinforcement phase, so you can't cheat and move 10 troops from a region to a region with 15 and then move 25 to the next region and so on which would be basically unlimited border reinf.

Just thought I'd throw this idea out there Credit to Athelstan for making me post this.

Cheers, Totoro
    Hi friend, One Border reinforcement means that you can only move one spot adjacent, but you can move all. One troop has to stay behind to explain what happened for the history records. Hope I understood the question proberly and if you have only been moving 1 troop and you play well. We are all in for more attacking from you with those extra troops. If I didn't follow the question properly, sorry.

Level 2: Familiar Sound MrTotoro1 is on a distinguished road MrTotoro1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by riskyone View Post
    Hi friend, One Border reinforcement means that you can only move one spot adjacent, but you can move all. One troop has to stay behind to explain what happened for the history records. Hope I understood the question proberly and if you have only been moving 1 troop and you play well. We are all in for more attacking from you with those extra troops. If I didn't follow the question properly, sorry.
    Hi Risky, sorry that's not what I meant but my bad for explaning it badly! I meant it would be nice to have a reinforcement option "between" 1 border and 3 border. With 1 border you can move troops from 1 region to 1 adjacent region. My proposal is 1 border but for all regions you're occupying. Let's take the map world massive as an example: I have 5 troops in Germany, 5 in France and 5 in Britain. With 1 border I can of course only choose 1 region from where to move troops to an adjacent regions. My idea was a reinf. option where I can do that, but for multiple regions (but not 3 border and not unlimited border reinf.). So I could choose to move up to 4 troops from Germany to France (making it 9), now I can move troops from France to an adjacent region, but not 8, only from the amount of troops that was there at the start of reinforcement. So I can move again up to 4 troops from France to an adjacent region. And so on.

The idea is to have a reinf. option close to real life troop movement. Let's say IRL troops have a certain amount of time to move somewhere (the reinforcement phase), but why should only troops from Germany be allowed to move to France (as in 1 border reinf.), the troops in Britain are not glued to there, they have legs as well, so they can also move where ever they want to move. But the troops from Britain cannot magically enhance the troops in Germany to allow them to move 3 times as far as a normal human can (like 3 border reinf., which is also unrealistic because if you have more than 3 regions the remaining region's troops are not allowed to move if you used up all 3 reinforcements, which is totally unrealistic.

God I hope I'm explaining this half decently... The point is: the challenge of 1 border reinf. is fun a bit too restricting and unrealistic. So I was thinking, how could we make this more realistic and less restricting.
    Last edited by MrTotoro1; 08-11-2019 at 03:16 AM.

Level 8: Renowned Expert riskyone commands your respect riskyone commands your respect riskyone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTotoro1 View Post
    Hi Risky, sorry that's not what I meant but my bad for explaning it badly! I meant it would be nice to have a reinforcement option "between" 1 border and 3 border. With 1 border you can move troops from 1 region to 1 adjacent region. My proposal is 1 border but for all regions you're occupying. Let's take the map world massive as an example: I have 5 troops in Germany, 5 in France and 5 in Britain. With 1 border I can of course only choose 1 region from where to move troops to an adjacent regions. My idea was a reinf. option where I can do that, but for multiple regions (but not 3 border and not unlimited border reinf.). So I could choose to move up to 4 troops from Germany to France (making it 9), now I can move troops from France to an adjacent region, but not 8, only from the amount of troops that was there at the start of reinforcement. So I can move again up to 4 troops from France to an adjacent region. And so on.

The idea is to have a reinf. option close to real life troop movement. Let's say IRL troops have a certain amount of time to move somewhere (the reinforcement phase), but why should only troops from Germany be allowed to move to France (as in 1 border reinf.), the troops in Britain are not glued to there, they have legs as well, so they can also move where ever they want to move. But the troops from Britain cannot magically enhance the troops in Germany to allow them to move 3 times as far as a normal human can (like 3 border reinf., which is also unrealistic because if you have more than 3 regions the remaining region's troops are not allowed to move if you used up all 3 reinforcements, which is totally unrealistic.

God I hope I'm explaining this half decently... The point is: the challenge of 1 border reinf. is fun a bit too restricting and unrealistic. So I was thinking, how could we make this more realistic and less restricting.
    Now I understand why you said they are all independant. I don't have to think long on this. Genius, very realistic. If it later becomes an option Athlelstan should get a plaque on his page. Great idea. MrTotoro you can also have a plaque, but not as shiney