By clicking the button below you are agreeing to the terms of service.
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>.
<placeholder>
Hrvatski
Dansk
Nederlands
English
Eesti
Français
Deutsche
ελληνικά
Magyar
Italiano
Norsk
Português
Español
Svenska

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast
    Level 5: Notable Commentator Virtuoso is on a distinguished road Virtuoso's Avatar

Before I join my first assassin game...

OK - so just trying to get my head around the purpose/goal of the game. Let me know if the following are true:

-The game is WON and the game ENDS, when a target is defeated.
    -Every player in the game is a target. Thus, if anyone dies, the game is over and has been won by someone.
    -Therefore, the "usual" strategy of eliminating non-target players in order to get their cards doesn't apply in assassin because by eliminating another player, you're actually eliminating someone's target and therefore winning the game for that someone.

Yes?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Virtuoso; 06-26-2019 at 06:25 AM.

Forum Moderator and All Knowing God. Cardinalsrule is a glorious beacon of light Cardinalsrule is a glorious beacon of light Cardinalsrule is a glorious beacon of light Cardinalsrule's Avatar
    Yes, that is all correct.
    "And if you don't give up and don't give in, you may just be OK" ~ Mike and the Mechanics "The Living Years"

Level 5: Notable Commentator Virtuoso is on a distinguished road Virtuoso's Avatar
    Same thing if someone goes AWOL? So if an AWOL target is eliminated, the player who had the AWOL as their target, wins?

Can an AWOL player win if the person who was their target gets eliminated?

Forum Moderator and All Knowing God. th-child commands your respect th-child commands your respect th-child's Avatar
    Uh-oh, I have a feeling Sebrim can't wait to answer this question.

Forum Moderator and All Knowing God. Cardinalsrule is a glorious beacon of light Cardinalsrule is a glorious beacon of light Cardinalsrule is a glorious beacon of light Cardinalsrule's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by th-child View Post
    Uh-oh, I have a feeling Sebrim can't wait to answer this question.
    I will find you, and I will kill you. Goes for Seb, too.
    "And if you don't give up and don't give in, you may just be OK" ~ Mike and the Mechanics "The Living Years"

Level 8: Renowned Expert F15FreeEagle has good things to say F15FreeEagle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinalsrule View Post
    I will find you, and I will kill you. Goes for Seb, too.

Virtuoso has no idea what he just walked into...

It must've happened before "my time" here, but I did come across it on the forum sometime back. And I did get a good chuckle out of it.

But yes, Virtuoso, assassin games require a whole different strategy than "standard" games. They're both entertaining and a pain in the butt (if you get involved in a good one, anyway.)

OK... so given how the gameplay works, is there ever any case in which a 3rd party would kill-off someone who wasn't their target? (and if so, why?) Or do games always end in the proper manner, with someone killing off THEIR target, and not someone else's?
    Last edited by Virtuoso; 06-26-2019 at 12:39 PM.

Level 8: Renowned Expert F15FreeEagle has good things to say F15FreeEagle's Avatar
    Post Rating
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtuoso View Post
    OK... so given how the gameplay works, is there ever any case in which a 3rd party would kill-off someone who wasn't their target? (and if so, why?) Or do games always end in the proper manner, with someone killing off THEIR target, and not someone else's?
    Ideally, someone kills their own target to win. But there have been a few assassin games here and there where that didn't happen. The reasons for this vary case by case, but mostly it was done out of spite. Not cool at all.

9. 06-26-2019 06:33 PM

Level 6: Prominent Opinion luiscasanova is on a distinguished road luiscasanova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtuoso View Post
    Same thing if someone goes AWOL? So if an AWOL target is eliminated, the player who had the AWOL as their target, wins?

Can an AWOL player win if the person who was their target gets eliminated?
    Yes. If somebody kills your target, you win. I have never seen it, but it's possible. You will see sometimes people protecting other players in order to block the assassin and have a chance to win themselves. It's a little like detective work. You must know who wants to kill who, and be lucky enough to have a chance to kill your target before anybody figures out who your target is.
    LC

Level 7: Distinguished Contributor Roscokov is on a distinguished road Roscokov's Avatar
    I have won a few games where people have killed my target.

Sometimes they just get their colours wrong...sometimes they don't understand the concept. I have not really seen it done out of spite...but then I don't often check my lost games so who knows

More often what happens though is that during the game somebody is not concentrating and to tries kill the wrong person and then realises just in time/after wasting half their troops.

On the whole though - whilst it seems a lot harder there are actually far fewer bad moves and mistakes than in normal games I would reckon.