By clicking the button below you are agreeing to the terms of service.
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>.
<placeholder>
Hrvatski
Dansk
Nederlands
English
Eesti
Français
Deutsche
ελληνικά
Magyar
Italiano
Norsk
Português
Español
Svenska

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Level 6: Prominent Opinion Rimbaud is on a distinguished road Rimbaud's Avatar
    Try four or five players assassin with flat rate on a big map, it is one of the most interesting setting I have played, also, try to play it with experienced and active players.

hf

Level 5: Notable Commentator Virtuoso is on a distinguished road Virtuoso's Avatar

Level 5: Notable Commentator Virtuoso is on a distinguished road Virtuoso's Avatar
    Still unconvinced at the merits of assassin. This game was the silliest thing I've been a part of here: https://www.majorcommand.com/games/440051/

Really? Someone was done in 5 rounds? Even if no one played any of their turns, it would've probably taken me about 20 rounds to eliminate my target (riskyone, who was nowhere near me and in multiple places). My game was D.O.A.

Assassins are blah! My $0.02! >>Upset-sumo-guy-emoji<<

Level 0: Shadowy Lurker molikotigoBANNED is on a distinguished road molikotigoBANNED's Avatar
    the game is over and has been won by someone.
    -Therefore, the "usual" strategy of eliminating non-target players in order to get their cards doesn't apply in assassin because by eliminating another player, you're actually eliminating someone's target and therefore winning the game for that someone.

Q. In a 4p assassin, is it possible for players A and B to have each other as targets, while C and D have each other as targets?

Level 8: Renowned Expert micky has good things to say micky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtuoso View Post
    Q. In a 4p assassin, is it possible for players A and B to have each other as targets, while C and D have each other as targets?
    Yes

So there is no restrictions on how the targets are assigned at all, correct? In an 8p, 6 of the players can have a target "circle", while the remaining 2 players can have each other, correct?

Forum Moderator and All Knowing God. brianstheman is on a distinguished road brianstheman's Avatar
    Also correct. The only time a guaranteed target circle is 3p assassin.

And 2p assassin.

OK I figured it out. Assassin can be fun.

It has to be a "low player" game. I had previously joined two 24ps and a 10p game, and those were the most unenjoyable games I'd ever been involved in. The winners seemed completely random.

But I'm in a 4p tiebreaker and there is definitely "strategy" required. "Order of attack" is critical, and there is no fear of "failure to fully eliminate an opponent on a given turn", unlike in standard where you'd leave remains/cards for someone else to conquer. So that really unpleasant uncertainty that is present when you're unsure if you'll successfully conquer someone, at risk of giving the game away to the player after you, doesn't exist in assassin. Which is nice. I utterly hate that feeling.