By clicking the button below you are agreeing to the terms of service.
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>.
<placeholder>
Hrvatski
Dansk
Nederlands
English
Eesti
Français
Deutsche
ελληνικά
Magyar
Italiano
Norsk
Português
Español
Svenska

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Level 11: Commanding General of Everything. Don't ask, just listen. I'm at 11. Sebrim commands your respect Sebrim commands your respect Sebrim's Avatar
    I have been challenged to reply to this thread, so I'll do it, even if it would mean experiencing Cardinalsrule's wrath

Virtuoso: please look at this record, to have a chuckle :-)

Level 5: Notable Commentator Virtuoso is on a distinguished road Virtuoso's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Roscokov View Post
    On the whole though - whilst it seems a lot harder there are actually far fewer bad moves and mistakes than in normal games I would reckon.
    OK - that sounds promising. So you're saying in assassin you're less likely to be hawgwilded or pac10donned than in standard??? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Sebrim View Post
    I have been challenged to reply to this thread, so I'll do it, even if it would mean experiencing Cardinalsrule's wrath :tongue
    So... I'm guessing Cardinals knew what he was doing when he did that? The question is, whether he did it out of spite? (and according to F15FreeEagle, "Not cool at all.") :P

OK - one last thing. These two quotes are a great segue into my last question. The answer may require input from the really top players here:

Quote Originally Posted by luiscasanova View Post
    It's a little like detective work. You must know who wants to kill who
    Quote Originally Posted by F15FreeEagle View Post
    But yes, Virtuoso, assassin games require a whole different strategy than "standard" games.
    What, in your experience, is the best way to not-reveal one's target in a 2-player assassin game?

Level 11: Commanding General of Everything. Don't ask, just listen. I'm at 11. Sebrim commands your respect Sebrim commands your respect Sebrim's Avatar
    Oh no, Cards would neer do something like that if he was fully awake. He just feels bad that I keep reminding him about that one horrible mistake every time the topic comes up. So much so that even the mention of 'Sebrim might have something to say' reminds him of it.
    You will hardly find anybody as competent as Cards on this site - which makes this one-time blunder all the more bitter for him :-)

Level 8: Renowned Expert F15FreeEagle has good things to say F15FreeEagle's Avatar
    Oh no, Cards would neer do something like that if he was fully awake. He just feels bad that I keep reminding him about that one horrible mistake every time the topic comes up. So much so that even the mention of 'Sebrim might have something to say' reminds him of it.
    You will hardly find anybody as competent as Cards on this site - which makes this one-time blunder all the more bitter for him :-)
    Absolutely. Cards would never do anything "out of spite" unless the "victim" truly deserves it. And even then it doesn't carry on to other games. And he is not alone in this. I have "suicided" against "well-deserving" players before. Twice that I can remember for certain anyway.

And just what do you mean by "2 player assassin games?" In a 3 player assassin game, everybody knows who is who's target right away, because 2 players cannot be targeting each other it a 3 player game (it would leave the 3rd player without a target and assassin.)

Level 5: Notable Commentator Virtuoso is on a distinguished road Virtuoso's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by F15FreeEagle View Post
    And just what do you mean by "2 player assassin games?"
    It was meant as a joke. Some things don't communicate well online.

One more Q. I'm assuming the assignment of targets is random. Is it possible for one's target to also be one's assassin?

Forum Moderator and All Knowing God. Cardinalsrule is a glorious beacon of light Cardinalsrule is a glorious beacon of light Cardinalsrule is a glorious beacon of light Cardinalsrule's Avatar
    I have been challenged to reply to this thread, so I'll do it, even if it would mean experiencing Cardinalsrule's wrath

Virtuoso: please look at this record, to have a chuckle :-)
    I will find you, and I will kill you.
    "And if you don't give up and don't give in, you may just be OK" ~ Mike and the Mechanics "The Living Years"

Forum Moderator and All Knowing God. Cardinalsrule is a glorious beacon of light Cardinalsrule is a glorious beacon of light Cardinalsrule is a glorious beacon of light Cardinalsrule's Avatar
    No, that was a stupid mistake on my part. I was going through to get to my target and wasn't paying attention, didn't notice that the tert that I was just trying to get through was the player's last. The really sad part was, if I hadn't done that, I had a large enough stack to easily win the game before I lost it.
    "And if you don't give up and don't give in, you may just be OK" ~ Mike and the Mechanics "The Living Years"

Quote Originally Posted by Virtuoso View Post
    One more Q. I'm assuming the assignment of targets is random. Is it possible for one's target to also be one's assassin?
    Anyone? In multiplayer does the assignment of targets allow two players to be assigned to kill each other a la Mr. and Mrs. Smith?

Quote Originally Posted by Virtuoso View Post
    Anyone? In multiplayer does the assignment of targets allow two players to be assigned to kill each other a la Mr. and Mrs. Smith?
    Yes

Sooooo..... I'm finding assassin games to be the most luck-dependent of anything I've played so far. If you're on a big map, and your target is in multiple faraway positions, you're basically SOL, and there's not much you can do about it. I haven't found enjoyment in this game type yet...