By clicking the button below you are agreeing to the terms of service.
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>.
<placeholder>
Hrvatski
Dansk
Nederlands
English
Eesti
Français
Deutsche
ελληνικά
Magyar
Italiano
Norsk
Português
Español
Svenska

+ Reply to Thread
    Level 5: Notable Commentator periwinkle is on a distinguished road periwinkle's Avatar

newbies! wanna learn how to play team games?

Join us! Game 465601.....newbies get paired up with a veteran and learn how to play a quad game. This will be my first game too. It should be fun and a great learning experience! Hope to see you there!

Level 0: Shadowy Lurker Maniacal1 is on a distinguished road Maniacal1's Avatar
    465601 - Hi, is it possible to search for a specific game that is already being played even if I'm not playing in it. I'd like to watch a game and see how others play it. Thank you for any response.

Level 6: Prominent Opinion Pariah is on a distinguished road Pariah's Avatar
    Just add the game number to the end of https://www.majorcommand.com/###### if the game is still active it will come up. Otherwise you can find players from the forum,scoreboard and tournament section and go to their profile and see their active games listed on the left. I've never done this because i don't have time but if your going to follow some games you may as well follow some games that the top ranked players are playing to study their individual play as well as the overall game unless you want to follow a game with specific settings that they aren't in.

If you wanted to study a game type that has a lot of joinable games i have a lot of escalate 4+ player games up on my profile both joinable and playing. You can follow any one of those and there is also a post in another thread in this section detailing my escalate strategy (though i play for fun and often stray from it)

Level 11: Commanding General of Everything. Don't ask, just listen. I'm at 11. Sebrim commands your respect Sebrim commands your respect Sebrim's Avatar
    you can also use the 'find a game'-button on the start page. There, it lets you search for all various settings, including status (open, in progress, or archived). Moreover, it lets you search for specific players - if you enter more than one, use a comma to separate them, but no blank space!

I have seriously been living in a hole. The button is right there. In the middle of the screen that i visit every day.

Level 5: Notable Commentator periwinkle is on a distinguished road periwinkle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maniacal1 View Post
    465601 - Hi, is it possible to search for a specific game that is already being played even if I'm not playing in it. I'd like to watch a game and see how others play it. Thank you for any response.
    Here are some tips for team games that I have picked up over the last 5 months....

Taking your Turn
    Dont rush your turn. Always read the chatter tab. Allow plenty of time for your teammates to contribute/bounce off ideas with your turn. You should also check in when your teammate has their turn. Its better when it is a collective/informed decision. When you are the eliminated from the map, doesnt mean you are eliminated from the team, continue to check-in when your teammates are playing, your suggestions are always welcomed.

Attacking
    Try to attack the next enemy in the turn order. The goal is to reduce their deploy. If there is an enemy that is exposed to all your teammates, then you can all try to eliminate that enemy as quickly as possible (within 2 rounds)
    When your teammate is in trouble (weak or going to be eliminated soon), try to eliminate the enemy from the area first if you can. It is preferred than piling a stack of troops for defense (although that sometimes might be your only option).

Reinforcements
    Always try to get your troops to the front lines when they are buried behind your teammates (especially in border or path reinforcements). Always reinforce your teammates, priority to those teammates playing directly after you.

When you think you have no other options of reinforcements, think about turn order. You can reinforce all your troops from your tert if you are surrounded by enemies that will go after your partner/teammate. Your partner will reinforce you back on that tert before the enemy has a chance to attack you. Your troops are put into better use into attacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniacal1 View Post
    you are welcome to join any of my teams...I may have a couple of games that need another player to complete my team....Cheers!