By clicking the button below you are agreeing to the terms of service.
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>.
<placeholder>
Hrvatski
Dansk
Nederlands
English
Eesti
Français
Deutsche
ελληνικά
Magyar
Italiano
Norsk
Português
Español
Svenska

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Level 8: Renowned Expert riskyone commands your respect riskyone commands your respect riskyone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BearNecessities View Post
    I did study economics in college -- Reporting on math stuff excites me too! Let's see if we can make it interesting enough for the general public in podcast form!
    I recently got into puzzles. Check out you-tube There are number and puzzle pages. I love the Dove Tail puzzle. th-, I got a headache half way through, but I watched a video on the Josephus number puzzle from 67 AD Jewish soldier solves puzzle to avoid death-pact with his people as Roman soldiers closed in.

Level 6: Prominent Opinion BearNecessities is on a distinguished road BearNecessities's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by riskyone View Post

I recently got into puzzles. Check out you-tube There are number and puzzle pages. I love the Dove Tail puzzle. th-, I got a headache half way through, but I watched a video on the Josephus number puzzle from 67 AD Jewish soldier solves puzzle to avoid death-pact with his people as Roman soldiers closed in.
    Links plz! I love puzzles. Just finished "Obduction" a game by the creators of MYST. It's very similar to MYST, but with a new story line and now built in a FPS gaming engine (Unreal Engine). Fantastic stuff, super challenging.

Level 7: Distinguished Contributor once has good things to say once's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BearNecessities View Post
    Links plz! I love puzzles. Just finished "Obduction" a game by the creators of MYST. It's very similar to MYST, but with a new story line and now built in a FPS gaming engine (Unreal Engine). Fantastic stuff, super challenging.
    my computer is not nearly powerful enough to run obduction unfortunately - i did buy it b/c i adored the myst games. riven being my clear favourite. did anyone else play this? so elegant, so complex, so very hard.. but ages old now.

Level 6: Prominent Opinion BearNecessities is on a distinguished road BearNecessities's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by once View Post
    my computer is not nearly powerful enough to run obduction unfortunately - i did buy it b/c i adored the myst games. riven being my clear favourite. did anyone else play this? so elegant, so complex, so very hard.. but ages old now.
    I got stuck and never bothered to finish off Riven. Myst yes. I really enjoyed it.

Level 7: Distinguished Contributor Tapeworm has good things to say Tapeworm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by riskyone View Post
    I will look forward to kicking back in a recliner and spending an hour listen two some friends talking MC. The tournament was a great jumping off point for this. Lots of positive feedback is all the other players tell me. We all enjoy it.
    Thanks risky! I'm about to pore over the Mars and Middle East games of the tourney in anticipation of our next recording. Like Bear said, we'll talk about first turn advantage, doubles duel thoughts, the Mars and Middle East maps, and miscellaneous bullshit. I have a few other general thoughts to offer as well as our (hopefully usual) wide view Major Command flavor as well. I already scratched and scribbled notes on the tournament games (particularly how many rounds each game lasted) and I intend to elaborate and ramble without focus again. Thank goodness Bear can edit me into coherence!