By clicking the button below you are agreeing to the terms of service.
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>.
<placeholder>
Hrvatski
Dansk
Nederlands
English
Eesti
Français
Deutsche
ελληνικά
Magyar
Italiano
Norsk
Português
Español
Svenska

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 44
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Level 8: Renowned Expert F15FreeEagle has good things to say F15FreeEagle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BearNecessities View Post
    Current teams:
    1. Tapeworm + Bearnecessities
    2. Engel + Ndrm
    3. Riskyone + Roscokov
    4. Th-Child + dorcee
    5. Ironztiger + StJude
    6. Hortik + haWD
    7. Cardinalsrule + TheGeneral
    8. Linearcurve + TBD

With a partner declared on team 8 we will be ready to launch. I'll post updates here and direct message participants with links to their games.
    No F15 or Sannheten? Even though I declared my partner before Linearcurve posted? Or General, for that matter?

Level 6: Prominent Opinion BearNecessities knows their way around BearNecessities's Avatar
    Whoops! Oversight on my part! I'll fix that.

We filled our 8 team quota with interest left over. To make the format work, group stage needs 4 teams each and we need an even number of groups (8 or 16 teams total). Would anybody be opposed to expanding the tournament to 16 teams? Total duration should remain the same, as games take place in parallel. If we stick to 8 teams, we will launch today.

Alternatively we can expand to groups of five, but that will increase tournament duration by a few weeks, something I'd like to avoid.

Current teams:
    2. Engel + Ndrm
    3. Riskyone + Roscokov
    4. Th-Child + dorcee
    5. Ironztiger + StJude
    6. Hortik + haWD
    8. Sannheten + F15

Bonus teams:
    9. Linearcurve + Luiscasanova
    10. Engineerairborne + Norbs
    Last edited by BearNecessities; 11-04-2018 at 07:38 AM.

Level 1: Faint Background Noise linearcurve is on a distinguished road linearcurve's Avatar
    please send invite to luiscasanova. He is in as my partner. So we will be the least experienced team in this tournament.

Level 1: Faint Background Noise linearcurve is on a distinguished road linearcurve's Avatar
    Linearcurve with Luisasanova. We'll bring the wine to the party.

Forum Moderator and All Knowing God. Cardinalsrule is a glorious beacon of light Cardinalsrule is a glorious beacon of light Cardinalsrule is a glorious beacon of light Cardinalsrule's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BearNecessities View Post
    Whoops! Oversight on my part! I'll fix that.

We filled our 8 team quota with interest left over. To make the format work, group stage needs 4 teams each and we need an even number of groups (8 or 16 teams total). Would anybody be opposed to expanding the tournament to 16 teams? Total duration should remain the same, as games take place in parallel. If we stick to 8 teams, we will launch today.

Alternatively we can expand to groups of five, but that will increase tournament duration by a few weeks, something I'd like to avoid.

Current teams:
    2. Engel + Ndrm
    3. Riskyone + Roscokov
    4. Th-Child + dorcee
    5. Ironztiger + StJude
    6. Hortik + haWD
    8. Sannheten + F15

Bonus teams:
    9. Linearcurve + LC
    10. Engineerairborne + TBD
    I'm ok with expanding to 16, or leaving it at 10 teams. As long as everyone who wants to play gets to play.

Maybe give it a few more days and see if there are others, if not start it with 10, or 12, however many we have?
    "And if you don't give up and don't give in, you may just be OK" ~ Mike and the Mechanics "The Living Years"

Level 6: Prominent Opinion BearNecessities knows their way around BearNecessities's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinalsrule View Post
    I'm ok with expanding to 16, or leaving it at 10 teams. As long as everyone who wants to play gets to play.

Maybe give it a few more days and see if there are others, if not start it with 10, or 12, however many we have?
    Sounds good, Cardinal. Sign ups will officially close on Wednesday, 11/14/18 at 8 pm Eastern (-5 GMT) . I can make it work with 10, 12, 15 or 16 teams by using wild cards out of group stage. 11, 13, and14 teams will not work, so the last teams to apply will be excluded to make our target numbers.
    Last edited by BearNecessities; 11-08-2018 at 01:02 PM.

Level 1: Faint Background Noise norbs is on a distinguished road norbs's Avatar
    Can you please include engineerairborne and I

Quote Originally Posted by norbs View Post
    Can you please include engineerairborne and I
    Done!

Level 6: Prominent Opinion haWD96lz is on a distinguished road haWD96lz's Avatar
    I'm fine with expanding. I think any even number should work? For example with 10 teams we can just do top 2 out of each group. With 12 do top 3 with first place getting a bye in the elimination round?

Just some thoughts.

Level 8: Renowned Expert F15FreeEagle has good things to say F15FreeEagle's Avatar
    I am perfectly fine with expanding the amount of teams. The interest this has drawn in this relatively short of time is a very good thing.

Good work, Bear.