By clicking the button below you are agreeing to the terms of service.
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>.
<placeholder>
Hrvatski
Dansk
Nederlands
English
Eesti
Français
Deutsche
ελληνικα虂
Magyar
Italiano
Norsk
Português
Español
Svenska
 
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6
1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 57
  1. #1
    Level 6: Prominent Opinion TormentaBANNED is on a distinguished road TormentaBANNED's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    197

    LA CR萂E DE LA CR萂E (Monthly Top 10 Game)

    LA CR萂E DE LA CR萂E

    Monthly Top 10 Game

    Eduardoperezc Productions presents the new MC fashion: LA CR萂E DE LA CR萂E.

    What is LA CR萂E DE LA CR萂E?

    LA CR萂E DE LA CR萂E is a monthly 10-player game offered only to the Top 10 players of the scoreboard.

    Invitations will be sent on day 1 of every new month. If 48 hours later the game hasn't begun, invitations will be sent to the next 10 players, etc.

    The settings will be: Singles, Escalate, One, Path. The maps will be chosen in alphabetic order.

    The awards will be a lot of points, the right to participate in the next monthly game, and public recognition in this thread.

    If you can't play LA CR萂E DE LA CR萂E yet, try harder!

    Filthy players will be punished with one or more games without playing, according to the importance of their bad ettiquette in these or other MC games. Sanctions won't be communicated to avoid absurd arguments.

    What's considered to be filthy:

    -Breaking diplos and encouraging others to break diplos (without alibi).

    -Insulting (without alibi).

    -Suiciding or helping another player win (without alibi).

    "Alibi" means that the behaviour is in response to a previous aggression or involuntary: that is accepted.

    WINNER LIST

    APRIL 2017: NAMELOCHIL. Awarded 237 points

    MAY 2017: AHUNGRYDWARF. Awarded 304 points

    JUNE 2017: DAGNASTY2. Awarded 281 points

    JULY 2017: SWEETIE. Awarded 252 points

    AUGUST 2017: DAVEYGMK. Awarded 294 points

    SEPTEMBER 2017: SANNHETEN. Awarded 258 points

    OCTOBER 2017: XSB1977. Awarded 354 points

    NOVEMBER 2017: HUMMINGMAN. Awarded 302 points

    DECEMBER 2017: ERICJKLINE. Awarded 230 points

    JANUARY 2018: ERICJKLINE. Awarded 209 points

    FEBRUARY 2018: ERICJKLINE. Awarded 188 points
    Last edited by Tormenta; 03-04-2018 at 11:02 PM.

  2. #2
    Level 7: Distinguished Contributor namelochil is a glorious beacon of light namelochil is a glorious beacon of light namelochil is a glorious beacon of light namelochil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    346
    Hey man. Thanks for the invite. I think the idea of a monthly high-level game is fun. But, honestly, I think the name is a little obnoxious. Most of us are at the top of the scoreboard because we had runs of good luck and because, for the most part, we hoard our points like Smaug hoards treasure. There are a lot of truly excellent players far down on the scoreboard who make it a point not to care about their point totals. And there are quite a few people near the top who really aren't that outstanding--just solid players who want a big rank and are really careful about what games they join. I'm not saying one way is better than the other; people play for different reasons.

    I guess my point is just that LA CR萂E DE LA CR萂E is a bit rich for me.

    (Please forgive the pun. I can't help it. I love puns.)

  3. #3
    Level 6: Prominent Opinion TormentaBANNED is on a distinguished road TormentaBANNED's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    197
    It's a cool name! I'd bet you are jealous because you are not yet in la cr鑝e de la cr鑝e, that is easy to resolve, you have your invitation

    And I agree with you about the Smaugs, but I'd say that so far they haven't entered because they know they are not la cr鑝e de la cr鑝e. If they want to prove they haven't forgotten how to play risk since they earned those points in World War II, doors are open!

  4. #4
    Level 7: Distinguished Contributor AuraCraft is on a distinguished road AuraCraft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    308
    Last week Ed said there shouldn't be so many 1vs1 tournaments coz anyone could win them, so I dared him to play best of 25 and he chickened out stating it's like flipping a coin... now he starts a singles forum competition
    Obviously he's careful with his rank so he can call himself creme de la creme

  5. #5
    Level 7: Distinguished Contributor namelochil is a glorious beacon of light namelochil is a glorious beacon of light namelochil is a glorious beacon of light namelochil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    346
    Quote Originally Posted by AuraCraft View Post
    Last week Ed said there shouldn't be so many 1vs1 tournaments coz anyone could win them, so I dared him to play best of 25 and he chickened out stating it's like flipping a coin... now he starts a singles forum competition
    Obviously he's careful with his rank so he can call himself creme de la creme
    Lol! It's funny you bring that up. I also saw his post about 1v1s being mostly about luck and not strategy, and I was considering challenging him to a best of 5. Luck my ass!

  6. #6
    Level 7: Distinguished Contributor namelochil is a glorious beacon of light namelochil is a glorious beacon of light namelochil is a glorious beacon of light namelochil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    346
    Quote Originally Posted by Tormenta View Post
    It's a cool name! I'd bet you are jealous because you are not yet in la cr鑝e de la cr鑝e, that is easy to resolve, you have your invitation

    And I agree with you about the Smaugs, but I'd say that so far they haven't entered because they know they are not la cr鑝e de la cr鑝e. If they want to prove they haven't forgotten how to play risk since they earned those points in World War II, doors are open!
    Okay, I'll join the game. But only because I'm interested in playing you. I've never seen your name before. Are you good? We will see.

  7. #7
    Level 6: Prominent Opinion adamlumpy is on a distinguished road adamlumpy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    103
    Cool idea, I'm keen to challenge the best of the best and learn a thing or two!

  8. #8
    Forum Moderator and All Knowing God. Cardinalsrule is a glorious beacon of light Cardinalsrule is a glorious beacon of light Cardinalsrule is a glorious beacon of light Cardinalsrule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,568
    Quote Originally Posted by namelochil View Post
    Hey man. Thanks for the invite. I think the idea of a monthly high-level game is fun. But, honestly, I think the name is a little obnoxious. Most of us are at the top of the scoreboard because we had runs of good luck and because, for the most part, we hoard our points like Smaug hoards treasure. There are a lot of truly excellent players far down on the scoreboard who make it a point not to care about their point totals. And there are quite a few people near the top who really aren't that outstanding--just solid players who want a big rank and are really careful about what games they join. I'm not saying one way is better than the other; people play for different reasons.

    I guess my point is just that LA CR萂E DE LA CR萂E is a bit rich for me.

    (Please forgive the pun. I can't help it. I love puns.)
    Well said, Namelochil. Although, I do consider you one of the 'Cr鑝e de la Creme' of this site, having played against you more than a few times. You're on MY list of top 10 players on the site.
    Last edited by Cardinalsrule; 04-04-2017 at 02:07 PM.
    "And if you don't give up and don't give in, you may just be OK" ~ Mike and the Mechanics "The Living Years"

  9. #9
    Forum Moderator and All Knowing God. Cardinalsrule is a glorious beacon of light Cardinalsrule is a glorious beacon of light Cardinalsrule is a glorious beacon of light Cardinalsrule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,568
    Quote Originally Posted by AuraCraft View Post
    Last week Ed said there shouldn't be so many 1vs1 tournaments coz anyone could win them, so I dared him to play best of 25 and he chickened out stating it's like flipping a coin... now he starts a singles forum competition
    Obviously he's careful with his rank so he can call himself creme de la creme
    Well, for one thing, this isn't a 1v1 game (or monthly recurrence of games) that he started. You're comparing apples to oranges. For another, kindly refrain from the publicly "calling out" of other players. It's NOT appropriate on a public forum. Your comments added nothing of a positive nature whatsoever to the thread. If you have an issue with Eduardo, keep it between the two of you or post on a private forum for CentCom.
    "And if you don't give up and don't give in, you may just be OK" ~ Mike and the Mechanics "The Living Years"

  10. #10
    Level 6: Prominent Opinion TormentaBANNED is on a distinguished road TormentaBANNED's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    197
    Cardinals, Aura doesn't like chicken. Maybe he's a vegan.

    Namelochil, we have played before, neither of us won Good to have you in the game, thank you (and you too, Adam).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Are you searching for a place to play RISK online? Try a Risk-Like game here at Major Command. We offer a unique global conquest game that will satisfy your RISK online cravings. RISK is a trademark of Hasbro. Major Command is not associated with Hasbro or thier RISK game in any way. | Privacy | Terms | Flash10+ required.
Major Command Game is always working on Upgrades and Improvements - Please suport us if you can. Thank You! :-)
Membership Options