By clicking the button below you are agreeing to the terms of service.
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>.
<placeholder>
Hrvatski
Dansk
Nederlands
English
Eesti
Français
Deutsche
ελληνικά
Magyar
Italiano
Norsk
Português
Español
Svenska

View Poll Results: How many simultaneous games do you play?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Less then 4 - I'm a Grunt and that's my limit

9 14.06%
  • Less then 10 - I have a membership, but I'm not crazy

14 21.88%
  • 10 to 20 games - I like to get my money's worth

19 29.69%
  • 20 to 30 games - It's just enough to keep me busy

18 28.13%
  • 30 to 40 games - My family never sees me, and we're all happy

1 1.56%
  • 40 to 50 games - Can someone say addiction? Please send food.

1 1.56%
  • over 50 games - There's a medal for 50+ games, right?

2 3.13%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Forum Moderator and All Knowing God. th-child commands your respect th-child commands your respect th-child's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tormenta View Post
    i realize the huge amount of time i lost here lol.
    Yeah, that's a dark question.

I sometimes play a trivia game online. It has time-based turns, so every game takes exactly 10 minutes. Based on their score, I know that the top players there spend 40-50 hours per week with that game. Are they pensioners, or bedridden people, I wonder.

I also dabble with Civilization V lately, I already put in 195 hours (my sleep schedule suffers), than I check the forums on Steam, and there are people with 4000+ hours. Who does this? They must be kids. Bedridden kids. Lots of them.

I read a book the other day, it shook me, so I couldn't sleep. I went on to goodreads to check other people's opinions, and I clicked on this guy, who added 120+ book reviews last year, and similar numbers for a few years before. Is this his life? Does he have insomnia? Or an irritable bowel so he spends 6 hours a day in the latrine, reading Dostoyevsky?

People waste their lives. I know I do.

Then again, what to do instead.

Based on old people's deathbed conversations we can know with a certainty that having jobs and careers is the biggest waste of all. Alright, but what then.

I am a 90's kid, so thankfully, I have a whole generation of gamers before me. I hope that on their deathbeds, they will confess if all those hours and weeks and months playing role playing games, Zelda and Wow were worth it. Oh, and watching cats and singing girls on youtube. Yeah, that too.

Man, I'm depressed already.

Music for the occasion: London Grammar - Wasting My Young Years
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkeDBwsIaZw
    Last edited by th-child; 01-05-2018 at 04:55 AM.

Level 6: Prominent Opinion TormentaBANNED is on a distinguished road TormentaBANNED's Avatar
    You made me laugh. Ok wasting of time is a matter of opinion, I agree. But from my point of view, the experience of that guy who spends 6 hours per day reading Dostoyevsky is more rewarding, bowel problems aside, than my last 6 hours here. I guess it could be more satisfactory if I won a 960 tourney every time I turn on the computer, like you

This would mean that one could skip turn even if the last thing before sleep and the first thing after sleep one does is checking majcom. Though I agree, sleep is for weak players, and IRL life is overrated.
    Jaja, touch, I would miss turns with 6 hours-games, though it would be funny to see who doesn't miss a single turn, and everybody waiting till bedtime to play in order to bother the enemies

Level 6: Prominent Opinion ericjkline has good things to say ericjkline's Avatar
    I like to have a few tournaments going so I meet new people, a few epic games that last several months on a big map, and then some games on new maps Im trying to learn. The targets, VIP, and other scenarios have been awesome. I think I am a lot more efficient now and having the game on phone allows me to play 10-20 without too much trouble. When I could only play on computer, it was more intrusive to my life to carve out time to get on and take turns. I wouldnt mind a chess clock format where you accumulated some hours. Maybe turns could be every 6 hours on average, but you would have a reserve of 24 hours. And each turn you would add 6 hours. So you could have a bank of time, and games would move a little faster.

Level 5: Notable Commentator 9lives2live is on a distinguished road 9lives2live's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ericjkline View Post
    I like to have a few tournaments going so I meet new people, a few epic games that last several months on a big map, and then some games on new maps Im trying to learn. The targets, VIP, and other scenarios have been awesome. I think I am a lot more efficient now and having the game on phone allows me to play 10-20 without too much trouble. When I could only play on computer, it was more intrusive to my life to carve out time to get on and take turns. I wouldnt mind a chess clock format where you accumulated some hours. Maybe turns could be every 6 hours on average, but you would have a reserve of 24 hours. And each turn you would add 6 hours. So you could have a bank of time, and games would move a little faster.
    Eric, what type of phone or software do you use on your phone to enable the play?

Level 6: Prominent Opinion ericjkline has good things to say ericjkline's Avatar
    i use an iPhone 5. Puffin browser works for MajorCommand because it supports Flash. It works pretty well, although sometimes the browser itself seems to get a little weird and I restart the phone to reset everything. Chrome browser lets me play the new beta version thats in testing.

Level 1: Faint Background Noise rodd is on a distinguished road rodd's Avatar
    hello all, i'm relatively new to MC. i find it hard to be in more than 15 games due to 24 hr time limit. I've bee playing on strategygamenetwork for years and averaged about 70 games simultaneously. this was due to the 120 hr max time limit for turns. this would then only give me about 20 games daily to make my turn . most player like myself wouldn't abuse the time limit and would take turns as required. obviously some would time out after 120hr and thus would be eliminated from gameand not sent to AWOL. this site is different but it's all still RISK and i'm getting used to it.