By clicking the button below you are agreeing to the terms of service.
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>.
<placeholder>
Hrvatski
Dansk
Nederlands
English
Eesti
Français
Deutsche
ελληνικά
Magyar
Italiano
Norsk
Português
Español
Svenska

View Poll Results: How many simultaneous games do you play?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Less then 4 - I'm a Grunt and that's my limit

9 14.06%
  • Less then 10 - I have a membership, but I'm not crazy

14 21.88%
  • 10 to 20 games - I like to get my money's worth

19 29.69%
  • 20 to 30 games - It's just enough to keep me busy

18 28.13%
  • 30 to 40 games - My family never sees me, and we're all happy

1 1.56%
  • 40 to 50 games - Can someone say addiction? Please send food.

1 1.56%
  • over 50 games - There's a medal for 50+ games, right?

2 3.13%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Level 8: Renowned Expert F15FreeEagle has good things to say F15FreeEagle's Avatar
    At this very moment, I have 15 active games, and 1 person from joining a game to being at 16. And I could make an argument that that is too many for me, at least during the spring-late fall months. I am trying to get it down to and keep it around 10. But then I go looking at games, and/or someone sends me an invitation for one that looks like it will be very good and interesting to me, and I sometimes cannot resist. So I've been around 12-15. But I WILL get it down to 10 or less. I think. Maybe.

At one point, right after I got a membership, I had somewhere around 50 games going. THAT was just entirely a ridiculous amount of games for me. Even during the winter now, I'm sure I'll be keeping it to around 20 or so, if that many.

Level 5: Notable Commentator flyboi is on a distinguished road flyboi's Avatar
    I'm not a grunt, but I have difficulty playing more than four games at a time.

Level 1: Faint Background Noise rodd is on a distinguished road rodd's Avatar
    Hello, majorcommand.
    I'm from strategygamenetwork. just rejoined here and saw your post. There are many players from sgn like myself who play about 60 games on average. We do this by having the turn limit increased up to 120 hours per turn. most players don't take that long but it's a great buffer.
    would love to see that here on OUR new site at MC.

Level 8: Renowned Expert F15FreeEagle has good things to say F15FreeEagle's Avatar
    In my opinion, 120 is too long. 48-72 hours? Eh, maybe.

Level 1: Faint Background Noise LotsOFFLuck is on a distinguished road LotsOFFLuck's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by F15FreeEagle View Post
    In my opinion, 120 is too long. 48-72 hours? Eh, maybe.
    Overall, I agree with F15, but to each his own. I wouldn't object to see all of those added as possible game settings. I wouldn't join those games, but others might like them.

Forum Moderator and All Knowing God. Cardinalsrule is a glorious beacon of light Cardinalsrule is a glorious beacon of light Cardinalsrule is a glorious beacon of light Cardinalsrule's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LotsOFFLuck View Post
    Overall, I agree with F15, but to each his own. I wouldn't object to see all of those added as possible game settings. I wouldn't join those games, but others might like them.
    +1
    "And if you don't give up and don't give in, you may just be OK" ~ Mike and the Mechanics "The Living Years"

Make My Day... NewSheriffInTown commands your respect NewSheriffInTown commands your respect NewSheriffInTown's Avatar
    Yes, if we were to do that, it would probably be an "option" during the game creation stage. 3 minute, 5 minute, 24 hour, 72 hour, or something like that.

Level 7: Distinguished Contributor kenjoh is on a distinguished road kenjoh's Avatar
    I could see adding it as an option, but I also wouldn't join a game where players could take 72 hours to play (or more than 24 hours for that matter).

Some games play pretty slowly already, probably because some players can only play once a day (which is fine). I prefer to have my games move along fairly quickly. I find that it makes the games more interesting when there is less time between my turns.

That's just my point of view.

Level 6: Prominent Opinion TormentaBANNED is on a distinguished road TormentaBANNED's Avatar
    I see my old post about the 20 games i played and i realize the huge amount of time i lost here lol. Now i play 4 at most, and much better. Now i mostly play while smoking, so my 2 addictions suppose the same time. I have lost the tourney doping, but well who cares, i prefer to play with players i like. I recommend it before you have to ask for professional help!

About the turn length, i would suggest 6 or 12 hours, there are a lot of players who systematically wait to the end, i've never understood why.

Longer turns could be an option too, but i don't know if there are many people who can't spend 5 minutes every 24 hours checking their phone.

Forum Moderator and All Knowing God. th-child commands your respect th-child commands your respect th-child's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rodd View Post
    We do this by having the turn limit increased up to 120 hours per turn.
    I have no opinion on this, I guess the more options the merrier, however, there have been games on majcom that lasted more than one year. I have never played on strategygamenetwork, but does this mean that you guys can have games that last 2-3-4 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Tormenta View Post
    About the turn length, i would suggest 6 or 12 hours

???

This would mean that one could skip turn even if the last thing before sleep and the first thing after sleep one does is checking majcom. Though I agree, sleep is for weak players, and IRL life is overrated.