By clicking the button below you are agreeing to the terms of service.
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>.
<placeholder>
Hrvatski
Dansk
Nederlands
English
Eesti
Français
Deutsche
ελληνικά
Magyar
Italiano
Norsk
Português
Español
Svenska

View Poll Results: With the new game engine, should we:

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Allow the Debriefing Info Box to disappear immediately?

20 50.00%
  • Keep the Debriefing Info Box on screen until the player clicks "Okay"?

20 50.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast
    Make My Day... NewSheriffInTown commands your respect NewSheriffInTown commands your respect NewSheriffInTown's Avatar

#13 - Keep the Debriefing Info Box on the Loading Screen?

Whenever a Map loads, there is a Debriefing Info Box that pops up. This has all the details about the current game.

Now, with our new game engine, the load time is so fast, that the Debriefing Info Box just pops on and off the screen before anyone has a chance to read it.

Normally this would be a good thing, however, I myself actually use the Debriefing Box to familiarize myself with the game info before starting.

So the question is.... With the new game engine, should we:

1) Allow the Debriefing Info Box to disappear immediately without reading it and get straight to the game?
    2) Allow the Debriefing Info Box to stay on screen until the player clicks an "Okay" button before continuing?

Please vote!

Level 7: Distinguished Contributor calume knows their way around calume's Avatar
    I like the "Okay" button option better since I do read it

Cheers

Level 5: Notable Commentator GeneralDominator knows their way around GeneralDominator's Avatar
    Before you open a game from the games tab the game setting is already displayed but when you have multiple turns to play then the box is useful if your playing them all in a row. I vote for the "okay" button. Saves you from having to open the in game brief tab.

Level 8: Renowned Expert F15FreeEagle has good things to say F15FreeEagle's Avatar
    I voted to have it disappear immediately because there is always the "brief" in the game itself if someone needs a reminder of what the settings are for a particular game, a feature which I use quite often myself.

Level 6: Prominent Opinion TormentaBANNED is on a distinguished road TormentaBANNED's Avatar
    I'm with f15, although dominator has a point. But I don't use "jump to next" (after a turn I go back to the games tab) and I don't know if many people do it. Anyway you have the brief and the thing is that normally, after a lot of turns in the same game, you remember the settings and don't need to receive the same information again and again.

Level ∞: Shadow Master masterjskye commands your respect masterjskye commands your respect masterjskye's Avatar
    Disappear instantly got my vote (although it doesn't really matter to me one way or the other).
    Last edited by masterjskye; 01-08-2017 at 02:54 AM.

Level 11: Commanding General of Everything. Don't ask, just listen. I'm at 11. ndrm31 commands your respect ndrm31 commands your respect ndrm31's Avatar
    I voted the ok, but for realtime it would dissapear for sure

off topic: Shep said a time ago that mesopotamias medals were ready, still waiting for them...
    Last edited by ndrm31; 01-08-2017 at 05:47 AM.
    NAMASTE

Level 7: Distinguished Contributor Hortik deserves your respect Hortik's Avatar
    When we arrive on a game now, The display is directly on the "intel"-tab. What about putting the display on the "brief"-tab when we enter the game?

Make My Day... NewSheriffInTown commands your respect NewSheriffInTown commands your respect NewSheriffInTown's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ndrm31 View Post
    I voted the ok, but for realtime it would dissapear for sure

off topic: Shep said a time ago that mesopotamias medals were ready, still waiting for them...
    Soon. Soon. Soon....

Quote Originally Posted by Hortik View Post
    When we arrive on a game now, The display is directly on the "intel"-tab. What about putting the display on the "brief"-tab when we enter the game?
    Good idea.

Level 7: Distinguished Contributor Malpot has good things to say Malpot's Avatar
    I would go with the Okay option, unless we could do the Brief Tab on open option instead.

But with the time saved on startup, I will be happy regardless!