By clicking the button below you are agreeing to the terms of service.
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>.
<placeholder>
Hrvatski
Dansk
Nederlands
English
Eesti
Français
Deutsche
ελληνικά
Magyar
Italiano
Norsk
Português
Español
Svenska

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5
1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Forum Moderator and All Knowing God. Redstorm has good things to say Redstorm's Avatar

New map Mesopotamia

Great job guys. At first glance it looked very simple but like all ur work, it has its neat twists and turns. thanks for all u do.

Level 5: Notable Commentator Derswick is on a distinguished road Derswick's Avatar
    This map may as well just be a coin flip. Who ever goes first will win almost all the time.

Studio Production Manager Shepherd is a name known to all Shepherd is a name known to all Shepherd is a name known to all Shepherd is a name known to all Shepherd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Derswick View Post
    This map may as well just be a coin flip. Who ever goes first will win almost all the time.
    Personally, I think that a small map works better for 2-player games than a large map, in which the first player gets to go nuts and set up the rest of the game.
    When sorrows come they come not in single spies, but in battalions.

Level 11: Commanding General of Everything. Don't ask, just listen. I'm at 11. Bluebonnet commands your respect Bluebonnet commands your respect Bluebonnet's Avatar
    small maps with 3 to deploy are the best for 1v1.

Level 11: Commanding General of Everything. Don't ask, just listen. I'm at 11. Sebrim commands your respect Sebrim commands your respect Sebrim's Avatar
    I agree with both sides. I just won a 1v1 against ndrm in three turns - I did have ridiculously good luck, but still, that isn't supposed to be happening, is it?

Studio Production Manager Shepherd is a name known to all Shepherd is a name known to all Shepherd is a name known to all Shepherd is a name known to all Shepherd's Avatar
    luck will always trump map size or game settings. If your opponents gets great dice and then plays a set of reserves in round three, there's no coming back from that.

In looking at the 1v1 games already played, it looks like player 1 has won 15 games, and player 2 has won 10. I suspect that's similar to most maps. I'd say the 1v1 problem isn't the maps, it's the inherent advantage of getting troops first, attacking first, and (usually) turning in reserves first. There are potential fixes, but that's a discussion for another forum.
    When sorrows come they come not in single spies, but in battalions.

Level 11: Commanding General of Everything. Don't ask, just listen. I'm at 11. ndrm31 commands your respect ndrm31 commands your respect ndrm31's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Derswick View Post
    Ive to disagree, im proud with my gold in duck&cover and in mini, 24 terts map where the 2nd player has tohe most wins overall the maps
    NAMASTE

Level 10: Official Expert on all Topics in the Major Command Forum airwick knows their way around airwick's Avatar
    Thanks for the new map guys! Who created it?

Forum Moderator and All Knowing God. Cardinalsrule is a glorious beacon of light Cardinalsrule is a glorious beacon of light Cardinalsrule is a glorious beacon of light Cardinalsrule's Avatar
    This was a Shepherd Map.
    "And if you don't give up and don't give in, you may just be OK" ~ Mike and the Mechanics "The Living Years"

Level 7: Distinguished Contributor LordAdef deserves your respect LordAdef's Avatar
    What a nice surprise!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5
1 2 3 ... LastLast