By clicking the button below you are agreeing to the terms of service.
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>.
<placeholder>
Hrvatski
Dansk
Nederlands
English
Eesti
Français
Deutsche
ελληνικά
Magyar
Italiano
Norsk
Português
Español
Svenska

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello!!

Level 1: Faint Background Noise d-flat is on a distinguished road d-flat's Avatar

Hello!!

Just wanted to say hello - what a fantastic site!

I'm pretty new to Risk as a game, as well as this site, and very much enjoying myself.

I've only really been playing Classic Evolved games - could anyone recommend a map/maps that would be good for a beginner to try next?

Look forward to battling with you all soon!

d-flat

Level 7: Distinguished Contributor LordAdef deserves your respect LordAdef's Avatar
    Welcome!

I suggest you read through our wiki page to get some further grip of MC.

In the Casual games tab, look for the first games listed. They are usually meant for beginner players and it's a good starting point before you venture into bigger and more challenging games.

About maps, try the more traditional Risky maps first, they tend no to have some of the extra difficulties of other maps we have around.

Good luck and I hope to meet you in battle soon

Level 1: Faint Background Noise d-flat is on a distinguished road d-flat's Avatar
    Thanks LordAdef!

I have looked at some stuff on the wiki pages - it's excellent! Insightful and informative whilst also being funny. Love the one in the style of Yoda for instance!

"...Make sure that you can fortify your borders with enough men, you must. An extra turn or two, wait and build your forces you shall."

Forum Moderator and All Knowing God. Redstorm has good things to say Redstorm's Avatar
    welcome. u already sound hooked. LOL may I suggest u consider upgrading to commander or strategist? its definitely even more fun. Tournaments become available to you then as well (even more fun). If ur interested, take a look at The Boot Camp clan (click clan tab then click The Boot Camp). Its designed to help newcomers in any area of the site and game. Good luck to you, I'm always available for a game and good hunting.

Level 7: Distinguished Contributor 5battalions is on a distinguished road 5battalions's Avatar
    d-flat have fun dude... have good wars. i dont know too much by now(exception classic evolved) but exploring the maps it will be fun, i think you will feel the same. For starting there is that 'new players welcome' in the map description, it's a cool 'classic evolved', great.
    Last edited by 5battalions; 10-01-2016 at 02:36 PM.

Level 8: Renowned Expert F15FreeEagle has good things to say F15FreeEagle's Avatar
    Hi and welcome! I've been around this site for about 9 months now, and have enjoyed myself very much. Most of the people here are very friendly (there is the rare exception or 2, but that's ok because some may think I'm a jerk too haha) and are willing to help you out with any questions you have. (The forums are fabulous for this.)

If you want to try something a little different for maps, (though the classic evolved is an excellent starting point, as LordAdef said) but if you want to try something to "spice it up," I'd suggest the mini classic. It's laid out like the classic evolved, but as the name suggests, it's a tiny map. Only 24 territories total, so for a beginner, I'd suggest keeping the total number of players for that to 3, 4 max.

Thank you all so much for the replies - yes I am hooked, it has to be said!

I tried a game on Nukes, which was definitely a bad move. Got completely annihilated - it's basically a different game! I will try the mini classic, that sound like a more sensible progression, thanks F15FreeEagle.

Thanks 5battalions, I think that we have met on the battlefield - all the best.

Redstorm - thanks for the advice, I do love the site and will end up upgrading my account, I'm sure. However, at the moment, I am still learning the game (the hard way), so think that I still need to improve before either trying a tournament or joining a clan.

Look forward to meeting you all on the battlefield - I'm always up for a game

Evening All - so 3 years on and I've gone to join the Boot Camp clan - it's gone?! Got me thinking: what's the point in clans anyway? Is it for teams for team games?

Level 6: Prominent Opinion periwinkle is on a distinguished road periwinkle's Avatar
    The only clans that are active ...as far as I know...are the competitive ones and the enemies of diplomacy clan ...the EOD has almost monthly challenges where no diplos are allowed. Come join! Its active and fun!

If you want from training ...I'm doing some fixed force training games in beta...so since you are a silver member...you can try FF in beta to see if you like it...message me if you are interested or anybody else that is interested can message me too