By clicking the button below you are agreeing to the terms of service.
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>.
<placeholder>
Hrvatski
Dansk
Nederlands
English
Eesti
Français
Deutsche
ελληνικά
Magyar
Italiano
Norsk
Português
Español
Svenska

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: cloud

Level 1: Faint Background Noise ZBANNED is on a distinguished road ZBANNED's Avatar

cloud

ok this is another one...
    a very complex game...with a lot of diplomatic blabla if you want to survive...dunno...

The cloud can change to the most incredible shapes every single game.
    it's not predictable so it's not just the drop that changes...all the background changes too.
    what about that?
    Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4048.JPG
Views:	66
Size:	187.1 KB
ID:	1965  
    Last edited by Z; 08-16-2016 at 06:12 PM.

Level 3: Occasional Commentator matildathehun is on a distinguished road matildathehun's Avatar
    I like it -- I especially like the idea of randomness. That being said, there are enough people who complain about the dice -- how many would think the board is "fixed" too? lol!

Personally, i think it's great. Might be difficult to code though...

MTH

3. 08-16-2016 06:00 PM

Level 1: Faint Background Noise

Level 6: Prominent Opinion thenoahw is on a distinguished road thenoahw's Avatar
    If we have the infrastructure to support a randomly changing map both in between games and during the games, I would love to see it. Of course there would be complaints, as MTH has pointed out, but I think if Shep has the ability to do it, we should try it out

Level 3: Occasional Commentator matildathehun is on a distinguished road matildathehun's Avatar
    When I was thinking more about this, I thought, what about a board that was not only random, but changed as the game progressed? Very much the "cloud" idea - maybe at the start of the game, you can attack from territory A1 (named for convenience's sake) to territory B1. BUT, as the game moves forward, the clouds slowly swing around each other, so eventually you can no longer attack B1. Then a few more turns later, you're close enough to attack C2 instead.

These are very wispy ideas (pun intended) but I think there's something there.

Of course, it will take either a game maker to be taken with the idea, or an idea maker to be taken with learning game code...

MTH

Level 1: Faint Background Noise ZBANNED is on a distinguished road ZBANNED's Avatar
    wow.I love your idea matilda. if you believe in that please do it. I will apreciatte