By clicking the button below you are agreeing to the terms of service.
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>.
<placeholder>
Hrvatski
Dansk
Nederlands
English
Eesti
Français
Deutsche
ελληνικά
Magyar
Italiano
Norsk
Português
Español
Svenska

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Studio Production Manager Shepherd is a name known to all Shepherd is a name known to all Shepherd is a name known to all Shepherd is a name known to all Shepherd's Avatar
    thanks to smi and Sebrim for the detailed feedback. All will be taken into consideration.
    When sorrows come they come not in single spies, but in battalions.

Level 7: Distinguished Contributor palmono knows their way around palmono's Avatar
    RELEASE THE KRAKEN!
    I want to play

Level 8: Renowned Expert TheGeneral has good things to say TheGeneral's Avatar
    https://www.majorcommand.com/games/307659/

am i losing it or should i have a +2 bonus for sweden?

i think little big. quite often i hover over players names in the top ribbon above the map to highlight the territories they have. you cannot do this on this map as it is too big for the screen. all other maps are ok. i have a 17" laptop so shouldn't be an issue.

it is quite hard to play on from an aesthetics perspective. a bit too bright and the crazy diffs in physical size make it a little uncomfortable to play on - i know this is factually correct but it feels a little awkward - especially around the balkans area. it is too busy there yet space wasted in russia.

I love the idea of europe massive but this map doesn't quite do what classic massive does and the cold war europe is better for a europe map. On this basis I think it might need tweaking a little?

I think I am sounding very critical I do not mean to be as you guys put in some great maps and lots of time - i hope you take the comments constructively! Love you guys! xx

Level 8: Renowned Expert TheGeneral has good things to say TheGeneral's Avatar
    Also - i am struggling to understand Kalingrad needed to get Russia?

Level 7: Distinguished Contributor Dalinar is on a distinguished road Dalinar's Avatar
    I agree the coloring is a bit bright, but I'll get used it - I'm not one who cares much about the aesthetics anyway. The gameplay looks like it should fantastic - I can't wait to try some 1v1s on there with limited to no reinforcements... it's a guess at this point, but the gameplay could be pretty deep like 12D 1-border.

TheGeneral, your bonus is going to be auto-deployed on Stockholm if you hang onto it.

Level 7: Distinguished Contributor Dalinar is on a distinguished road Dalinar's Avatar
    Oh, and the map should probably say Kalingrad is adjacent to Poland. I had to look it up on a (real) map and zoom out to find it.

Level 6: Prominent Opinion linkinpark is on a distinguished road linkinpark's Avatar
    I don't know if you spelled Transilvania as it's spelled in Romanian on purpose, but the correct English spelling would be Transylvania. Catalunia should be spelled Catalonia. I'd also agree with Sebrim on making Albania a separate command because it's the only region in the Balkans command that is not part of former Yugoslavia.

Btw I like what you did with Crimea and Cyprus.

Make My Day... NewSheriffInTown commands your respect NewSheriffInTown commands your respect NewSheriffInTown's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGeneral View Post
    https://www.majorcommand.com/games/307659/

am i losing it or should i have a +2 bonus for sweden?
    Yes you will get the bonus on the next round. Remember that the bonus is Auto-Deployed, so it does not show up as troops on your "Troops Due" column on the Intel.

Super Moderator and Forum Commander Chilly commands your respect Chilly commands your respect Chilly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NewSheriffInTown View Post
    Yes you will get the bonus on the next round. Remember that the bonus is Auto-Deployed, so it does not show up as troops on your "Troops Due" column on the Intel.
    And this requires the budding European dictator to not rely on that shady director of intelligence since that intel tab is shoddy at best.

Studio Production Manager Shepherd is a name known to all Shepherd is a name known to all Shepherd is a name known to all Shepherd is a name known to all Shepherd's Avatar
    I think we'll be implementing some of the suggestion made here in the next day or two - moving where some of the sea routes touch land in Scandinavia, making some of the borders between regions easier to make out, corrections to spelling, etc. If you're in the middle of a game don't be surprised, and if anything looks funny I suggest you clear your cache and reload the game.

As for the "brightness" of the map, there are two things I'm going to work on. First, our existing maps embrace the earth tones and more muted colors, so this one stands out a bit too much. I'll be turning down the volume on the colors, which will help with the readability of borders and the region names.

Second, I wasn't thinking when I created the troop containers. Creating a palette of bold and bright containers on a boldly-colored map really lit the games up like a Christmas tree. I'll be turning down the intensity on the containers as well in the coming days, which I think will do wonders for the overall look of the map.

Again, I appreciate any and all feedback, both the positive and the constructive.
    When sorrows come they come not in single spies, but in battalions.