By clicking the button below you are agreeing to the terms of service.
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>.
<placeholder>
Hrvatski
Dansk
Nederlands
English
Eesti
Français
Deutsche
ελληνικά
Magyar
Italiano
Norsk
Português
Español
Svenska

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
    Level 5: Notable Commentator ashr is on a distinguished road ashr's Avatar

Maps of fictional places

How about posting a list of your desired fictional or obscure environments as battle maps...maybe a Senior Cartographer will be enchanted enough to make it....?

I don;t know the Map Engine works, whether the action script has to be written by hand, or what the process is:
    I think I just realized why you use flash, even though there is no animation - access to the regions. and you can do some clever highlighting and labeling and stuff more quickly than in js.

Do you hand code those events? Are you using Flex Framework? Is 1 person designing the map, and a different person designs the code?
    Last edited by ashr; 08-04-2010 at 01:10 PM.
    --I do information retrieval, not information distribution.

Quote Originally Posted by ashr View Post
    How about posting a list of your desired fictional environements as battle maps...maybe a Senior Cartographer will be enchanted enough to make it....?
    Obvious ones - Regions of Middle Earth

But I'd like to see a Polynesian Map. Imagining South Pacific Islands at massive war tickles me to death.

Neighborhoods of Manhattan? Pre or Post Industrial Revolution.

http://flickriver.com/photos/baltic86/2385581333/

The Post War Map. http://bigthink.com/ideas/21338

Map of The Island on Lost?

Or a map of the calendar - Calendria? http://bigthink.com/ideas/21483

switching to missiles! codanostra is a glorious beacon of light codanostra is a glorious beacon of light codanostra is a glorious beacon of light codanostra's Avatar
    you know what map i would love? World of Warcraft's Azeroth. Of course this is impossible, but it would be awesome.
    "To roll poorly once may be regarded as misfortune. To roll poorly twice looks like carelessness."

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island) Badorties is a name known to all Badorties is a name known to all Badorties is a name known to all Badorties is a name known to all Badorties's Avatar
    I will let Shepherd pontificate on our map process. And Coda, nothing is impossible!

Map Commander RjBeals commands your respect RjBeals commands your respect RjBeals's Avatar
    Currently, the cartographer creates the map, the highlights, the troop containers, and also creates all the data and positioning using the map control panel. It took me a long ass time for classic massive.

But there will be fictional maps for sure. I know soon we will be working on a "siege" type map involving overthrowing a castle. The first few maps need to be relatively simple with straightforward gameplay. But soon we branch out with some more abstract ideas and places. But ideas from the community are always helpful you know - give the people what they want
    escuchela.. la ciudad respirando

Chief Ambassador ghost commands your respect ghost commands your respect ghost's Avatar
    i would be all about a zombie map...i would.. or something with a horror-esque vibe. :P
    "If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

Ambassador Spazm deserves your respect Spazm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost View Post
    i would be all about a zombie map...i would.. or something with a horror-esque vibe. :P
    That would be great...map a neighborhood with houses and streets as "countries." Maybe have it team based, with an outer ring of houses and streets automatically populated with non-player armies at an escalating rate, with a bit of random thrown into it (rd 1: 1-3, rd 2: 4-6, etc).

I would also like to see the Wheel of Time series world mapped out and playable.

To stay a bit true to the book, the Blight area is un-capturable and is always refreshed to X number of troops.

Chief Ambassador ghost commands your respect ghost commands your respect ghost's Avatar
    that map you just posted is a total eyesore.. lol. but the idea, would indeed be cool..
    Robert Jordan creates some truly awesome worlds that would indeed be map worthy.

i am so wanting a zombie map though, i might have to make it myself. :P
    "If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

Map Commander RjBeals commands your respect RjBeals commands your respect RjBeals's Avatar
    i also love zombies - and have always wanted a zombie/horror themed map. Not sure how much of a priority that is, but someday for sure.
    escuchela.. la ciudad respirando