By clicking the button below you are agreeing to the terms of service.
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>.
<placeholder>
Hrvatski
Dansk
Nederlands
English
Eesti
Français
Deutsche
ελληνικά
Magyar
Italiano
Norsk
Português
Español
Svenska

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Angevin Empire

Level 6: Prominent Opinion Oggyyy is on a distinguished road Oggyyy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by riskyone View Post
    Great job Oggyyy, I really like what you have done here.
    Thanks risky! - any noticeable errors you can see?

I am trying to think through the gameplay looking for bottlenecks / other problems but nothing is springing to mind yet.

I will add in the city regions next

Level 6: Prominent Opinion OneEyed has good things to say OneEyed's Avatar
    the map looks nice.
    about story, there is not shown Angevin empire. there are just commands, but empire is "invisible".
    as french has royal domain and vassals, also english (plantaganets) could have the same. and entire map could be setup as battle between them and as vassalage.
    I am not sure if cities is the best idea as they are made. the "free" space around france could be used for offset box where could be french royal domain enlarged.
    about half of ireland was vassals of english, but rest of ireland was irish. england, normandy, main could be royal domain of english, while the rest of angevin empire could be vassals.

OneEyed

Quote Originally Posted by OneEyed View Post
    the map looks nice.
    about story, there is not shown Angevin empire. there are just commands, but empire is "invisible".
    as french has royal domain and vassals, also english (plantaganets) could have the same. and entire map could be setup as battle between them and as vassalage.
    I am not sure if cities is the best idea as they are made. the "free" space around france could be used for offset box where could be french royal domain enlarged.
    about half of ireland was vassals of english, but rest of ireland was irish. england, normandy, main could be royal domain of english, while the rest of angevin empire could be vassals.

OneEyed
    Interesting perspective - the way I tried to set it out was to balance the "Angevin + Plateganets" - for all intents and purposes, the "Angevin Empire" and the French "Royal Domain and Vassals"

Then the "Nuetral Commands"

When you combine the "empires" commands as a whole:

Angevin Commands = +19
    French = +10
    Ireland = +2
    Toulouse = +2

As a whole the map is set in 1154 at the "peak" of the "Empire" - I could slightly change the colours to better reflect this, and place a more prominent "border" around the area as a whole to highlight the "Empire" better

I will try and think what other people think regarding making the blank space enlarged commands like you say - as this will change the map in a different direction

Level 6: Prominent Opinion smi is on a distinguished road smi's Avatar
    I like a lot the styling of the map as it is! Also the squares could be used for drawings of the cities at that age which will give a very very nice flavour in the map imo!

I like a lot the fact that the map feels "spacey" without being overwhelmed by info and special rules boxes!

Quote Originally Posted by smi View Post

Also the squares could be used for drawings of the cities at that age which will give a very very nice flavour in the map imo!

That is exactly what they will be for

Level 7: Distinguished Contributor LordAdef deserves your respect LordAdef's Avatar
    Hey Oggyyy,

I am amazed by how many talented people we have here! You and OneEyed are certainly invaluable new map creators in the Map Studio.

I express here my wish to have one map from you guys really soon!

Ok so here is what a city will look like

Each city will be hand drawn to give a rough representation at the time

Paris (as the first example) is split by the river - giving the two "city" regions - these will begin as Nuetral (3)

Quote Originally Posted by LordAdef View Post
    Hey Oggyyy,

I am amazed by how many talented people we have here! You and OneEyed are certainly invaluable new map creators in the Map Studio.

I express here my wish to have one map from you guys really soon!
    Thanks LA
    Last edited by Oggyyy; 01-12-2016 at 11:21 PM.

Level 11: Commanding General of Everything. Don't ask, just listen. I'm at 11. Sebrim commands your respect Sebrim commands your respect Sebrim's Avatar
    Lovely, Oggyyy - I like :-)

However, I'm jsut concerned that it is difficult to see how f.x. Paris fits into the main picture. Is the territory called 'domaine royal' a single territory spanning both shores of the Seine? And does the territory called Beaumont border only with Domaine Royal or also with Paris, and which side of Paris? In the picture of Paris, the Seine looks like it's a South-to-North river, while on the main map it definitely flows from the East to the West....

Do you understand my concern? It just needs to be clear, which regions border what.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebrim View Post
    Lovely, Oggyyy - I like :-)

However, I'm jsut concerned that it is difficult to see how f.x. Paris fits into the main picture. Is the territory called 'domaine royal' a single territory spanning both shores of the Seine? And does the territory called Beaumont border only with Domaine Royal or also with Paris, and which side of Paris? In the picture of Paris, the Seine looks like it's a South-to-North river, while on the main map it definitely flows from the East to the West....

Do you understand my concern? It just needs to be clear, which regions border what.
    Indeed that is exactly the feedback I have been looking for!

I think I need to redraw the borders in that region to make it clearer - my initial intention was for Paris to border Beaumont to the north and Domaine Royal to the west and east - the Seine running through Domaine Royal.

So yes that is a very good point - the next time I update the map I will tweak that region to clarify.

I will also add these regions to the small city map to make the borders a bit clearer.

Of course please feel free to add in your opinion if these regions should border other regions differently?

Ok, so big thanks to Sebrim - hopefully this makes it a little clearer:

OneEyed also expressed a desire to show the "Empire" - I have tried to express this by the red borders - this is purely cosmetic and can be changed if it doesn't quite suite the flavour of the map

I have also tweaked the command colours slightly, and renamed them in French

I have been thinking a little about this:

Currently there will be 43 starting regions + 20 neutrals - It seems like it would make a lot of sense to add in 5 regions somewhere....as 48 is a magic number for team and larger games...

48 / 24 = 2 starting regions
    48 / 12 = 4 starting regions
    48 / 10 = 4 starting regions + 8 additional nuetrals
    48 / 9 = 5 starting regions + 3 additional nuetrals
    48 / 8 = 6 starting regions
    48 / 7 = 6 starting regions + 6 additional nuetrals
    48 / 6 = 8 starting regions
    48 / 5 = 9 starting regions + 3 additional nuetrals
    48 / 4 = 12 starting regions
    48 / 3 = 16 starting regions
    48 / 2 = 24 starting regions
    Last edited by Oggyyy; 01-13-2016 at 01:26 AM.