By clicking the button below you are agreeing to the terms of service.
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>.
<placeholder>
Hrvatski
Dansk
Nederlands
English
Eesti
Français
Deutsche
ελληνικά
Magyar
Italiano
Norsk
Português
Español
Svenska

View Poll Results: Which would you chose, points or recognition (medals banners tourney wins)?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Points / Ranks

41 66.13%
  • Medals / Bling / Tourney Wins

21 33.87%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Make My Day... NewSheriffInTown commands your respect NewSheriffInTown commands your respect NewSheriffInTown's Avatar

#9 - What do you chose, points or recognition (medals banners tourney wins)?

Which to you play for - Points and rank? or Recognition (medals banners tourney wins)?

Level 8: Renowned Expert Geoffrey has good things to say Geoffrey's Avatar
    I regret my vote, even if I don't actively try and get medal/bling/tourney wins, those are far more permanent than points and rank and I think I'd appreciate them more! I think I'd change my vote to the latter if I had a time machine ;p

Good question
    -Geo

Level 11: Commanding General of Everything. Don't ask, just listen. I'm at 11. Bluebonnet commands your respect Bluebonnet commands your respect Bluebonnet's Avatar
    Definitely the bling, medals, and scoreboards. It keeps things interesting and always something to to obtain.

I can stay a captains level for extended periods of time with major and colonel thrown in once in awhile. But to do that, i can't play all the games i want. 1v1 real time for example is a great way to spend the evening. Also keeps the score down.

So by going after medals i get to try out new things. Different settings (assassin, fixed force), different team sizes and different maps. It keeps things new and refreshing while the medals show I have achieved something. Even though they are only little rectangles showing up on my profile which my family could care less about, it is enough to keep me here and interested.

Level 11: Commanding General of Everything. Don't ask, just listen. I'm at 11. ndrm31 commands your respect ndrm31 commands your respect ndrm31's Avatar
    Just a comment to send he poll to whats new, thx sheriff for starting it!

Level 7: Distinguished Contributor PITMAN212 knows their way around PITMAN212's Avatar
    Bling bling bling

Level 7: Distinguished Contributor sundicekid deserves your respect sundicekid's Avatar
    Nope, gimme a star damn it!

...oh maybe that's my bling

Level 8: Renowned Expert empirejeff has good things to say empirejeff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoffrey View Post
    I regret my vote, even if I don't actively try and get medal/bling/tourney wins, those are far more permanent than points and rank and I think I'd appreciate them more! I think I'd change my vote to the latter if I had a time machine ;p

Good question
    Time travel is really hard to write about.

Level 4: Recognized Voice WiJoMa is on a distinguished road WiJoMa's Avatar
    I don't really care about either. I just play for the fun.

Level 6: Prominent Opinion chefsmitty knows their way around chefsmitty's Avatar
    Point in case:
    Most of you know I've been AWOL for some time so my rank has dropped!!! Joined a RT game the other night and one of the other players was a little intimidated (for lack of a better term) because he went to my profile and noticed the games, wins, banners, etc. Rank will fluctuate all the time, but the accomplishments you earn and keep will determine your character, your skill, and your legacy at MC!!!

Level 6: Prominent Opinion TormentaBANNED is on a distinguished road TormentaBANNED's Avatar
    It is not definite because there are different factors, but I think it is clear that what shows the skill is a high rank and the ability to keep it. Getting medals is easy, just play 1000 games and you will have a lot even if you suck.

As I say there are factors against my opinion, for example if you are lucky in three consecutive games, get to general and later you only play team games with other generals, obviously you are not likely to fall. Anyway, rank is more representative in general.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 ... LastLast