By clicking the button below you are agreeing to the terms of service.
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>.
<placeholder>
Hrvatski
Dansk
Nederlands
English
Eesti
Français
Deutsche
ελληνικά
Magyar
Italiano
Norsk
Português
Español
Svenska

View Poll Results: Which would you chose, points or recognition (medals banners tourney wins)?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Points / Ranks

41 66.13%
  • Medals / Bling / Tourney Wins

21 33.87%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Level 11: Commanding General of Everything. Don't ask, just listen. I'm at 11. Bluebonnet commands your respect Bluebonnet commands your respect Bluebonnet's Avatar
    Cards and Eduardo.
    I got ya. I mean no offense and i get what you are saying.

All our measures we have, high rank, medals, or kill ratio are yet incomplete. Each one gives a glimpse into how good a player is. I loot at them all depending on what i want to find out.

Redstorm has a point too. Hang around here enough and you run up against the top players and come to your own determination on how to rank them and who they are.

Cards has the most medals.
    Sensadrome has the highest score.
    Malpot has a crazy kill ration.

And they are all better than me and kick my ass most days. I will bloody their nose on occasion, even on their best settings.

Level 6: Prominent Opinion chefsmitty knows their way around chefsmitty's Avatar
    Cards....
    can you crunch some numbers on our good friend enikesa? A prime example of combining # of games, opponets def, and type of game, they being mainly 3v3 games. His stats will be staggering (and yes a great teammate of ours), but will be a little skewed by the type of games played

Forum Moderator and All Knowing God. Redstorm has good things to say Redstorm's Avatar
    And they are all better than me and kick my ass most days. I will bloody their nose on occasion, even on their best settings.

LOL

love it. too bad we aren't all living in same neighborhood, we cud decide this on the softball field. standard rules, knock over my beer, ur out. LOL
    Although u have pointed out the skews, I do think the games played, opponents defeated is a good measurement as well.

Forum Moderator and All Knowing God. Cardinalsrule is a glorious beacon of light Cardinalsrule is a glorious beacon of light Cardinalsrule is a glorious beacon of light Cardinalsrule's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chefsmitty View Post
    Cards....
    can you crunch some numbers on our good friend enikesa? A prime example of combining # of games, opponets def, and type of game, they being mainly 3v3 games. His stats will be staggering (and yes a great teammate of ours), but will be a little skewed by the type of games played
    Eni's number was 2.44

A great example of how playing team games can skew that stat. Enikesa (after we got started) played almost exclusively 3v3 games. More than "a little' skewed.
    "And if you don't give up and don't give in, you may just be OK" ~ Mike and the Mechanics "The Living Years"

Level 11: Commanding General of Everything. Don't ask, just listen. I'm at 11. Bluebonnet commands your respect Bluebonnet commands your respect Bluebonnet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinalsrule View Post
    Eni's number was 2.44

A great example of how playing team games can skew that stat. Enikesa (after we got started) played almost exclusively 3v3 games. More than "a little' skewed.
    Aw heck. I know someone on one of my teams that has a 3.49. They love team play more than i do!

Level 6: Prominent Opinion chefsmitty knows their way around chefsmitty's Avatar
    Man its good to back interacting with all you guys again! Missed my MC family!!!

Level 11: Commanding General of Everything. Don't ask, just listen. I'm at 11. ndrm31 commands your respect ndrm31 commands your respect ndrm31's Avatar
    KFD Also seems to be back XD
    NAMASTE

Level 7: Distinguished Contributor Wort is on a distinguished road Wort's Avatar
    before we got the tab to tell us about the medals I never actively sought them out. Now it is something fun to do whilst still playing.

I do like having a high score though you know, it massages the ego a bit!! There are some players on this site with lots of medals who are not great players so I guess it is all relevant.

Here's to more points & medals!

Level 3: Occasional Commentator 3cwhl is on a distinguished road 3cwhl's Avatar
    Points are easy to lose when you progress. Medals are there once you achieved them so they are better imo.

Level 9: Highly Acclaimed Authority on the Subject riskyone commands your respect riskyone commands your respect riskyone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3cwhl View Post
    Points are easy to lose when you progress. Medals are there once you achieved them so they are better imo.
    I enjoy going for medals, but I do admit that I have played a lot of games to get them. I'm a second tier player, but man is it fun to win a tournament or a new map or team medal. good luck on those shiny things.