By clicking the button below you are agreeing to the terms of service.
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>.
<placeholder>
Hrvatski
Dansk
Nederlands
English
Eesti
Français
Deutsche
ελληνικά
Magyar
Italiano
Norsk
Português
Español
Svenska

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Super Moderator and Forum Commander BeanZ deserves your respect BeanZ's Avatar
    I'm still not sure about how many games going at once will be too much but we will get to that when we have a few going I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by gtivan View Post
    I assumed a single clan challenge would occur every 2 weeks resulting in 1 game. Taking 88 weeks to work our way through 22 maps with 4 team sizes each.

Or are you saying all 4 clans create a game every 2 weeks. This would only take 22 weeks to go through but be a heavy commitment on games with a backlog easily occurring.
    Sorry, I wasn't as clear as I thought I was being. So each clan will make 1 game a fortnight (To total 4 games every 2 weeks) so with 4 games for each map and there being 22 maps, it should take 44 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by gtivan View Post
    Another question. On singles and doubles. Are they limited to 4 player singles? 1 from each clan? or can you have 8 player singles, 12 player singles and 24 player singles? Any multiple for even clan distribution of players
    I never thought about singles games with two or more from each clan, the thing is however, the player number for each game limits us.
    Any combination of singles players that add up to game numbers that we are already playing.

For example if we had the 4 clans playing

4 player game - Singles -
    8 player game - Doubles - 2x singles
    12 player game - Triples - 3x singles
    16 player game - doesn't exist -
    20 player game - doesn't exist -
    24 player game - Sixers - 6x singles - 3x doubles - 2x triples

So any game that we can fit 4 clans into already has full teams, if clans were playing towards the goal of adding to the points total here it would just end up the same as the games with bigger teams, just no reinforcements.

I think just having the larger teams in game is the way to go, otherwise it'll get confusing and we'll be playing hundreds and hundreds of games instead of the measly little 88 that we have at the moment
    Last edited by BeanZ; 04-15-2015 at 06:03 AM.

Level 11: Commanding General of Everything. Don't ask, just listen. I'm at 11. Bluebonnet commands your respect Bluebonnet commands your respect Bluebonnet's Avatar
    "Sorry, I wasn't as clear as I thought I was being. So each clan will make 1 game a fortnight (To total 4 games every 2 weeks) so with 4 games for each map and there being 22 maps, it should take 44 weeks."

OKay, got it. So minimum number of players starting up in a week are 4 games , all singles for 4 spots to fill from each clan. Largest number of players is 4 games, all sixers so 24 spots to fill from each clan (of course many players in multiple games.) Average would be 12 spots to be filled by each clan. That is about the average number of people in each clan. I think one may be down to 10 active players.

Now here is where the math gets fun. Each type of map has a range of days in which it is likely to end. I am not going to calculate the probabilities, but it is possible. Lets just say the range is anywhere from 2 weeks to 8 weeks for vast majority of games. There will be some outliers with a game going for more than 8 weeks. Hopefully few and far between.

There will be many games going on at the same time once we get 6 to 8 weeks into it. So lets estimate how many spots need to be filled at the 8 week mark. I will use the average of 3 spots needing to be filled per game.

1st series of 4 games: 1 game still going
    2nd series of 4 games: 2 game still going
    3rd series of 4 games: 3 games still going
    4th series of games: brand new series, 4 games need to be filled.

that is 10 games in total still alive once the 4th series starts. average 3 spots per game is 30 spots being filled by each clan. about 3 games per each player of the clan.

sound about right?

Level 7: Distinguished Contributor calume knows their way around calume's Avatar
    Old Soldiers Club will have 8 players willing to play, maybe a few more as i am still waiting on a few replies

Make My Day... NewSheriffInTown commands your respect NewSheriffInTown commands your respect NewSheriffInTown's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanZ View Post
    MIND BLOWN!!

LOL. I second that! Masterjskye, you know stuff!

Level 6: Prominent Opinion Rimbaud is on a distinguished road Rimbaud's Avatar
    So we are doing a new clan, I promise we will be competitive, stylish and good, can we join the fun, please?

Hmm, we have less than a week till we start, who's the we? are you going to have enough to get two new clans together?

If not then maybe joining an existing clan would be a better idea

Level 11: Commanding General of Everything. Don't ask, just listen. I'm at 11. Bluebonnet commands your respect Bluebonnet commands your respect Bluebonnet's Avatar
    Hey beanz. Queston for you.

I just read where team games can include assassins and mercenary. Are those game options allowed?

Yep, I was just assuming that that'd be part of what the clan chooses when they pick the settings of each game, be it Standard/Assassins/mercenary.

Mercenary games will still be like a standard game though, whichever team wins at the end (regardless of points gained/lost) will still get the win on the overall leaderboard.

Level ∞: Shadow Master masterjskye commands your respect masterjskye commands your respect masterjskye's Avatar
    It's not possible to create team mercenary or assassin games beanzy.

Whoopsy, I got caught up in my wishful thinking that we could.

Guess we're not playing merc or assassins games then GTI