By clicking the button below you are agreeing to the terms of service.
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>.
<placeholder>
Hrvatski
Dansk
Nederlands
English
Eesti
Français
Deutsche
ελληνικά
Magyar
Italiano
Norsk
Português
Español
Svenska

View Poll Results: Would you play MajCom on a phone or Tablet?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • No - MajCom would not work on a small screen

10 13.33%
  • Maybe - In desperation. But I'll stay with the computer

24 32.00%
  • Yes - For sure! Mobile all the way!

43 57.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast
    Make My Day... NewSheriffInTown commands your respect NewSheriffInTown commands your respect NewSheriffInTown's Avatar

#6 - Would you like to play MajCom on a phone or tablet?

Do you think it is possible to play MajCom on a phone or tablet?
    Would the screen be big enough for the Maps?
    Would it be too annoying, or something awesome?
    Would you do it?

Let us know!

Level 6: Prominent Opinion champig is on a distinguished road champig's Avatar
    as far as i'm concerned i'm not really interested, but i know than for some it does really matter,i presented majcom to a friend a little while ago and he really liked it.

however at some point he stoped playing because there was no mobile version available and that he couldn't play on his mobile during a break at work or during travel time.

i have no idea if it's doable but i'm pretty sure it would be a really good thing for majcom expansion !

Super Moderator and Forum Commander BeanZ deserves your respect BeanZ's Avatar
    You can pretty well at the moment... I've even played a few RT games on my ipad, but it'd be a nice feature to have it seamlessly run in the future. (html5?)

Super Moderator and Forum Commander Chilly commands your respect Chilly commands your respect Chilly's Avatar
    I played on a droid phone a while back. It was awful due to the small size, especially trying to select small territories like Isle of Man or Fiji.

But, it was far superior to missing a turn because I was traveling with no access to a real computer.

omigod, totally bitchen, furshur, furshur Robinette commands your respect Robinette commands your respect Robinette's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
    But, it was far superior to missing a turn because I was traveling with no access to a real computer.
    ^^^
    what Chilly said... +1

Level 11: Commanding General of Everything. Don't ask, just listen. I'm at 11. Sebrim commands your respect Sebrim commands your respect Sebrim's Avatar
    It is definitely a good feature to have for those without access to a real computer. However, I can't see the player colours anymore on my Android-phone, so I have to plan very carefully and only play very short and easy turns....

Level ∞: Shadow Master masterjskye commands your respect masterjskye commands your respect masterjskye's Avatar
    Definitely would be a sweet feature to have. I'd only use it if I was travelling about though.

Level 7: Distinguished Contributor namelochil is a glorious beacon of light namelochil is a glorious beacon of light namelochil is a glorious beacon of light namelochil's Avatar
    For the last year or two, I've taken the majority of my turns on my iphone and ipad. I use an app called Photon.

Level 9: Highly Acclaimed Authority on the Subject BadElmer deserves your respect BadElmer's Avatar
    I play on a Vizio tablet when I'm away from home (which is often).

Level 6: Prominent Opinion bouttreefiddy has good things to say bouttreefiddy's Avatar
    I would like the option. There were a few times I've gone out of town for the weekend and had to bring my laptop since Android and flash aren't compatible. I can't see playing on the phone as being a realistic option for anything other than the scenario I described. My tablet definitely has enough screen real estate to be able to view the map though. Even if the site doesn't get a dedicated mobile version, the recode being in html5 will be nice enough for my issues. I would probably still play mainly on the computer, but if it was optimized for mobile, I would definitely give tablet play a chance.