By clicking the button below you are agreeing to the terms of service.
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>.
<placeholder>
Hrvatski
Dansk
Nederlands
English
Eesti
Français
Deutsche
ελληνικά
Magyar
Italiano
Norsk
Português
Español
Svenska

View Poll Results: How often do you attack 3 vs 1?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • All the time !! I would attack 1 vs 3 if I could !!

7 6.93%
  • If it's a strategic advantage like breaking a command.

68 67.33%
  • Only in desperate situations when I need a card.

50 49.50%
  • Never, I always play the odds.

1 0.99%
  • Attacking with 3 is bad?

12 11.88%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
    Make My Day... NewSheriffInTown commands your respect NewSheriffInTown commands your respect NewSheriffInTown's Avatar

#4 - How often do you attack 3 vs 1?

Odds gets worse when you start attacking with less than 4 troops. How often do you attack with 3?

Level 6: Prominent Opinion Hodja has good things to say Hodja's Avatar
    I voted for option 2, when it's a strategic advantage but option 3 also aplies for me. It depends a bit on the situation.
    I don't attack 3 vs 1 to often but on 12 domains if it means taking the draig tower back then I will do it but then again most people would I guess.
    If I can break a command with 3 vs 1 I would try it most of the times unless someone behind me can break it as well. Also if I can take a hut from someone with 3 vs 1 I'll do that.
    It all depends on the situation
    Music will set you free..!!

Level 7: Distinguished Contributor Dalinar is on a distinguished road Dalinar's Avatar
    3v1 (2 attacking) has good odds for the attacker so I'm a bit confused. If I'm playing 1v1 or there's any strategic advantage at all in larger games (or a card to get), I'll attack - you have a 57% chance of winning.

Level 9: Highly Acclaimed Authority on the Subject BadElmer deserves your respect BadElmer's Avatar
    To get a card, to break a command (a 1 border begs breaking), or sometimes to bring an opponent down below the multiple of 3 territories or to isolate them (their 1 is alone). The first two situations also warrant a 2v1 if necessary (and in rare cases the dreaded 3v2).

Of course the location of the 1 (for instance, blocking a much larger army) may make the decision easy.

EDIT: I'll also go 3v1 against a neutral (or opponent) in 12 domains within a domain.
    Last edited by BadElmer; 12-05-2014 at 12:19 PM.

Level 8: Renowned Expert empirejeff has good things to say empirejeff's Avatar
    "Never tell me the odds."

Forum Moderator and All Knowing God. Cardinalsrule is a glorious beacon of light Cardinalsrule is a glorious beacon of light Cardinalsrule is a glorious beacon of light Cardinalsrule's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalinar View Post
    3v1 (2 attacking) has good odds for the attacker so I'm a bit confused. If I'm playing 1v1 or there's any strategic advantage at all in larger games (or a card to get), I'll attack - you have a 57% chance of winning.
    Agree with that
    "And if you don't give up and don't give in, you may just be OK" ~ Mike and the Mechanics "The Living Years"

Level 8: Renowned Expert stone123 deserves your respect stone123's Avatar
    I will always attack 3v1 as odds in my favour.......unfortunately i loose with these odds more than win with them. My luck sucks

Forum Moderator and All Knowing God. th-child commands your respect th-child commands your respect th-child's Avatar
    In duels and 2v2 etc. I do it all the time.
    In big multiplayer games only when I'm desperate.

Level 11: Commanding General of Everything. Don't ask, just listen. I'm at 11. ndrm31 commands your respect ndrm31 commands your respect ndrm31's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by th-child View Post
    In duels and 2v2 etc. I do it all the time.
    In big multiplayer games only when I'm desperate.
    Same here

Level 7: Distinguished Contributor legionbuck has good things to say legionbuck's Avatar
    Only when needing a card for a set, and no other option.
    Machine gunners = victory thru volume