By clicking the button below you are agreeing to the terms of service.
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>.
<placeholder>
Hrvatski
Dansk
Nederlands
English
Eesti
Français
Deutsche
ελληνικά
Magyar
Italiano
Norsk
Português
Español
Svenska

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 105
1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast
    Level 10: Official Expert on all Topics in the Major Command Forum airwick knows their way around airwick's Avatar

Master of Maps: Conquer the World! doubles

Genghis Khan, Alexander the Great, Tamerlane, Atilla the Hun, Cyrus the Great, Julius Caesar, Hannibal, Adolf Hitler and Napoleon Bonaparte all tried it... and failed!

It looks like it needs two to take over the world instead of one. Is your team up for the task? Can you conquer the whole world and rule? If you think so we put your names to the test!

How will this work?

- The grand game will be played on the Classic Evolved map.

- Your team will get three territories at the start of the game.

- Territories will be assigned randomly.

- Each round your team can send in their moving orders to airwick.

-You will get a message that the next round is up. You have 48 hours to send in your moving orders. Instructions on the rounds can be found in the third post.

- The number of moving orders depends on the territories your team holds:

1 2 territories = 1 moving order
    3 5 territories = 2 moving orders
    6 9 territories = 3 moving orders
    10 14 territories = 4 moving orders
    15 20 territories = 5 moving orders
    21 27 territories = 6 moving orders
    28 and more = 7 moving orders

- Unused moving orders cannot be used in the next round.

- If your team holds a command you are allowed to do more moving orders based on the command bonus. The command bonus will be added up to your total territories. If you hold Australia you get two more territories in total. Not two extra moves!

- Multiple attacks can be ordered out of one territory.

- Territories that are attacked by multiple teams end up in 2v2v2 and so on games.

- Defenders of the territory set up the game and are allowed to use the settings they desire, except for the choosing of the map.

- If a territory is neutral and more then 1 teams attacks it the game will be played on the map listed below with the settings one path escalite.

- If only 1 team attacks a neutral territory the territory is taken by that team without a battle.

- Attackers have 30 days to conquer the territory. If the territory is not conquered the defender wins and holds the territory. The ongoing game will go the defenders and attackers go AWOL.

- If there are more then 2 teams involved and the game goes on after 30 days with the defenders defeated in the game the territory is not conquered. The defenders keep their territory, but in this situation the other teams can finish the game to fight for the points.

- Diplomacy is forbidden in the grand game and in the individual games. So no treaties and diplo messages! For breaking this rule we use the rule of the 3 strikes and your team is out.

- The maps we use will assigned as follows: battle in Africa is map Conflict: Africa!, battle in Australia is map Australia and so on... List can be found below the map in de second post.

- Buy-in is 50 points per player, prize is winner takes all.

Prize is:

1500 points for the winning team

(750 per team member)

And a fancy MoM ribbon:

Commanders and Strategists only.

This game is heavily inspired by Game of Games and the Metagame . Badorties and masterjskye, thanks for the inspiration.

Last edited by airwick; 07-09-2017 at 01:55 AM.

Level 10: Official Expert on all Topics in the Major Command Forum airwick knows their way around airwick's Avatar

Grand Game Map

Klondike, Nunavut, Greenland, St. Lawrence, Caribbean, : North America
    Pacifica, Great Plains, Eastern Seaboard: USA
    Mexico, Sunbelt: Mexican-American War
    Colombia, Peru, Amazones, Parana, Bolivia, Argentina: South America
    British Isles: British Isles
    Iceland, Scandinavia, Central Europe: Europe Massive
    European Russia, Eastern Europe : Cold War Europe
    France, Iberia, Italy: Rivals of Rome
    Balkans: Balkan Peninsula
    Maghreb, Nile, Zare, The Horn, Madagascar, Cape of Good Hope: Conflict Africa
    Yamalia, Sakha, Chukotka, The Stans: NUKES
    Middle East, Arabia: Middle East
    India, China, Mongolia, Indochina: Far East Asia
    Manchuria, Japan: Sea of Japan
    Borneo, East Indies, New Zealand: Philippines
    Outback, Eastern Australia: Australia
    Marie Byrd Land, Queen Maud Land, Wilkes Land: Mars

Last edited by airwick; 08-27-2017 at 01:17 AM.

Winners

After more then 3 years the world is conquered by:

PITMAN212
    &
    sensadrome

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
    Last edited by airwick; 08-27-2017 at 01:22 AM.

History

Round 1:

Round 2:

Round 3:

Round 4:

Round 5:

Round 6:

Round 7:

Round 8:

Round 9:

Round 10:

Round 11:

Round 12:

Round 13:

Round 14:

Round 15:

Round 16:

Round 17:

Round 18:

Round 19:

Round 20:

Round 21

Round 22

Round 23

Round 24

Round 25

Round 26

Round 27

Round 28

Round 29

Round 30

Round 31

Round 32

Round 33

Round 34

Round 35
    Last edited by airwick; 07-09-2017 at 02:11 AM.

Level 11: Commanding General of Everything. Don't ask, just listen. I'm at 11. Bluebonnet commands your respect Bluebonnet commands your respect Bluebonnet's Avatar
    A couple of questions.
    1. I assume we send move order directly to master within 48 hours. I am kind of OCD at times, Master, can you send a confirmation you have received the orders and have no questions? It would greatly reduce my stress.

2. The defending team will then get notified of who is attacking them. Since 2 of my terts may be able to be attacked by up to 3 other teams at this moment, we may want different settings depending on if it is a 4, 6, or 8 person doubles match. How long do we have to decide the settings before sending out invites? While we can proactively plan, I just like clarification on the groundrules since there is a time limit of 30 days to finish the games in each round.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gtivan View Post
    A couple of questions.
    1. I assume we send move order directly to master within 48 hours. I am kind of OCD at times, Master, can you send a confirmation you have received the orders and have no questions? It would greatly reduce my stress.

2. The defending team will then get notified of who is attacking them. Since 2 of my terts may be able to be attacked by up to 3 other teams at this moment, we may want different settings depending on if it is a 4, 6, or 8 person doubles match. How long do we have to decide the settings before sending out invites? While we can proactively plan, I just like clarification on the groundrules since there is a time limit of 30 days to finish the games in each round.

Thanks

1. Would be great if Master can do that.

2. When the 48 hours are over Master will send me the moving orders and I will post them in this thread on the first page. After I have done that you have another 48 hours to set up the games. After this 48 hours the 30 days will start.

I will update the rules etc. later today with more detailed information on how the rounds will work.

Rules etc are updated. Please check the first page of this thread!

If you have questions, please post them here and not in private messages. Thank you!
    Last edited by airwick; 08-05-2014 at 04:03 AM.

Level 7: Distinguished Contributor sensadrome commands your respect sensadrome commands your respect sensadrome's Avatar
    OK, I got a question - if one territory attacks another and that one in turn attacks the original, what happens ? Are there 2 games to play ?

Level 11: Commanding General of Everything. Don't ask, just listen. I'm at 11. Bluebonnet commands your respect Bluebonnet commands your respect Bluebonnet's Avatar
    Another question.

"- Attackers have 30 days to conquer the territory. If the territory is not conquered the defender wins and holds the territory. The ongoing game will go the defenders and attackers go AWOL."

What if there are 3 teams in the game. The defenders are taken out before 30 days expire, but the other 2 attacking teams have not achieved victory. Is the game still a draw and the defenders retain the territory? And let the other 2 teams still battle for the points.....

Quote Originally Posted by sensadrome View Post
    OK, I got a question - if one territory attacks another and that one in turn attacks the original, what happens ? Are there 2 games to play ?

Yes, then there will be 2 games.

Quote Originally Posted by gtivan View Post
    Another question.

"- Attackers have 30 days to conquer the territory. If the territory is not conquered the defender wins and holds the territory. The ongoing game will go the defenders and attackers go AWOL."

What if there are 3 teams in the game. The defenders are taken out before 30 days expire, but the other 2 attacking teams have not achieved victory. Is the game still a draw and the defenders retain the territory? And let the other 2 teams still battle for the points.....

Hmmm.... interesting point. Although the defenders are out of the game the territory is not conquered within 30 days. Therefore the defender retains the territory. I think in this situation it is fair that the other teams battle for the points.

Also another point: You can do more then one moving order from the same territory.