By clicking the button below you are agreeing to the terms of service.
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>.
<placeholder>
Hrvatski
Dansk
Nederlands
English
Eesti
Français
Deutsche
ελληνικά
Magyar
Italiano
Norsk
Português
Español
Svenska

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Map Commander RjBeals commands your respect RjBeals commands your respect RjBeals's Avatar
    too late. the change has been made.
    escuchela.. la ciudad respirando

Forum Moderator and All Knowing God. Cardinalsrule is a glorious beacon of light Cardinalsrule is a glorious beacon of light Cardinalsrule is a glorious beacon of light Cardinalsrule's Avatar
    "And if you don't give up and don't give in, you may just be OK" ~ Mike and the Mechanics "The Living Years"

Map Commander RjBeals commands your respect RjBeals commands your respect RjBeals's Avatar
    we'll give it a try. If it doesn't work, we'll change it back. I know I'm no strategist, but it seems like a reasonable change to me.
    escuchela.. la ciudad respirando

Forum Moderator and All Knowing God. Cardinalsrule is a glorious beacon of light Cardinalsrule is a glorious beacon of light Cardinalsrule is a glorious beacon of light Cardinalsrule's Avatar
    On the surface of it, I agree. However, as I said earlier, there are a LOT of places on the various maps where, by holding one tert outside of a command, you can create the kind of 'choke point' as there is on the USA map with New England and New York. Is someone going to go back and change them all based on that? I think this is a slippery slope.....
    "And if you don't give up and don't give in, you may just be OK" ~ Mike and the Mechanics "The Living Years"

Studio Production Manager Shepherd is a name known to all Shepherd is a name known to all Shepherd is a name known to all Shepherd is a name known to all Shepherd's Avatar
    I'm usually in favor of smaller bonuses for smaller commands, as a player lucky enough to grab it in the first round or two has a huge advantage. Thumbs-up from me.
    When sorrows come they come not in single spies, but in battalions.

Level 3: Occasional Commentator Lulzim is on a distinguished road Lulzim's Avatar
    There is another problem in this map. There are 48 regions so in 4 players game every player gets 12 regions. When you control 12 regions you have 4 troops to deploy. If you start first then for sure you have 4 troops to deploy, if you are second player or third or forth and players before you took a region from you then you have 11 regions and when you control 11 regions you get 3 troops to deploy in first round. This way you give advantage to first player and disadvantage to player that was attacked, and it is unfair.

48 regions is not good number for maps.
    I guess no one did calculate this because: Recommended settings Singles: 4-8p

South America is also with 48 regions. I didnt check it but if there are no starting neutrals then this map have same error.

How to fix it:

In USA you can choose a region to start neutral and then game will automatically choose 3 more regions for neutral. So with 4 neutral regions (4P game) every player will start with 11 regions and each of them will have 3 troops to deploy in first round, this is fair =)

With current version and error in this/those map i suggest to avoid 4P and 2v2 games

There are LOTS of maps that people start with 12 terts on, depending on the number of players and the number of terts. It's just an unfortunate occurrence that people whose turn is later start with fewer men. Changing it piecemeal on one or two maps isn't going to change it. The only way to change it is to make a rule that every player gets the same number of deploy first round, regardless.

Level 3: Occasional Commentator Lulzim is on a distinguished road Lulzim's Avatar
    Yes you are right, there are more maps that starts with 12 regions. In total 6 of 23 maps that you can find in wiki.

Should not be recommend to play with that amount of players in game.
    Last edited by Lulzim; 11-07-2019 at 05:27 PM.

Level 11: Commanding General of Everything. Don't ask, just listen. I'm at 11. ndrm31 commands your respect ndrm31 commands your respect ndrm31's Avatar
    Inmho usa is good as it is, a easy map for new players that wanna try something different but classic envolved
    NAMASTE