By clicking the button below you are agreeing to the terms of service.
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>.
<placeholder>
Hrvatski
Dansk
Nederlands
English
Eesti
Français
Deutsche
ελληνικά
Magyar
Italiano
Norsk
Português
Español
Svenska

+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 47
FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47
    Level 3: Occasional Commentator Lokiskittens has good things to say Lokiskittens's Avatar
    So this is so typical of our society today.

There are plenty of unfairness but right now I want to put a bandaid on this, not fix the problem.

The tournament generator has several problems of which I want to point out two.
    - Points should be deducted when the tournament starts, not when a player signs up.
    - Tourney officers/creators should go through the ranks and delete players that are AWOL

Having AWOL players suck, so does getting screwed by the drop in 1 v 1 games. I have had my share (on both sides) so lets just move along, nothing to see, these are not the droids you are looking for.

Level 11: Commanding General of Everything. Don't ask, just listen. I'm at 11. ndrm31 commands your respect ndrm31 commands your respect ndrm31's Avatar
    Talkig about that game, I just started my turn and left the clock run, due that jeff skipped his turn, sebrim has a point it s a common situation in tourneys and a risk we take when we join a tourney, besides, what wouls happen if an awols team win a side game?
    NAMASTE

Level 6: Prominent Opinion AuraCraft is on a distinguished road AuraCraft's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokiskittens View Post
    Tourney officers/creators should go through the ranks and delete players that are AWOL
    good idea, +1... if that's possible with the current tournament engine(?) I assume currently a tournament starts as soon as it's filled up with the required number of participants... that would need to be re-coded so a tournament starts after the operator manually makes it start, which seems a lot of work for the operator? checking a few dozen profiles for activity? might be easier if not logging on for over 24? hours automatically kicks one out of the participants list (if it has teams rounds)

Having AWOL players sucks, so does getting screwed by the drop in 1 v 1 games
    the problem with drops in 1 vs 1 games is, two players will never agree on whatever sidegame will be fair to both coz there's always the 1st player advantage besides the drop. With larger numbers of players, the drop becomes less influential.
    Also, that's 1 vs 1 and this is 5 vs 6, you can't compare the two. In this case there's a simple solution available.
    Last edited by AuraCraft; 12-07-2019 at 05:46 AM.
    Simple Solution for 50/50 chances in 2 player games, by AuraCraft
    1st PLAYER GETS HALF the 1st TURN's UNITS* *meaning the unconditional (territories divided by 3) bonus you receive when you start your turn* - check out my profile for more info :)

Level 6: Prominent Opinion AuraCraft is on a distinguished road AuraCraft's Avatar
    Tourney officers/creators should go through the ranks and delete players that are AWOL
    if this is possible (?)
    there are a few tournaments that havent started yet with team games and awols. (engineerairborne at least)
    thats gonna suck
    Simple Solution for 50/50 chances in 2 player games, by AuraCraft
    1st PLAYER GETS HALF the 1st TURN's UNITS* *meaning the unconditional (territories divided by 3) bonus you receive when you start your turn* - check out my profile for more info :)