By clicking the button below you are agreeing to the terms of service.
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>.
<placeholder>
Hrvatski
Dansk
Nederlands
English
Eesti
Français
Deutsche
ελληνικά
Magyar
Italiano
Norsk
Português
Español
Svenska

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 55
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Level 11: Commanding General of Everything. Don't ask, just listen. I'm at 11. ndrm31 commands your respect ndrm31 commands your respect ndrm31's Avatar
    [QUOTE=ndrm31;40755]
    Quote Originally Posted by marc369 View Post
    So How about a Mercenary tournament: So you think you the ultimate player? You have a nice shiny in flate rate I guess that it would be mad cause in escalate to eliminate a player may mean to eliminate all the remaining ones
    maybe the last game may be in flat rate

Level 7: Distinguished Contributor marc369 has good things to say marc369's Avatar
    Of course if it gets the go ahead flat rate in the last works for me

Level 8: Renowned Expert TheGeneral has good things to say TheGeneral's Avatar
    Not thought about copyright issues. Perhaps Incandenza can clear that up for us...?

Thanks

Neil

Level ∞: Shadow Master masterjskye commands your respect masterjskye commands your respect masterjskye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ajdedo View Post
    So when you say "Tournament Generator" - that means basically YOU are the "Tournament Generator"?
    Well this whole process is the generator, I am merely the Implementer. You still get a tournament of your design to play at the end of the day...

Owlcraft - Great Ideas mate! Just give me some good pictures and we're ready to rock! I especially like the sound of the MajCom royal rumble.. 96 players down to a 1 v 1.. HARDCORE = )

I like the way you've named each round, and it's something which can be incorporated on the game notes section, so keep it coming!

Ladynem - Same as Owlcraft just need some pictures, your ideas are solid. I make banners by googling 500x150 pixel images of whatever I'm after, then usually editing it in some way in windows paint program. You can also just cut a section out of another bigger picture and trim it to size, or even paint your own masterpiece. With a bit of imagination you can have a great banner quite quickly. Before I became TO I didn't think I was any good at making images but it's really quite easy if you are handy on the computer.

To answer your questions: It is easy to get the numbers wrong when calculating these tournaments. I have never had to think it out on paper before but I have devised a simple system that should make it easier to understand how to calculate the numbers right. Since a picture is worth a thousand words... I made this

The picture demonstrates a simple 3 round singles tournament, and by knowing how to work this out, you should be able to figure out how to make any tournament work simply by adapting this model.

Also, yes, Fixed Force can be used in tournament format. It is currently the only way for strategists to be able to access this game type. The tournament system is also the only way to be able to access team assassin and team mercenary game modes. The secret modes, as it were...

As for the concern about image copyright, last I heard it was still a free internet so I say don't worry yourself too much about this. Just use common sense.. no direct brand logos or anything or advertisements obviously As long as you edit it in some way I think you'll be fine.

marc369 - I noticed you messaged me. I'll answer you here because If you have a question chances are someone else does too. Better to have it all here for everyone to learn. I like your merc tourney, and yes it can be flat rate for the final! Sounds good to me... but yes I need an image from you. The image is the "hard" part and it takes a little bit of effort so take your time everyone and post up here when you're ready.

Also just to clarify as well, I will confirm the final settings if they differ from what you specified in your final submission because of system constrictions or whatever. I might also slightly tweak some wording or whatever if I feel it would sound / look better.

Level 7: Distinguished Contributor ladynem has good things to say ladynem's Avatar
    Great Masterskye, I'll walk through the calculations again and make some banners! It won't be ready today though, maybe tomorrow or thursday I'll probably alter the historical wars a bit to add at least one force fixed, to make it really about strategy.
    Last edited by ladynem; 10-09-2012 at 09:55 AM.

Level 6: Prominent Opinion OwlCraft is on a distinguished road OwlCraft's Avatar
    Here are some banners I quickly whipped up (by pulling from the web and re-sizing)...

#1 Emperor of these United States (and Protector of Mexico)

#2 Friends... to the Very End?

#3 Major Command's Official Royal Rumble!

Feel free to play around with the settings and the overall explanations. I'm more of a "general ideas" guy, and I'm perfectly fine with others touching off and improving on things...

Level 6: Prominent Opinion OwlCraft is on a distinguished road OwlCraft's Avatar
    I think it'd also be cool to make certain settings a common occurrence (but with a different theme each time). Sort of like the "Assassins Soul" series, but also one for Mercenary, one for Fixed, one for 1v1, one for No-Reinforcements, and so on.

Level 7: Distinguished Contributor ladynem has good things to say ladynem's Avatar
    Yes, I'd also like that, good idea.

Level 3: Occasional Commentator MajCody is on a distinguished road MajCody's Avatar
    Nice map choices and the fixed round on massive is a nice way to finish and determine the champion.

Level ∞: Shadow Master masterjskye commands your respect masterjskye commands your respect masterjskye's Avatar
    Okay the first of our player-submitted tournies is up! Royal Rumble awaits 95 other eager fighters