By clicking the button below you are agreeing to the terms of service.
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>.
<placeholder>
Hrvatski
Dansk
Nederlands
English
Eesti
Français
Deutsche
ελληνικά
Magyar
Italiano
Norsk
Português
Español
Svenska

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 47
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Level 6: Prominent Opinion OwlCraft is on a distinguished road OwlCraft's Avatar
    EDIT:
    Tournament: Emperor of These United States... Implemented!
    Tournament: Friends to the Very End... Implemented!
    Tournament: Official Royal Rumble... Implemented!
    Tournament: Wheel of Fortune... Not Yet Implemented

Hmm... so I was kickin' around some ideas at work today. These are what I came up with:

#1 Emperor of These United States (and Protector of Mexico)

(Inspired by the real life Emperor Norton)

Discover, Defend, and Conquer. From humble beginnings to Manifest Destiny, from obscurity to global conflict, only the strongest of minds can lead this continent through the test of time.

Total Players: 48

Round 1: Discovery (and Qualifier)

Map: Classic Antiquus

16 matches, 3 players each
    Team: Singles
    Objective: Standard
    Border - One
    (16 players advance)

Round 2: Manifest Destiny

Map: USA

4 matches, 4 players each
    Team: Doubles
    Path - One
    (8 players advance)

Round 3: Conquest

Map: North America

2 matches, 4 players each
    Path - One
    (2 players advance)

Round 4: Global Conflict

Map: Duck & Cover

1 match, 2 players
    Path - One
    (1 winner)

#2 Friends... to the Very End?

Team games that dwindle to a final round of singles. Former comrades become your next bitter enemies.

The final round is a 1v1 between the members of the doubles team from the previous round. The maps start from the larger, gentler British Isles, to the smaller, more brutal Nukes!. Reinforcement begins at "Anywhere" and moves to "Border", signifying a breakdown in trust.

Total Players: 48

Round 1: Easy Mode

Map: The British Isles

4 matches, 12 players each
    Team: Sixers
    Reinforcement: Anywhere - Three
    (24 players advance)

Round 2: Getting a little rougher, now...

Map: Africa

2 matches, 12 players each
    Team: Triples
    Path - One
    (6 players advance)

Round 3: Paranoia

Map: Cold War Europe

1 match, 6 players

Border - Three
    (2 players advance)

Round 4: There can be only one!

Map: Nukes!

1 match, 2 players
    Singles
    Border - One
    (1 winner)

#3 Major Command's Official Royal Rumble!!!

It's a no-holds barred, global melee... no allies, all singles... and only one player emerges victorious from the ring!

Total Players: 96

Round 1: Let's Get Ready to Rum~ble!

Map: Classic Massive

8 matches, 12 players each
    Reinforcement: Unlimited - Anywhere
    (8 players advance)

Round 2: It's all about Stamina!

Map: Classic Massive

2 matches, 4 players each
    Path - Three
    (2 players advance)

Round 3: The Final Beatdown!

Map: Classic Evolved

1 match, 2 players
    Path - One
    (1 winner)

#4 Wheel of Fortune X

(I had this idea about doing a series of smaller, Tarot themed games. The Wheel of Fortune card is a pretty obvious place to start... although it looks as if you guys already ran a more "luck"-themed tournament...)

Total Players: 32

Round 1

Map: Classic MINI

4 matches, 8 players each
    Path - One
    (8 players advance)

Round 2

Map: Africa

1 match, 8 players
    Objective: Mercenary
    Path - One
    (1 winner)
    Last edited by OwlCraft; 12-31-2012 at 12:42 PM.

Level 6: Prominent Opinion OwlCraft is on a distinguished road OwlCraft's Avatar
    Also...

+1 to ndrm31's No Reinforcement tourney.

+1 to ladynem's Duck & Cover tourney.

Level 8: Renowned Expert TheGeneral has good things to say TheGeneral's Avatar
    Some great ideas here guys.

I am one of the tournament organisers and would like to help you set up some tournamnets if you like, Masterjskye. You may be overrun with ideas if the great ideas already posted are an indication so if you need a hand then shout.

I would love to set up more tournaments but am somewhat restricted by my computer art skills. I do not have photoshop so have to look for images on the net which i sometimes do not have success on. If I had the banner and the theme then I could help set up too.

Keep the ideas coming and shout if you need help, Masterjskye.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGeneral View Post
    Some great ideas here guys.

You may be overrun with ideas if the great ideas already posted are an indication so if you need a hand then shout.
    Having too many good ideas is better than having too many bad ideas : D

Level 7: Distinguished Contributor ladynem has good things to say ladynem's Avatar
    LOL, that's indeed stupid of me, the singles games in the duck & cover like this
    And Masterskye, were did my calculations go wrong, you came up with way many players than I did XD It was late, I shall dive into it again this evenening when I'm more awake ;-) I'll also make the historical wars more compact then, do you mean with 'more compact' "Less rounds"? I can turn it back to 3 rounds?

Level 7: Distinguished Contributor ladynem has good things to say ladynem's Avatar
    General, I'm not a great picture editor, but I think I could come up with some banners.
    Depends on how strict you all are with copyright though, do you think it's ok to google pictures and use them as a base for editing in a banner?

Oh and another question, I can't make not-chance games in tournaments, right? I would love a not-chance (what's it called, the fixed variant), f.e. in the historical wars, to make it really about tactics. But I seem to remember that strategists can't join then...?

Level 7: Distinguished Contributor marc369 has good things to say marc369's Avatar
    So How about a Mercenary tournament: So you think you the ultimate player? You have a nice shiny badge which shows your prestige!! Well take the ultimate challenge fight your way out of Africa among all the war lords striving for supremacy, before the call comes from South America more political unrest and your talents are required, now your ego swells and you try for the world in classic massive. Beware the minnow just looking for scalps!!!

1st round: 64 players 16 4 player games Africa reinforcements 3 path force chance escalate
    2nd round: 32 players 4 4 player games S America reinforcements 3 path force chance escalate
    3rd round 4 players 1 game Classic Massive reinforcements 3 path force fixed escalite

Level 7: Distinguished Contributor marc369 has good things to say marc369's Avatar
    Liking the ideas so far

Level 11: Commanding General of Everything. Don't ask, just listen. I'm at 11. ndrm31 commands your respect ndrm31 commands your respect ndrm31's Avatar
    [QUOTE=marc369;40747]So How about a Mercenary tournament: So you think you the ultimate player? You have a nice shiny badge which shows your prestige!!

Cool, mercenary may even put us to choice at some stage of the game, what would u do, kill 1 or 2 players?, or try to win the game and to advance to the next round?, in flate rate I guess that it would be mad cause in escalate to eliminate a player may mean to eliminate all the remaining ones