By clicking the button below you are agreeing to the terms of service.
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>.
<placeholder>
Hrvatski
Dansk
Nederlands
English
Eesti
Français
Deutsche
ελληνικά
Magyar
Italiano
Norsk
Português
Español
Svenska

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 57
FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
    Level 9: Highly Acclaimed Authority on the Subject BadElmer deserves your respect BadElmer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hat7rick View Post

i think flat rate are good for head on matches eg 6v6,4v4,3v3,2v2. They are also ok in very small maps like tiny / duck & cover, also viable in the assassin format. escalite still may end in a stalemate but you have more motivation to take someone out even at later stages of the game in a possible stalemate. Still not viable for few players in huge maps like massive / balkans. e.g 4 players escalite in balkans would suck as well as 6 players escalite in massive.
    Firstly, I don't believe in stalemates (in a Chance game; Fixed is a whole 'nother thing)...just really long games. I agree, however, that some of those settings you listed above sound tedious. I did make the 4-player Philippines mercenary to give a little more incentive, and the 3-player Antiquus assassin too. The last one is a 2-player, flat with no reinforcement. I don't think any of these would be so dull as to keep too many (only looking for 23 besides yours truly) out.

Level 6: Prominent Opinion hat7rick is on a distinguished road hat7rick's Avatar
    yes but you had other settings initially no? I might have misread your original post but it seems it was edited! the format is completely fine now (it was fine before also, just not for my taste)

perhaps i missed the assassin/mercenary combo when i read your post!

Level 9: Highly Acclaimed Authority on the Subject BadElmer deserves your respect BadElmer's Avatar
    I did edit it, but not the settings (except I had accidentally put the Antiquus game on a USA map and corrected that); the other edits were just grammatical/spelling.

Anyway, I had simply noticed that I am getting low on active Tourney games and thought I'd do something about it. I'll join almost any tournament myself (except fixed). Adaptability is one of my stronger suits, so I'm very flexible about settings and generally think any settings can make a good game. That's not to say that some combinations of maps and settings aren't better games than others.

Level ∞: Shadow Master masterjskye commands your respect masterjskye commands your respect masterjskye's Avatar
    Alright, Done.

I know I'm not being as active making tournies and stuff right now so I'm just going to put it out there - any volunteers as tourney organisers are very welcome. It's super easy to do.

Forum Moderator and All Knowing God. Cardinalsrule is a glorious beacon of light Cardinalsrule is a glorious beacon of light Cardinalsrule is a glorious beacon of light Cardinalsrule's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hat7rick View Post
    thanks for changing the settings. Joining right now

i think flat rate are good for head on matches eg 6v6,4v4,3v3,2v2. They are also ok in very small maps like tiny / duck & cover, also viable in the assassin format. escalite still may end in a stalemate but you have more motivation to take someone out even at later stages of the game in a possible stalemate. Still not viable for few players in huge maps like massive / balkans. e.g 4 players escalite in balkans would suck as well as 6 players escalite in massive.

that's just my opinion
    I concur. Escalite is basically just a stalemate waiting to happen, except in the cases Hat mentioned
    "And if you don't give up and don't give in, you may just be OK" ~ Mike and the Mechanics "The Living Years"

Level 6: Prominent Opinion hat7rick is on a distinguished road hat7rick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by masterjskye View Post
    Alright, Done.

I know I'm not being as active making tournies and stuff right now so I'm just going to put it out there - any volunteers as tourney organisers are very welcome. It's super easy to do.
    I would volunteer but i wouldn't like creating tourneys with less than 10 points entrance

Level ∞: Shadow Master masterjskye commands your respect masterjskye commands your respect masterjskye's Avatar
    It's usually Bado's call on who gets what "level" of TO.. but I can ask him to give you both at least a 10 point buy in. I agree it feels pointless going lower sometimes. shall I submit your application?

Quote Originally Posted by masterjskye View Post
    It's usually Bado's call on who gets what "level" of TO.. but I can ask him to give you both at least a 10 point buy in. I agree it feels pointless going lower sometimes. shall I submit your application?
    I will consider it a bit more and let you know!

Level 6: Prominent Opinion blublank knows their way around blublank's Avatar
    Since the original died, can you remake this one? I want to try playing it to the end?

Quote Originally Posted by blublank View Post
    I've got one that I want to play, simply because its my favorite map, and type. 12 Domains, Unlimited, Anywhere.

Not sure about the buy in (I'd like 5 points), or the breakdown (70/20/10?).

Anyway, onto the specifics:

Team Dragons

To truly master the Dragon, One must start with teamwork. Only through your experience working with others, will you be able to defeat this mythical beast. Of course, as you progress in your training, youll find yourself relying on fewer partners to complete the task. In the end, only the greatest will be left standing. The Chosen One.

Round 1:
    "To win this round, your entire team must work together to defeat your enemy"
    (8 games) (96 players)
    12 Domains
    Players: 12
    Objective: Standard
    Teams: Sixers
    Reserves: Escalate
    Reinforcement allowance: Unlimited
    Reinforcement: Anywhere
    Force: Chance

Round 2:
    "You've learned the basic skills needed to defeat the beast, but youll still need help along your way."
    (6 games) (48 players)
    12 Domains
    Players: 8
    Teams: Quads

Round 3:
    "Only two companions by your side now. Can you still win?"
    (4 games) (24 players)
    12 Domains
    Players: 6
    Teams: Triples

Round 4:
    "Youre not ready to go it aloneyet."
    (3 game) (12 players)
    12 Domains
    Players: 4
    Teams: Doubles

Round 5:
    "Youve worked well as a team... so far. But to be The Chosen One, you must go it alone."
    (1 game) (6 players)
    12 Domains
    Players: 6
    Teams: singles

And a pretty little picture:

Sure, I can re make that for you. But Until I hear that MrMarcos has fixed the recent bug where tournaments are not starting or progressing properly I don't think I want to be making anything new.