By clicking the button below you are agreeing to the terms of service.
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>.
<placeholder>
Hrvatski
Dansk
Nederlands
English
Eesti
Français
Deutsche
ελληνικά
Magyar
Italiano
Norsk
Português
Español
Svenska

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 60
FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    Banned iLoveBadDiceBANNED deserves your respect iLoveBadDiceBANNED's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ndrm31 View Post
    Im up, to create 1 vs 1 in each map, and open to suggestion for settings to create them, let say now that the 1st 2 started, to create another two tourneys
    Working on it ... as we speak ...

Level 11: Commanding General of Everything. Don't ask, just listen. I'm at 11. ndrm31 commands your respect ndrm31 commands your respect ndrm31's Avatar
    4 brand new open tourneys, I just post it here, so it appear on the last forums post, anyone is welcomed to suggest ideas for new tournaments, lets keep this tread alive !!!!

Level 6: Prominent Opinion CaptSweatpants deserves your respect CaptSweatpants's Avatar
    As someone raised on old school Risk I thought a tourney in honor of the game that brought most of us here would be in order.

Map is Classic evolved
    64 players with 4 players and 2 neutrals per game
    16 games in the first round, 4 in the second and 1 finals match

Standard
    Singles
    Sequential
    Escalate
    One
    Border
    Chance

it would be neat to have random 3 army placement to start the first round
    random country assignment but place your own armies the second
    and chose your countries and place your armies in the finals

(not sure if any of that last part is possible with the software)

Buy in is 10 points and payout is

1- 320
    2- 200
    3- 100
    4- 20

I put a basic banner up at http://projects.wow-design.com/mindworks/tourney.jpg
    but have a more Risk oriented one that is nicer if copyright laws allow.

Thanks for any consideration...

Paul @ wow-design
    Damn... lost another stripe

Level ∞: Shadow Master masterjskye commands your respect masterjskye commands your respect masterjskye's Avatar
    Hey Paul, thanks for the idea.

Unfortunately we are unable to make special rules like the ones you have suggested such as neutrals, or special country / troop placement options. It would be awesome, but right now it's just not possible.

So - with that in mind, I went ahead and made it standard 4 players each game, and used the banner you linked. I highly doubt any copyright laws would ever come into the equation, but better safe than sorry I suppose, especially when it is regarding a similar product.

Also the way the prizes work is slightly different in that you can split up the percentages such as 80,20 or 70,20,10. This means that whoever wins gets the first number, then everyone else in the final gets an equal split of the second number, and any other numbers after that get split between all participants of the previous round. My initial instinct was to make it a 50,50 split but we still don't know for sure if custom splits will work (still waiting for a tourney that I tried it on to finish so we can know). So just to be safe I made it an 80,20 since we know for sure that will work as it's been used since the beginning.

Anyway, here it is http://www.majorcommand.com/Tourname...urnamentId=273

Level 6: Prominent Opinion hat7rick is on a distinguished road hat7rick's Avatar
    Hey Master i d appreciate it if you can create this tourney:

Survival of the Fittest Assassins ..

Total players 36
    Buy in: 20 points

First round 12 games, 3 players each:
    Map Africa
    Assassin mode
    Escalite
    One reinforcement, path
    Chance

2nd Round: 1 game, 12 players(triples though!):
    Balkans
    Normal mode.
    Escalite
    One reinforcement Path
    Chance

Winners are 3 and they split the reward points, namely 240 points each.
    Let me know if all is feasible and I will create the rest of the required details. Banner, story and title!

Level ∞: Shadow Master masterjskye commands your respect masterjskye commands your respect masterjskye's Avatar
    It's actually not feasible I'm afraid as there is a bug where if the final is a team game, nobody gets any points and the tourney remains unfinished.

It is okay to have team games elsewhere in the tourney, just not in the final.

Level 6: Prominent Opinion hat7rick is on a distinguished road hat7rick's Avatar
    oh nevermind then. i ll wait until it's fixed, i really like the idea of having a final team game with skilled players! i feels it adds so much more to the game

Forum Moderator and All Knowing God. Cardinalsrule is a glorious beacon of light Cardinalsrule is a glorious beacon of light Cardinalsrule is a glorious beacon of light Cardinalsrule's Avatar
    I'd also like to say that you might want to rethink that first round, hat. 3-player on Africa, escalite? That's a formula for stalemate.
    "And if you don't give up and don't give in, you may just be OK" ~ Mike and the Mechanics "The Living Years"

it's assassin and because of the nature of the map there's no place to hide really. u can attack from everywhere. It's also big enough to allow for the most skilled ones to win (less chance factor)

Forum Moderator and All Knowing God. Cardinalsrule is a glorious beacon of light Cardinalsrule is a glorious beacon of light Cardinalsrule is a glorious beacon of light Cardinalsrule's Avatar
    I know about assassin, hat. I think I can say safely that I've won more assassin games, by far, than anyone on this site. Because of Tutor and I, they stopped team assassin as a setting, except in tourneys..... I still think that 3-player, escalite will lead to stalemate.

Just make it escalate.......
    Last edited by Cardinalsrule; 09-26-2013 at 03:34 PM.
    "And if you don't give up and don't give in, you may just be OK" ~ Mike and the Mechanics "The Living Years"