By clicking the button below you are agreeing to the terms of service.
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>.
<placeholder>
Hrvatski
Dansk
Nederlands
English
Eesti
Français
Deutsche
ελληνικά
Magyar
Italiano
Norsk
Português
Español
Svenska

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13
1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Level 3: Occasional Commentator Congentiatos is on a distinguished road Congentiatos's Avatar

Playing MajCom on Mobile Devices

Has anyone tried accessing the site via their Smartphone internet browser...Although the screen shots are sure to be small, it would be great to catch-up to your game while traveling or otherwise away from your computer. It would keep you from having to go AWOL or some kind of vacation trade-off. Might also be a great marketing tool to have a MajCom app for Smartphones. Just a thought I am not technical enough to see an app development through.

Ambassador Spazm deserves your respect Spazm's Avatar
    I tried it on an iPhone; it seemed to be functional but unfortunately I was in a terrible service area and I was never able to get the map to fully load.

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island) Badorties is a name known to all Badorties is a name known to all Badorties is a name known to all Badorties is a name known to all Badorties's Avatar
    Mobile apps are on the road map. Gotta get to 1.0 first though.

Level 3: Occasional Commentator Congentiatos is on a distinguished road Congentiatos's Avatar
    Thanks for the follow-up...Spazm I have an iPhone too so I'll give it a try in a little bit and see what happens.

Senior Cartographer WidowMakers is a glorious beacon of light WidowMakers is a glorious beacon of light WidowMakers is a glorious beacon of light WidowMakers's Avatar
    My iTouch does not work since the site uses flash
    I have logged in on my ENV Touch

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island) Badorties is a name known to all Badorties is a name known to all Badorties is a name known to all Badorties is a name known to all Badorties's Avatar
    iTouch? ew....

OK, I gave it a try on my iPhone 3GS via my home Wi-Fi and the game maps just are to much to load...I gave up after about 5 minutes and the maps were still loading. I tired both the classic and mini maps each. If they can't load via Wi-Fi there not going to load with the phone service data plans like 3G or 4G. But something to think about for the future once the online version is out of beta and maybe into 1.1 or 1.2?

switching to missiles! codanostra is a glorious beacon of light codanostra is a glorious beacon of light codanostra is a glorious beacon of light codanostra's Avatar
    i have a moto droid 2.2 and maps load fine for me over 3g. whole site is functional, although i can't take turns.
    "To roll poorly once may be regarded as misfortune. To roll poorly twice looks like carelessness."

Jr. Programmer I Evan is a name known to all Evan is a name known to all Evan is a name known to all Evan is a name known to all Evan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Congentiatos View Post
    OK, I gave it a try on my iPhone 3GS via my home Wi-Fi and the game maps just are to much to load...I gave up after about 5 minutes and the maps were still loading. I tired both the classic and mini maps each. If they can't load via Wi-Fi there not going to load with the phone service data plans like 3G or 4G. But something to think about for the future once the online version is out of beta and maybe into 1.1 or 1.2?
    Its not that the maps are too much. If you zoom in and look close at the background you'll see something like "this site requires flash". It looks like its loading the map, but it isn't. Its just sitting there showing you a meaningless progress bar.

Moderator ORBOTRON is a name known to all ORBOTRON is a name known to all ORBOTRON is a name known to all ORBOTRON is a name known to all ORBOTRON's Avatar
    Iphones can't use flash