By clicking the button below you are agreeing to the terms of service.
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>.
<placeholder>
Hrvatski
Dansk
Nederlands
English
Eesti
Français
Deutsche
ελληνικά
Magyar
Italiano
Norsk
Português
Español
Svenska

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island) Badorties is a name known to all Badorties is a name known to all Badorties is a name known to all Badorties is a name known to all Badorties's Avatar
    Evan can speak on this, but its something we would like to do.

Jr. Programmer I Evan is a name known to all Evan is a name known to all Evan is a name known to all Evan is a name known to all Evan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stonebergftw View Post
    Any idea if there will be an eventual migration from Flash, to HTML5 so that the games will be playable from iDevices?
    Migrate, no.
    Port, yes.

Not sure if you meant it like that but I figured I'd clarify. The flash client will live on, and other clients (with html5 being high on the list) will be created too.

Moderator ORBOTRON is a name known to all ORBOTRON is a name known to all ORBOTRON is a name known to all ORBOTRON is a name known to all ORBOTRON's Avatar
    I'm as giddy as a little schoolgirl about this, but I know there's a lot to be done before Evan has time to work on it.

Level 6: Prominent Opinion stonebergftw knows their way around stonebergftw's Avatar
    Ipad is a wonderful medium for this site. The potential is through the roof... especially because it could remain a web app and wouldn't have to go through the app store. Mobile Safari is you're friend in this case.

Level 6: Prominent Opinion giuppi is on a distinguished road giuppi's Avatar

Playing MajCom on Mobile Devices

I'm traveling these weeks and I have a Nexus S (Android Gingerbread) with me. Its browser doesn't allow me to play games (maps get stuck loading at two stars). I've tried using Opera, but with the same result.
    I was wondering, does anybody have any positive MC experience with any smartphone?

switching to missiles! codanostra is a glorious beacon of light codanostra is a glorious beacon of light codanostra is a glorious beacon of light codanostra's Avatar
    We do not officially support mobile devices. On my own android device i've had hit or miss success trying to play majcom. Sometimes it loads just fine, other times it does not. Make sure you are using the full version of Flash, and not Flash Lite.
    "To roll poorly once may be regarded as misfortune. To roll poorly twice looks like carelessness."

Level 3: Occasional Commentator alazyguy knows their way around alazyguy's Avatar
    I've played MC on an Android phone.
    It took me 15-20 minutes to take a turn though. Would keep hitting the link to a player's profile instead of "start turn," "end assault," or "end turn."
    Pissed me off so bad.
    And yeah... sometimes load would fail and I'd have to refresh.

Level 1: Faint Background Noise X-DEADBOY-X is on a distinguished road X-DEADBOY-X's Avatar
    I have only been playing for the past week and I have used my phone to play. I have a Motorola Bravo running Android 2.2 and it works great. Like alazyguy said, I clicked my profile a few times at first, but with the pinch zoom ability I solved that problem. Average time would be about 10 to 20 minutes to take my turn. Pretty good considering I can't make my moves at work since we have a filter against game sites and I can't make my moves during lunch.

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island) Badorties is a name known to all Badorties is a name known to all Badorties is a name known to all Badorties is a name known to all Badorties's Avatar
    i take turns on my android motorola zoom tablet. works fine.

switching to missiles! codanostra is a glorious beacon of light codanostra is a glorious beacon of light codanostra is a glorious beacon of light codanostra's Avatar
    MC works much more consistently on my new phone (Droid X2). Very smooth, definitely less than 20 minutes to take a turn
    "To roll poorly once may be regarded as misfortune. To roll poorly twice looks like carelessness."