By clicking the button below you are agreeing to the terms of service.
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>.
<placeholder>
Hrvatski
Dansk
Nederlands
English
Eesti
Français
Deutsche
ελληνικά
Magyar
Italiano
Norsk
Português
Español
Svenska

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14
FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14
    Level 7: Distinguished Contributor PITMAN212 knows their way around PITMAN212's Avatar
    small maps are my favorite

Level 7: Distinguished Contributor SamPaul has good things to say SamPaul's Avatar

Ok so this might have come up before but what about for something rather different a D&D style map where each room has different challenges (differing amounts of troops to kill for different bonuses) and maybe stacked bonuses so taking 3 'red rooms' would double the bonus you receive from them.

Then start players from different sides of the map (like 12 domains) so they first have to grab some bonuses before they can tackle each other.

Dont know if the picture illustrates what I'm tying to say too well but if the map has any interest let me know and I can jump on photoshop and see if I can knock a rough up with some rules?

Level 5: Notable Commentator Intrpt is on a distinguished road Intrpt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PITMAN212 View Post
    small maps are my favorite
    Another +1 for small map which is good for 1vs1 without positioning advantage on first turn (coinflip).
    Sorry for my english...

Level 7: Distinguished Contributor F15FreeEagle is on a distinguished road F15FreeEagle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SamPaul View Post

Ok so this might have come up before but what about for something rather different a D&D style map where each room has different challenges (differing amounts of troops to kill for different bonuses) and maybe stacked bonuses so taking 3 'red rooms' would double the bonus you receive from them.

Then start players from different sides of the map (like 12 domains) so they first have to grab some bonuses before they can tackle each other.

Dont know if the picture illustrates what I'm tying to say too well but if the map has any interest let me know and I can jump on photoshop and see if I can knock a rough up with some rules?
    I love the idea here

Level 4: Recognized Voice RogueLynx is on a distinguished road RogueLynx's Avatar
    what about a map where you've got 5 groups of cities from different geographical locations. there are 5-6 cities in each group. so b/w 25 and 30 cities in total. each city is divided into 5-12 territories and acts as an individual command. cities of the same group are linked to each other via railways/highways/waterways. one of the cities in each group has an airfield associated with it. capture the airfield to paradrop whatever troops you have stationed there to any one of several designated drop points in another city group on your next turn. so i capture the airfield and have 4 troops stationed there at the end of my turn. next turn i deploy five more and now i can drop a total of 9 troops at whichever drop point. but its a oneway trip. the airfield resets to neutral once the drop is made. like the Sea of Japan but a little different because it doesn't reset until you've moved out. one will have to make it so that when you select a point to drop to, it automatically blitzes and advances all. that is possible right? (please say yes). the drop points exist in the outlying areas of cities and can't be attacked from the city. like the ship in Mexican-American War. and once you move your troops out of a drop point it resets to neutral.
    Last edited by RogueLynx; 01-28-2017 at 01:18 PM.

Level 2: Familiar Sound 9lives2live is on a distinguished road 9lives2live's Avatar
    I agree! I would like to see a map for constellations possibly? A star map or solar system domination.

Level 2: Familiar Sound 9lives2live is on a distinguished road 9lives2live's Avatar
    I like the ideas by steelrain, esp. for a pandemic, or pangea type map.

I think a good expansion for maps would be from major cities/landmarks. New York City with the five neighborhoods, Queens, Bronx, Staten Island, Brooklyn, and Manhatten, or could be L.A. for larger size map, or other world class tourist cities.