By clicking the button below you are agreeing to the terms of service.
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>.
<placeholder>
Hrvatski
Dansk
Nederlands
English
Eesti
Français
Deutsche
ελληνικά
Magyar
Italiano
Norsk
Português
Español
Svenska

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14
1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Studio Production Manager Shepherd is a name known to all Shepherd is a name known to all Shepherd is a name known to all Shepherd is a name known to all Shepherd's Avatar

What do you want to see in a map?

Simple question: What kind of map would you like to play on?

This is just a question an answer thread - let's not get wrapped up discussing one map idea, because if an idea is worthy of discussion it deserves its own thread. It's fine to be specific of as general as you like - we just want to know what our users want to play.
    Last edited by Shepherd; 02-04-2012 at 12:39 PM.
    When sorrows come they come not in single spies, but in battalions.

Forum Moderator and All Knowing God. Cardinalsrule is a glorious beacon of light Cardinalsrule is a glorious beacon of light Cardinalsrule is a glorious beacon of light Cardinalsrule's Avatar
    I like the continent maps and am really looking forward to the release of the Africa, Australia and the Middle East maps. Also fond of 'concept' or 'time period' maps, such as the cold war Europe map. A WWII Pacific map would be really great (as an example), and other war-time 'theatre' maps. The Civil War, the Revolutionary War (a 13 colonies map, perhaps with the British fleet, Canadian provinces, and the western "Indian territories" as additional terts), maybe the Roman Empire.
    "And if you don't give up and don't give in, you may just be OK" ~ Mike and the Mechanics "The Living Years"

Moderator ORBOTRON is a name known to all ORBOTRON is a name known to all ORBOTRON is a name known to all ORBOTRON is a name known to all ORBOTRON's Avatar
    I like big maps and I cannot lie....

Senior Cartographer WidowMakers is a glorious beacon of light WidowMakers is a glorious beacon of light WidowMakers is a glorious beacon of light WidowMakers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ORBOTRON View Post
    I like big maps and I cannot lie....
    you otha playas can't deny.
    When a map loads up in 1000 pixel space
    A bunch of regions in yo' face. You get FUN.

----------------------------------
    But any specific theme or region you would like to see big maps in?

Level 7: Distinguished Contributor Blondo has good things to say Blondo's Avatar
    Now, this is the story all about how
    My life got flipped-turned upside down
    And I'd like to take a minute
    Just sit right there
    I'll tell you how I became the general of a site called MajCom

(oh yeah it has to do with maps I guess?)

Level 5: Notable Commentator diogenes has good things to say diogenes's Avatar
    I second Card's idea of concept/time period maps.

Forum Moderator and All Knowing God. Cardinalsrule is a glorious beacon of light Cardinalsrule is a glorious beacon of light Cardinalsrule is a glorious beacon of light Cardinalsrule's Avatar
    Bump to bring this back to the front so that more see it (and respond, hopefully)
    "And if you don't give up and don't give in, you may just be OK" ~ Mike and the Mechanics "The Living Years"

Level 7: Distinguished Contributor Dreadnought has good things to say Dreadnought's Avatar
    I would like to see the 30 year war as a map. The main battle ground was what we today call Germany. However Germany at this time was split up into many small and more or less independent states, so the map should be very interesting with many territories and also many neighbouring states fighting for many different reasons and objectives beyond the religous one. Many things make this war interesting but more interesting in a development aspect for majcom might be that the armies had to be on the move, otherwise armies could not be paid or supplied and would slowly diminish. This made the armies move about trying to outmanoeuver each other so that enemy armies could be fought with superiority in both numbers and terrain. However this idea really calls for the development of same time game play.
    1.Each person has an equal claim to a fully adequate scheme of basic rights and liberties, which scheme is compatible with the same scheme for all; and in this scheme the equal political liberties, and only those liberties, are to be guaranteed their fair value.
    2.Social and economic inequalities are to satisfy two conditions: first, they are to be attached to positions and offices open to all under conditions of fair equality of opportunity; and second, they are to be to the greatest benefit of the least advantaged members of society.

Level 6: Prominent Opinion steelrain knows their way around steelrain's Avatar
    What makes a map outstanding to me is when it transports me to another time/place... I'm a General in the Civil War, a conquistador braving the central american swamps, a martian colonizing mars, etc. Also I like each map to have its own distinct flavor that requires some unique strategies specific to that map. For example, South America has the rivers. Twelve Domains and Mars map introduce one or two new rules. So rather than feeling like I am playing the same old game on a different map, it feels like I am playing a brand new game in which I already know the rules.

Totally love what you guys are doing! YOUR MAPS ARE FREAKIN AWESOME!!!

Steelrain
    Last edited by steelrain; 02-22-2012 at 03:47 PM.

Level 6: Prominent Opinion steelrain knows their way around steelrain's Avatar
    Here are some map idea/theme brainstorms (or farts):

1.) Catacombs of Rome (or Vietnam War) with territories that connect via tunnels
    2.) Worldwide Panademic, with players representing different viruses/bacteria
    3.) Mob Wars, monopolies on certain contraband goods would lead to command bonuses
    4.) 13th century Venice with its unique blend of canals and bridges would make for an interesting map
    5.) Western Cowboy theme would be interesting, commands could be based on available grazing land
    6.) Pangea map with changing landscape (encroaching ice and/or volcanos that bleed away troops)... I especially like this idea (wink, wink)

Whadda you guys think?

Steelrain