By clicking the button below you are agreeing to the terms of service.
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>.
<placeholder>
Hrvatski
Dansk
Nederlands
English
Eesti
Français
Deutsche
ελληνικά
Magyar
Italiano
Norsk
Português
Español
Svenska

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island) Badorties is a name known to all Badorties is a name known to all Badorties is a name known to all Badorties is a name known to all Badorties's Avatar

Where in the World is Badorties 3!

So I decided to go on vacation, and would you believe it, I was abducted as soon as I left my house. Some 36 hours later I find myself in the back of some pickup truck with a camper conversion. I need your help to locate me so the local authorities can be contacted.

If you can save me I will give you this tour of duty award.

The man guarding me in the truck is a nice man, and I can ask him questions about where I am, but he will only answer "yes" or "no". So I need your help in figuring out which questions to ask because he says he will only answer 10.

If you want to ask a question, do so in this thread. If the questioned is "seconded" by someone else in the thread, I will ask it of the guard.

In order to free me, you must provide an approximate address, as well as the color and make of the truck, so the police can find me. Each person can only guess the location once, so be sure!. First to guess correctly and post their guess in this thread wins the tour of duty badge.

I was able to snap the following photos with my phone before it was taken. They were taken seconds before the truck parked it self in its current location. From the sounds of it, I may be near some small flea market.

I hope this helps.

It's up to you to find me, can you do it?

Please discuss all hunches and clues in this thread, it's going to take some teamwork this time!
    Last edited by Badorties; 11-11-2011 at 05:05 AM.

Level 8: Renowned Expert FLAGG deserves your respect FLAGG's Avatar
    COOL! Don't worry - your major command team will find you. Andraste will probably find you in the next hour - based on when you were lost last time

So MC team.........looks like he is somewhere where driving is on the Left side of the street - so that knocks out a chunk of the world - and the USA. Also looks like the majority of cars are older.........and the weather and beach looks nice.......

FLAGG
    Last edited by FLAGG; 11-11-2011 at 06:22 AM. Reason: spelled name wrong

Level 6: Prominent Opinion Andraste knows their way around Andraste's Avatar
    I'm on it!

Level 9: Highly Acclaimed Authority on the Subject mapguy has good things to say mapguy's Avatar
    Did you guys notice the 3 flags in the bottom picture ?

Moderator ORBOTRON is a name known to all ORBOTRON is a name known to all ORBOTRON is a name known to all ORBOTRON is a name known to all ORBOTRON's Avatar

So it's somewhere in the blue countries. Combined with the palm trees, I think we can eliminate the British Isles.

Moderator ORBOTRON is a name known to all ORBOTRON is a name known to all ORBOTRON is a name known to all ORBOTRON is a name known to all ORBOTRON's Avatar
    I'd like to know if Bado is in the southern hemisphere, anyone care to second?

Also, contrary to popular belief, there is not a McDonalds in every country on earth. After we get the hemisphere answer, I say we then further eliminate countries with no McDonalds.

Level 9: Highly Acclaimed Authority on the Subject mapguy has good things to say mapguy's Avatar
    I think that you could narrow it down further if you ask "Is English the official language".
    The flag on the left could be Australian, but wouldn't the country flag be in the center ?
    Also do not let the palms fool you, as there are many places that plant them even though they are not indigenous to the locale. Southern California for example.

My first impressions were Aust. and S. Africa, but the people look more S. American to me.

If the sign hanging from the streetlight could be figured out...
    Last edited by mapguy; 11-11-2011 at 09:18 AM.

Level 5: Notable Commentator diogenes has good things to say diogenes's Avatar
    I'll second the southern hemisphere question. Then we can see which way the beach is facing.

Someone needs to enhance those signs.

Map Commander RjBeals commands your respect RjBeals commands your respect RjBeals's Avatar
    escuchela.. la ciudad respirando

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 ... LastLast