By clicking the button below you are agreeing to the terms of service.
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>.
<placeholder>
Hrvatski
Dansk
Nederlands
English
Eesti
Français
Deutsche
ελληνικά
Magyar
Italiano
Norsk
Português
Español
Svenska

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6
1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Level 4: Recognized Voice theycallmesquirtle is on a distinguished road theycallmesquirtle's Avatar

Games Without Points or UDO's

I would like to suggest a new feature to be implimented - a "non-competetive" option in game creation.

By Non cometetive, I mean that there should be a setting where you can create a game, and play with all your friends or random noobs that you want to help out and counsel on strategy, and you can select that there be no point loss or gain on the ladders based on the outcome. It sucks to lose to your real life firends who are cadets and lose over 100 points in a 3 man FFA match. It would also be nice I think for some such as Orbo who like to start games for "new players only" to be able to help these players without losing massive ammounts of points.
    Last edited by masterjskye; 09-25-2016 at 07:14 AM.
    One day, the world will come to know me as Blastoise

Level 6: Prominent Opinion stonebergftw knows their way around stonebergftw's Avatar

Non-Ranked Matches.

I agree with this option in an urgent way.
    Last edited by masterjskye; 09-25-2016 at 07:22 AM.
    Measure yourself by the people who measure themselves by you

Super Moderator and Forum Commander thone deserves your respect thone's Avatar
    I like this idea!
    Last edited by masterjskye; 09-25-2016 at 07:22 AM.

Level 3: Occasional Commentator LonBon is on a distinguished road LonBon's Avatar

Non-Ranked Matches.

So, I think it would be really great to have a setting where the game is not "ranked", i.e. points aren't at stake. This is useful when you have friends that are a lot higher or lower than you, so you can play together just for funsies without risking you rank. My friend Squirtle is a much higher rank than me, and he's brought this issue before. I'd be nice for people like him to be able to play with their lowbie friends without the chance of going down in rank.
    To secure peace is to prepare for war.

switching to missiles! codanostra is a glorious beacon of light codanostra is a glorious beacon of light codanostra is a glorious beacon of light codanostra's Avatar
    agreed to the 10th degree
    "To roll poorly once may be regarded as misfortune. To roll poorly twice looks like carelessness."

Level 9: Highly Acclaimed Authority on the Subject mapguy has good things to say mapguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by codanostra View Post
    agreed to the 10th degree
    agreed to the 11th degree. This would make it possible to take on a little tutoring without making your rank suffer for it.

Senior Cartographer WidowMakers is a glorious beacon of light WidowMakers is a glorious beacon of light WidowMakers is a glorious beacon of light WidowMakers's Avatar
    I suggested this for individual-clan-ONLY practice because.......

There are issues with doing this because a player could gain large amount of points and still play but never lose.
    I hit 4,000 and never play a ranked game again = My points don't go down.

Level 3: Occasional Commentator LonBon is on a distinguished road LonBon's Avatar
    I see what you're saying there Wids. Maybe limiting the amount of non-ranked games, or putting them in a clearly definable category that says they aren't playing "real" games, maybe enact a policy stating you have to have a least one real game to play a fake one... there could be other solutions.
    To secure peace is to prepare for war.

Level 8: Renowned Expert AAFitz deserves your respect AAFitz's Avatar
    Ive always loved the idea of practice games. I do think they have to be limits on them, but I feel taking points out of the equation, can allow the real fun of the game to really shine through. I dont believe the points should dictate every game you play, but obviously, if someone was say at....3800, and wanted to play someone at 1800... a loss, would be rather severe.

Going along with widows idea, I think perhaps the easiest might be a certain number per month, be it 5, 10 or 20...or whatever makes the most sense. Myself, I think some kind of monetary system could regulate them, but thats pretty messy, and really ends up seeming petty, which if I had to guess, is the complete opposite of the MC religion.
    Last edited by AAFitz; 07-15-2011 at 02:11 PM.

Studio Production Manager Shepherd is a name known to all Shepherd is a name known to all Shepherd is a name known to all Shepherd is a name known to all Shepherd's Avatar
    I'd like to see some kind of "friendly" game option, but i really don't like the idea of putting caps or quotas on playing features. If somebody is going to pay to use the site, they shouldn't have to watch how many of this or that they can access... features are features. And how would you police a quota - have a squad watching to make sure somebody is playing for points? Automatically take points away? That's no good.

Wid's notion of allowing clan-only practice games is a great idea, as it allows for "friendlies" among folks who know each other. It doesn't give the option to new players, but really, how many new players are more concerned about their points than they are about just getting into a game? Obsessing over your score usually comes later, after you've gotten a few wins behind you.
    When sorrows come they come not in single spies, but in battalions.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6
1 2 3 ... LastLast