By clicking the button below you are agreeing to the terms of service.
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>.
<placeholder>
Hrvatski
Dansk
Nederlands
English
Eesti
Français
Deutsche
ελληνικά
Magyar
Italiano
Norsk
Português
Español
Svenska

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Level 3: Occasional Commentator LonBon is on a distinguished road LonBon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
    we could solve the entire problem by saying that one missed turn in a Friendly takes you straight to AWOL, and there's no coming back... no waiting around for three days for a player to miss repeated turns. That way we wouldn't need to create any new limits, minimum requirements, or consequences.
    Wunderbar!
    To secure peace is to prepare for war.

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island) Badorties is a name known to all Badorties is a name known to all Badorties is a name known to all Badorties is a name known to all Badorties's Avatar
    I love the idea of putting new players automatically into a New Players clan. It doesn't have to be competitive and in fact shouldn't be as they would be in any leagues or competitions.

But im not sure how no-point games integrate into that. I think they should be separate things.

Studio Production Manager Shepherd is a name known to all Shepherd is a name known to all Shepherd is a name known to all Shepherd is a name known to all Shepherd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Badorties View Post
    I love the idea of putting new players automatically into a New Players clan. It doesn't have to be competitive and in fact shouldn't be as they would be in any leagues or competitions.

But im not sure how no-point games integrate into that. I think they should be separate things.
    Widowmakers had the brilliant notion of making no-point games something that was only available through one's clan - it's a natural fit, since folks within a clan may want to have social games or low-stakes games to try out new maps/features. Since new players generally aren't part of a clan, the only way they'd have access to no-point games is through a New Players Clan. That's the only connection.

And you're right, it shouldn't be a competitive clan. But I would say that as soon as a player wants to join another clan they should be required to leave New Players. (Actually, we will need to hash out a lot of details about this clan... new thread!)
    When sorrows come they come not in single spies, but in battalions.

Level 3: Occasional Commentator corcovado is on a distinguished road corcovado's Avatar
    I like the idea of unranked games but I do not really see the need for limiting the number a user can play for the following reasons:

1) I do not see how it will abuse the system any more than playing ranked games. Most people will play the same amount of games whether they are ranked or not. Additionally, if people do play more games than I do not see how that is a bad thing for the site.

2) It will control itself, my experience from the chess site I play at is most people want to play ranked games and unranked games make up less than 5% of the games played on the site.

I also liked the idea of New players getting placed in the New Players Guild. I think that the admins of the clan should be Greeters though. Volunteer veteran players who will invite the new players into an unranked game and are able to answer their questions. This is done on the chess site I play at, the advantage of using unranked games is the veteran player does not need to worry about losing points to 1200 ranked players.

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island) Badorties is a name known to all Badorties is a name known to all Badorties is a name known to all Badorties is a name known to all Badorties's Avatar
    I think it would make sense to allow Commander Class to start non-ranked matches. and everyone else can join them.

Moderator ORBOTRON is a name known to all ORBOTRON is a name known to all ORBOTRON is a name known to all ORBOTRON is a name known to all ORBOTRON's Avatar
    how about we make them password only?

Quote Originally Posted by ORBOTRON View Post
    how about we make them password only?
    that would just make them hard to fill.

Senior Cartographer WidowMakers is a glorious beacon of light WidowMakers is a glorious beacon of light WidowMakers is a glorious beacon of light WidowMakers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Badorties View Post
    I think it would make sense to allow Commander Class to start non-ranked matches. and everyone else can join them.
    I like this. it eliminates the clan only thing, it allows paying users to practice and noobs will be less likely to make a nd drop them since many might not pay yet.

Moderator ORBOTRON is a name known to all ORBOTRON is a name known to all ORBOTRON is a name known to all ORBOTRON is a name known to all ORBOTRON's Avatar
    So the problems we've come up with are:

1) people abusing it to get medals FIX: make the practice games count for nothing, no UDO, CUDO, POINTS, OD, nothing.

2) people cheating FIX: Not a big deal, gives me and the MCCIC something to do.

3) People getting a high score and sitting there, playing only practice games FIX: ? do we really care if this happens?

Senior Cartographer WidowMakers is a glorious beacon of light WidowMakers is a glorious beacon of light WidowMakers is a glorious beacon of light WidowMakers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ORBOTRON View Post
    So the problems we've come up with are:

1) people abusing it to get medals FIX: make the practice games count for nothing, no UDO, CUDO, POINTS, OD, nothing.

2) people cheating FIX: Not a big deal, gives me and the MCCIC something to do.

3) People getting a high score and sitting there, playing only practice games FIX: ? do we really care if this happens?
    If people do not have an active Score game for a month or so (I think) they are dropped of f the board.