By clicking the button below you are agreeing to the terms of service.
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>.
<placeholder>
Hrvatski
Dansk
Nederlands
English
Eesti
Français
Deutsche
ελληνικά
Magyar
Italiano
Norsk
Português
Español
Svenska

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Level 7: Distinguished Contributor SamPaul has good things to say SamPaul's Avatar

Officer only games

Hey all bit off a random thought and Im'm sure some sort off version off this will have been thrown up before.

I play in a lot off clan games with the bsquad and while some off the games we play we get to play against other great teams often they get filled with a kitchen patroller 6 seconds after its created and then sits there forever or fills up with other low rankers.

Now Im not saying I have anything against players off low rank being the fact I have dropped from General to the man who cleans your boots and we all started at cadet and I still want to encourage team games with players off all abilities.

It would be nice though to have the option to restrict the game entries to people who have achieved an officer rank, I don't even think they should have to hold the rank at the time they join the game just the fact they have got there before will mean they are a decent player who doesn't awol or attack his team mates (well occasionally maybe) that other decent players will want to play with.

I know you can set games up against other teams and all there are a host off options out there, it would just be nice to be able to set a team game up not knowing who your going to play but know its going to be a good game no matter what.

As always love the work over at MajCom HQ, Im surprised my centcom rank hasn't been seen sent across yet but Im sure it just got lost in the post.....

Level 6: Prominent Opinion ericjkline has good things to say ericjkline's Avatar
    I like the idea. It would be a nice reward for hitting certain ranks.

Level 6: Prominent Opinion luiscasanova is on a distinguished road luiscasanova's Avatar
    Yeah, I wish the same. Hope the devs take note.

Forum Moderator and All Knowing God. Cardinalsrule is a glorious beacon of light Cardinalsrule is a glorious beacon of light Cardinalsrule is a glorious beacon of light Cardinalsrule's Avatar
    It's been on the list of upgrades for a while. Getting the recode finished is priority 1, then the little 'nice' features will be addressed.
    "And if you don't give up and don't give in, you may just be OK" ~ Mike and the Mechanics "The Living Years"

Level 3: Occasional Commentator d-flat is on a distinguished road d-flat's Avatar

Classic Evolved - Minimum Rank...

Hey, call me boring but I love 1v1 Classic Evolved games. The problem is that there is a lot of chance involved (some games are lost before you get a turn).

Most people who play are lower ranked than me (I'm only Lieutenant, not top brass!) and I end up losing points even if I win more games than I lose.

Is it possible to start a game that has a minimum rank for people joining?

Or - does anyone fancy a game? Sergeant+ please

Forum Moderator and All Knowing God. brianstheman is on a distinguished road brianstheman's Avatar
    So I've played a ton of 1v1 here (at least 4.5k games). What I found is that I had to learn to relish beating opponents a 2 to 1 rate that were lower ranked.

Let's say you and I play, and when the game ends , if you are at 2350 points, and me at 3k, you get 39 or I win 23.

So basically you need to become skilled enough to beat such players two thirds of the time. And the rate of ascent lessens, and point loss exaggerates, as your score rises.

I was able to get to 3,450 points thru 1v1. To get there took multiple 20 game win streaks. As mentioned, rate of ascent ticks up slowly the you climb.

Score for 1v1 players is an indicator of skill. If you want to attain and maintain a score of 3,000, you need to demonstrate that can beat players with a 2,000 score two thirds of the time. Turn a third of those would-be first round losses into wins. If you can't that, you don't deserve the ranking.

A simpler way to accrue more points is to play multi-player games, where you get points from 3 or more players for a win. Could be 250 quick points in an 8p game. Higher variance, but can be a quick shot.
    Last edited by brianstheman; 11-19-2019 at 06:43 AM.

Level 7: Distinguished Contributor periwinkle is on a distinguished road periwinkle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by d-flat View Post
    Hey, call me boring but I love 1v1 Classic Evolved games. The problem is that there is a lot of chance involved (some games are lost before you get a turn).

Most people who play are lower ranked than me (I'm only Lieutenant, not top brass!) and I end up losing points even if I win more games than I lose.

Is it possible to start a game that has a minimum rank for people joining?

Or - does anyone fancy a game? Sergeant+ please

if you like fixed force...you can play against me...I got a 1v1 classic evolved game waiting for someone brave enough to join

Level 3: Occasional Commentator d-flat is on a distinguished road d-flat's Avatar
    I've never played fixed-force Periwinkle, but I'm up for a go!

Yes I suppose you're right Brian; I've just had a bad run the last few games and am a little frustrated. I'll up my game lol

Level 7: Distinguished Contributor periwinkle is on a distinguished road periwinkle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by d-flat View Post
    I've never played fixed-force Periwinkle, but I'm up for a go!
    awesome! if anybody else wants to learn FF...message me and i'll set up a game for us