By clicking the button below you are agreeing to the terms of service.
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>
<placeholder>.
<placeholder>
Hrvatski
Dansk
Nederlands
English
Eesti
Français
Deutsche
ελληνικά
Magyar
Italiano
Norsk
Português
Español
Svenska

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Level 6: Prominent Opinion stonebergftw knows their way around stonebergftw's Avatar
    Can I be a commander class?

Level 7: Distinguished Contributor Avitray is on a distinguished road Avitray's Avatar
    How do you get to commander class?

Level 8: Renowned Expert FLAGG deserves your respect FLAGG's Avatar

Min/Max Rank Limits for Joining Games

Hey,

When the masses come in it is going to be total confusion, and hard to find a game with the people we know! And when a new game is started, it will be taken SO FAST that it will be hard to get into games with people you know. (I know you could do private games - but it is fun to play with different people too). There will be lots of treaty breaking, one game wonders, people who don't care about points, gunning for high players, and lack of comradeship - at least at first.

Right now it is a small group - and a lot of the names are getting familiar.

HOW ABOUT we have a game option where to play in specific games you have to be over 2000 in rating (or 1800 - everyone can discuss the magic number). That way - a person would have had to be playing on the site for a while and build a reputation and get known......to get into those games.

Plus it would make people work hard for their rating if they wanted to play with the BIG DOGS!

What do you think?

FLAGG

Forum Moderator and All Knowing God. Cardinalsrule is a glorious beacon of light Cardinalsrule is a glorious beacon of light Cardinalsrule is a glorious beacon of light Cardinalsrule's Avatar
    reasonably good idea - one more thing for Evan to code into the game options, but I'm sure he's not too busy right now...

I'd also like to see a way to 'reserve' a spot in games for when you want to make a team game and want to have a specific partner. Several times I've made a doubles game and invited someone, only to have someone sign up as my teammate. So, then I either have to create another game, or possibly offend the person by dropping out as their partner and re-joining.

Forum Moderator and All Knowing God. Cardinalsrule is a glorious beacon of light Cardinalsrule is a glorious beacon of light Cardinalsrule is a glorious beacon of light Cardinalsrule's Avatar
    that second 'someone' should have been "someone else"

Level 9: Highly Acclaimed Authority on the Subject mapguy has good things to say mapguy's Avatar
    Yes, The creator of the game should be able to "reserve" slots as needed.

Level 8: Renowned Expert FLAGG deserves your respect FLAGG's Avatar
    Yeah......I am sure Evan is just sitting around waiting for someone to make good ideas

FLAGG

Level 5: Notable Commentator Intrpt is on a distinguished road Intrpt's Avatar

Selection of players while start new game

Hello.

Really like the realization on this site but..
    Suggest to add one more options to the creation of game. For example I would like to play only with the people from Cadet to Corporal rank and do not want to see "name1", "name2" peoples in my game cose they always go AWOL. Realize like dropdown menu "from rank" - "to rank" mb.

Think that if we have a choice when we create new game the games will be more interesting. E.g. it is more convenient to play with people in your or near yours rank.
    Sorry for my english...

Level 7: Distinguished Contributor Avitray is on a distinguished road Avitray's Avatar

Rank limit when joining games

I think this is suggested before but...

I think a rank limit choice when starting a game is good, it could make the new people feel more safe (entering public now with a lot of 'veterans' around), the suggesting is that there will be a choice when starting a game, you can choose that the people joining the games have to be either
    -higher than a rank (of your choice)
    -lower than a rank (of your choice)
    -or anyone can join

This will make new people play amongst each other, and high rank-ers can challenge above a certain rank, it can also prevent games that higher rank-ers create and new people join -- then AWOL.

Is this hard to make as an option? I think it'll be a good idea.

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island) Badorties is a name known to all Badorties is a name known to all Badorties is a name known to all Badorties is a name known to all Badorties's Avatar
    yep its on our roadmap.